General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 20: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The building is from 1625 and was build by Christian IV, probably the most well-known king to the Danes. The building itself and especially the tower is unique. It is among the most iconic building in DK.
It is truly a national-historic tragedy.
The funds for rebuilding the building have been pledged by Danish Commerce and the state is also ready to provide funds. So it will be rebuild.
How long it will take is unknown. At least some year, I imagine. And when it is reopened I will guarantee the DRF will be present.
But so much history has been lost and no doubt invaluable paintings and works of art as well.

This is a devastating loss.
I adored this when I was in Copenhagen and took many photos.
I loved how the spire was formed by the dragons twisting their tails together upwards.
Here are some of my shots … taken from the street and from the tower of Christiansborg Palace.

More photos.

Some more of my photos.

Attachments

• IMG_7086.png
    IMG_7086.png
    963.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7087.png
    IMG_7087.png
    696.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7088.png
    IMG_7088.png
    972.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7090.png
    IMG_7090.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7091.png
    IMG_7091.png
    960.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7092.png
    IMG_7092.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7094.png
    IMG_7094.png
    983.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7095.png
    IMG_7095.png
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7097.png
    IMG_7097.png
    834.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7098.png
    IMG_7098.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7099.png
    IMG_7099.png
    864.2 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Muhler. Im glad to hear it will be rebuilt.
pictures from today and of the building beforehand
Seems that King Frederik's statement yesterday about the horrible fire has been met with praise

Today is Isabella's B-day and BT has compiled 17 trivia about her, some of which I will translate here.

2: She has often frequented the tennis club HIK, which the tennis player Holger Rune also went - and she has met him on several occasions. Back in 2019 when she and her dad visited the club. Dad was commanded to move over, so she could sit next to Holger. - You can find that story in more detail here on TRF somewhere.

3: Isabella (and Josephine, we must assume) really like the DK equivalent to So You Think You can Dance or whatever the name is in your countries. In 2021 she and Josephine attended the dress rehearsal in secret and were also allowed to make comments to the dancers from the seat of the judges.

4: When her dad became kin she wore a brooch, that she had been presented with by QMII, who in turn had got in from her farmor, Queen Alexandrine back in 1940.

5: Isabella is also a keen follower of Bake-off, or whateever you call it in your countries. In 2022 she and Vincent had a chat with one of the contestants at the Royal Run. And at Christian's 18th B-day, her table partner was a winner of the contest.

6: Isabella was a fan of the duo Citibois. (I have no idea who they are). And she and some female friends (DK lesson: Veninder: female friends. So girlfriends isn't always the best translation, as girlfriend can also mean a sweetheart, which would be kæreste, meaning dearest, in Danish.) went backstage to get some photos at a concert. There are perks with being a Princess.

7: She and her siblings were made Knights of the Order of the Elephant when dad became king.

8: Isabella and Christian are fond of listening to Adele. (So they have a pretty good taste in music.)

9: Isabella has often been observed attending soccer matches, with the national team. Either with her family or with friends (veninder. Veninde is the female version of ven = friend. Just as freundin in German.)

10: She had her first official duty when she was eight years old, with her square in the center. One of her duties that day was to name a ferry Prinsesse Isabella. - I've been on that ferry to the very scenic island of Samsø. If you stay away from the holiday colonies and rent a house in one of the many small villages there, you will feel you stress level drop by about 6.000 %. In fact many years ago I met an American there. He had served in a B-52 over Vietnam and was shot down. He suffered from what was no doubt PTSD. He visited the island regularly with his family to get the anxiety level down.

15: Isabella has been seen dancing away on several TikTok videos.

17: Two of the guests at Christian's B-day last year chatted with Isabella and they told afterwards that she attends kickboxing.

- All in all I think it's safe to say that in many ways Isabella is a perfectly ordinary teenage girl.

Mary has recorded a little video yesterday, April 21, like many of us waiting for the real spring to come..;)

The big thing isn't happening yet. Because even though spring is on the calendar, the weather is still unpredictable and changeable. Soon we will move to Fredensborg to spend the warm and bright months there.In the coming time, I am also very much looking forward to enjoying and keeping an eye on how our wild garden will grow and show itself from all its many different and beautiful sides, and how the garden creates a habitat for bees, insects and much more other ….🪲🐝📱 Filmed on Sunday by H.M. The queen.

Back
Top Bottom