What is your opinion of Frederik and Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rosana said:
I didn´t know if i should post here,because i don´t have an opinion of someone i don´t know,i didn´t even hear her voice. I just have an impression and it´s not good, i see her cold,distant, insipid (don´t know if this word is used for a person)nervous and her artificial poses remind me of Victoria Beckham. quote]

Well for someone who doesn't have an opinion of someone else- you certainly don't mince words - inspid and cold-ouch :lol:

rosana said:
As little as i know of her it´s an impression,if i was invited to speak of her to give an opinion i couldn´t possibly do it.

Oh, I now understand what you were infact saying :) I initially thought you to contradict yourself and I appreciate your response.

I think its possible that if you spend time sifting through threads or even if you would like to listen to HRH talk (I can locate media pieces for you if you would like) that you may, in time come to see Mary is actually very genuine of heart and meaning. Not all agree of course, but I really believe in what I write and wouldn't post it if I thought otherwise.

Its of course up to you and by no means am I trying to "convert" you to the supposed "Hallelujah chorus" of Mary supporters but as you said you know very little of Mary so would perhaps be interested in learning more.

I'll leave it with you.

A nice day to you :flowers:

Last edited:
Australian said:
How can you make an impression of someone when you don't know anything about the person?
How can you give so many opinions if you don´t know her, it takes a lor of time to know a person

Thank you Madame Royale,i´m trying to know all the C Princesses a little better through the forum,in the case of Mary she inspires me nothig, it doesn´t happens with the other ones, maybe this is a matter of charisma or something else but the lady doesnt have it.

rosana said:
Thank you Madame Royale,i´m trying to know all the C Princesses a little better through the forum,in the case of Mary she inspires me nothig, it doesn´t happens with the other ones, maybe this is a matter of charisma or something else but the lady doesnt have it.

Fair enough, rosana.

Perhaps your perception of Crown Princess Mary will change with time, then again it may not. Only you can can decide that but we must always keep an open mind.

As it is, my offer stands and if you choose not to accept it then that's quite ok :)

rosana said:
How can you give so many opinions if you don´t know her, it takes a lor of time to know a person

Hi rosana, i meant that if you have done no research on the person, then how can you make impressions? I'm not talking about knowing them personally or anything. Hope you have fun learning about the Crown princesses, rosana:)

carlota said:
by the way, madame royale, it's a pleasure to discuss something we differ on with people like you. i think the position you are taking is the right one. some others get over excited, in my opinion.

Thank you, Carlota.

I am glade you recognise my posts for what they represent :)

Henri M. said:
Okay.
Hendes Kongelige Højhed Kronprinsesse Mary af Danmark.
http://www.crownprincecouple.dk/db/images/mary_ny_1.jpg

A breathtakingly perfect (!!!) Crown Princess with ice water running in her veins.
Posing against a cold, artificial background.
Compare this with another Princess:
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/dsc?noblob=true&s=obj&c=getsubobject&versionid=6&dsname=minazkh&objectid=4838&subobjectname=63489920.jpg

Not posing against an artificial background. Just in her real daily surroundings. Showing all her freckles and wrinkles. Her hair with roots. The last picture simply appeals more to me. It shows a human being. It shows warmth and it radiates goodwill.
I happen to agree and dont like that overly airbrushed picture and strange pout, but it seems the Head of the House of Schlesvig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg does not mind a little airbrushing herself, I like Margrethe and if she wanna smoke 60 siggarets a day that is her business as I dont have to smell them, but really her teeth has not been this white since she was 25 and where are all the wrinkles gone:wacko: http://i.c.dk/pics/2/7/9/33972/org.jpg Is she also part of the Bechamization of the monarchy because her picture is airbrushed?

All those pictures are taken by a photographer (Steen Evald) who mainly works in fashion, so I guess it is in his blood to airbrush pictures, compare the stiff official pictures taken of F and M by him after the birth of christian to the lively and familiar pictures with big natural smiles taken by another photographer, Steen Brogaard for Christians birthday (and also often of Joachims family), it also has alot to do with the photographer. The first set makes me go "ugh:wacko:" and the second set "cute:wub:" and its the same people in the pictures.

Exactly Larzen.

You have understood me. :flowers:

The second set with 'normal pictures' like Prince Christian covered with chocolate or his parents in a 'natural' interaction together are so much more prettier than the photoshopped pictures of Steen Evald. Prince Christian's eyes are magic. He will break many girl's hearts!

Henri M. said:
Exactly Larzen.

You have understood me. :flowers:

The second set with 'normal pictures' like Prince Christian covered with chocolate or his parents in a 'natural' interaction together are so much more prettier than the photoshopped pictures of Steen Evald. Prince Christian's eyes are magic. He will break many girl's hearts!
Yes I agree isn't the difference amazing! Mary also comes across as totally completely human without losing her seemingly inbred regalness. I say Steen Evald should be fired, or rather, not hired for royal photoshoots from now on.
I also noticed Christian's eyes. They seem to have an old-soul quality about them, can't quite put my finger on it. If prince henrik hadn't been among us any longer, we'd probably all say the little kid is an carbon copy re-incarnation of the French-born royal spouse!

Larzen said:
I happen to agree and dont like that overly airbrushed picture and strange pout, but it seems the Head of the House of Schlesvig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg does not mind a little airbrushing herself, I like Margrethe and if she wanna smoke 60 siggarets a day that is her business as I dont have to smell them, but really her teeth has not been this white since she was 25 and where are all the wrinkles gone:wacko: http://i.c.dk/pics/2/7/9/33972/org.jpg Is she also part of the Bechamization of the monarchy because her picture is airbrushed?
LOL, so true! Off topic, but can't anyone get Margarethe to quit smoking? The woman's lungs must be midnight-black!

(This is why I often wander if the painted portraits we see of royals who lived in different centuries bear ANY resemblance to what the real person looked like in real life!)

princess olga said:
Yes I agree isn't the difference amazing! Mary also comes across as totally completely human without losing her seemingly inbred regalness. I say Steen Evald should be fired, or rather, not hired for royal photoshoots from now on.
I also noticed Christian's eyes. They seem to have an old-soul quality about them, can't quite put my finger on it. If prince henrik hadn't been among us any longer, we'd probably all say the little kid is an carbon copy re-incarnation of the French-born royal spouse!

Such humour :lol: but 'inbred' regalness...:wacko:

Last edited:
After reading recent posts I have to agree the pictures from Prince Christian's birthday have a realness to them that the pictures from his birth just don't have.

Difference in photoshopped pictures

Larzen said:
http://i.c.dk/pics/2/7/9/33972/org.jpg Is she also part of the Bechamization of the monarchy because her picture is airbrushed?

Of course that portrait of the royal couple was airbrushed, but much in their advantage. The Queen and The Prince-Consort still have a most regal appearance and you can see the picture is taken in one of the royal residences. For no second you will hesistate and immediately see that this is a most important couple.

This piture of The Crown Princess:
http://www.crownprincecouple.dk/db/images/mary_ny_1.jpg is horrible. It does not make clear this is no photo-shoot for Marie-Claire or Elle, but a state-portrait of Danmark's future Queen. The very photoshopped and unnatural picture is totally lifted out of its relevant roots, so to say. That was my problem with it. And the lady is portrayed as if she has ice-water running in her veins.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Not at all. Princesss Máxima could very well use some fashion-lessons by Danmark's Crown Princess who has a very refined style. It is just the person, not her -undoubtedly elegant- looks.

Okay, tell us where and when you met Mary, what she said to you and how she behaved so that you can say you're taking about "the person" and not her public image. Just curious, you know...;)

I have not had the pleasure to meet Princess Máxima or Crown Princess Mary, so it is purely the 'click' you feel with seeing them in pictures, on television, etc. Like you have with other famous people, sportsmen or politicians.

All 'Crown Princesses' have made that 'click' with me, except for Crown Princess Mary.

I would like to make clear: Mary Elizabeth absolutely is a breathtaking beauty and most likely the best dressed of all 'Crown Princesses'. So thát is not the point. She is okay by me, it is not that I hate her or so. I simply do not feel a 'click' with her. She comes over as cold and distant.

One question: Why does Mary like to take these pictures with her mouth half open, or whatever you call that...? These are the pictures I'm referring to, in both her mouth is open. Wouldn't it be better if she has a soft smile or is just serious or thoughtful? Inquiring minds would like to know...:flowers:

The picture posted by Henri M. and another one that I can't find. It was taken of Mary before the gala concert, she's wearing her red dress and the Ruby parure...

Last edited:
RachelD said:
One question: Why does Mary like to take these pictures with her mouth half open, or whatever you call that...? These are the pictures I'm referring to, in both her mouth is open. Wouldn't it be better if she has a soft smile or is just serious or thoughtful? Inquiring minds would like to know...:flowers:

The picture posted by Henri M. and another one that I can't find. It was taken of Mary before

Her lips are thin; maybe she's trying to make them look fuller?

I am from the United States and the most well known royals here are the Windsors, mostly due to scandals if anything. Nevertheless, I became fascinated with royalty about five years ago and have read up on all the European Crown prince and princess. For some reason I find Fred and Mary to be the most fascinating out of the bunch. I find the Spain Royal family to be quite boring if not the most boring of the bunch. Like some here, I don't have any strong negative feelings for any of the crown princess. They are in a position that most of us will never be in nor understand. I find something good in all of them and see that they all are doing their best with their position. Like others have said already we all have our preferences so accept it for what it is. I am also introverted and also believe that Mary may be one too. That may factor into how she is perceive. With the whole fashion thing I don't see the big deal. She seems to be working hard and there is nothing wrong with her interest in fashion. I could name a few royals who were known for their fashion senses and were much loved. One being Lady Di. Same with the Queen of Jordan, she into fashion and gets a lot of critism for it, but I don't see her being any different than Princess Diana. I find the Spain Crown couple very stuffy and boring, but I do read up on them and appreaciate their uniqueness and their hard work.

If you look at her reflection in the mirror, her mouth doesn't seem open at all. But what would it matter, anyway? Obviously, the Palace approves of her official photos.

Polly

Oh, that's a little strange, in the mirror her mouth is not open...more airbrushing?
I don't mind the pictures. I actually think they are very nice pictures and she look very pretty. The one picture that does bother me a little is (is the one I can't find!) the one where she's staring into the camera. That one is just, I don't know, but it just seems to bother me a little. And I think it's strange because she's so photogenic!

Last edited:
I'm in no way involved with this blog, but came across it on another "royal" website.

Obviously, the authors have an extremely opinionated view of CP Mary. Ouch:

http://www.cpmary.blogspot.com/

If you take it with a grain of salt and imagine her (CP Mary's) voice while reading the entries, it's actually spoof-like. And that's what good satire should be.

I expect I will be beat about the head for posting this link! ;)

Yes i have come across this so called satire about Mary and to be honest i find it a load of rubbish and another chance to bash Mary- i don't find it witty or clever either-.Just MY opinion. Nothing to do with you Lady Blufton it is just not my taste.:)

tabbitha said:
Yes i have come across this so called satire about Mary and to be honest i find it a load of rubbish and another chance to bash Mary- i don't find it witty or clever either-.Just MY opinion. Nothing to do with you Lady Blufton it is just not my taste.:)

Thanks, Tabbitha -- for whatever it's worth, this thread deserves all opinions -- negative and positive. I appreciate your comments! :flowers:

:)

I fell asleep during the second, equally as tedious as the first, paragraph. Sorry. :wacko:
What an absolute load of :sick:

Madame Royale said:
Such humour :lol: but 'inbred' regalness...:wacko:
Why is it that especially the Forum's members from Down Under seem to be so, well, easily miffed when the topic of discussion is Mary, a mere mortal who moved from her beloved Tasmania to be with her love, prince Fred of Denmark? I didn't attempt at homour at all, how is saying that little Christian seems to have 'old soul' qualities, how is that humour? I was serious..:ermm:

Of all the crown princesses she's the one who had a makeover overhaul. The before and after photos of her are just unbelievable. She obviously had a team of skin experts, diet gurus, yoga instructors, stylists, hairdressers.... She was chubby, muscular, tanned, and ordinary, and now she's slim, pale luminous skin, no more masculine body, and a so-called fashion icon. I wish someone would post photos of her transformations from 2000 to present.

princess olga said:
Why is it that especially the Forum's members from Down Under seem to be so, well, easily miffed when the topic of discussion is Mary, a mere mortal who moved from her beloved Tasmania to be with her love, prince Fred of Denmark? I didn't attempt at homour at all, how is saying that little Christian seems to have 'old soul' qualities, how is that humour? I was serious..:ermm:

Well, most Australians are brought up with the 'mateship' thing happening. When someone is getting shot down (not saying you are Olga) unfairly, or just in general, you stick by them, especially when that person cannot have a voice. It is referred to as 'mateship' here and the theory of mateship is just part of our culture here in Australia. I am not talking about anyone in particular, just a possible explanation.

Lady Bluffton said:
Have to say she doesn't strike me as that different before or after, with one exception: her nose! Did she get a nose job, post-Fred? Her nose is more bulby in her pre-Fred days seemingly. Or, did she just lose some weight and her nose too?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/jules112004/508975745205_0_ALB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom