Princess Alexandra at 25 – Her Top Five Looks
Luxembourg’s Princess Alexandra, the only daughter of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, today celebrates her 25th birthday. To mark her quarter of a century, we’ve compiled a list of her five best outfits.
1. While there are no full-length photographs of this outfit, what was seen is much to one’s liking. At the gala dinner held the night before her eldest brother Guillaume’s wedding in October 2012, Alexandra wore satin chocolate brown evening dress that featured a gathered bow on her left shoulder, paired with the smaller of the two diamond floral tiaras in the Nassau collection.
2. For the baptism of her niece – and goddaughter – Amalia, Alexandra selected a mint green sleeveless shift dress that featured a layer of cut-out flowers. Paired with silver jewels, a pair of brown strappy heels and her hair pinned to one side, the ensemble was a lovely simple choice for a French summer day.
3. During a visit to France with her parents in 2013, Alexandra kept it simple in an electric blue coat with a black fur collar and black accessories. The blue worked as a wonderful contrast to her dark hair, and ensured she stood out amongst the grandeur of the Notre Dame Cathedral.
4. A simple asymmetrical shouldered black velvet evening gown was the Princess’s choice for the wedding dinner of her first cousin, Archduke Christoph of Austria, back in December 2012. She paired the gown with a black fur wrap to ward off the evening chill, and kept her hair in a messy chignon highlighting her diamond drop earrings.
5. In September 2013, Alexandra went for a burgundy silk dress with a rim of yellow and white at the hem for her brother Felix’s civil wedding ceremony in Germany. A pair of cream pumps and a simple shawl finished the look, with her chestnut hair flowing around her shoulders.
And with that, happy birthday Alexandra!Filed under Luxembourg
Tagged Birthday, Fashion, Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg.
Leave a Reply