Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will Daniel's birthday even be a tiara event?

Tonight at 20:00 is the Norwegian Parliament Dinner:

Queen Sonja: The large pearl tiara, Drapers company brooch, 5 rows of pearl necklaces, 3 row pearl bracelet and pearl ring.

Crown Princess Mette Marit: Amethyst tiara and amethyst accessoires.

Princess Astrid: Diamond aigrette, pearl and diamond earrings, diamond bow brooch with pearl.

(Would be nice to see Crown Princess Mette-Marit borrow Ingrid's circle tiara, earrings and diamond necklace.)

Queen Sonja: The large pearl tiara, Drapers company brooch, 5 rows of pearl necklaces, 3 row pearl bracelet and pearl ring.

Princess Astrid: Diamond aigrette, pearl and diamond earrings, diamond bow brooch with pearl.

All pretty safe assumptions!

(Would be nice to see Crown Princess Mette-Marit borrow Ingrid's circle tiara, earrings and diamond necklace.)

Lovely as it would be to see Mette Marit in the Circle Tiara, I doubt it will happen.

If I am not mistaken, Mette has already worn the earrings once in the last year or so.

It appears you were very correct.

Are you sure you are not Queen Sonja herself?

Congratulations!!! 3/3!!!

Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway turns 18 on December 3rd. If have a tiara event, here are my guesses. I only will put the Norwegian royals so far:

Sonja: Josefina's Diamond Tiara
Mette-Marit: Queen Maud Diamond Tiara
Ingrid-Alexandra: Boucheron Pearl Circle
Märtha-Louise: her 18th birthday tiara
Astrid: Vasa or Turquoise Circlet

My final guesses for the Spanish State Visit to Denmark are here:

Daisy: Floral Aigrette or Emerald Parure
Letizia: Fleur de Lys Tiara
Mary: Ruby Parure
Benedikte: Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara
If Marie attends: Dagmar Floral Tiara

For the South Korean State Visit to the UK:

Camilla: Vladimir tiara, Queen Alexandra kokoshnik or - as usual - Greville Honeycomb
Catherine: Lotus Tiara, Queen Mary Lover's Knot or Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau
Anne: Diamond Festoon
Sophie: Aquamarine Necklace
Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle

Last edited:
For the South Korean State Visit to the UK:

Camilla: Vladimir tiara, Queen Alexandra kokoshnik or - as usual - Greville Honeycomb
Catherine: Lotus Tiara, Queen Mary Lover's Knot or Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau
Anne: Diamond Festoon
Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle

By Queen Mary's diamond bandeau, are you referring to the tiara Meghan wore at her wedding?

Exactly. That one

Unlikely, IMO, to ever be worn by the Princess of Wales. Its not worth the drama, especially as she has many more to choose from.

Unlikely, IMO, to ever be worn by the Princess of Wales. Its not worth the drama, especially as she has many more to choose from.

It would be a PR disaster and not worth the drama - as well as unnecessary. There are so many tiaras in the collection. I'm afraid, unless Megan returns to the Firm, we will not see this tiara for a long time. A shame really.

Yes I think that one will be kept in the vaults for the next generation. There are plenty more Catherine could wear without going down that route - if nothing else it would completely overshadow the state visit.

Sadly I predict pretty much the same old from the royal ladies (Greville or Sapphire necklace for Cams, Lover's Knot for Catherine, wedding tiara for Sophie, Festoon tiara for Anne etc) but what I'd love in an ideal world:

Camilla: Deli Durbar or Ruby Oriental Circlet tiara

Catherine: Queen Mary Sapphire tiara (last seen on Margaret)

Anne: Double Meander Tiara

Birgitte: Indian Cartier Tiara

I agree that is very unlikely we will see that particular tiara in the next years. Unfortunately. If it would be worn by Camilla or Catherine it would be very bad PR. They only chance be if it would be worn by Sophie or Anne

I understand these are hard times but to withhold the use of the beautiful tiaras that could bring joy and entertainment to the people is just wrong. Charles let the ladies use different tiaras.

I understand these are hard times but to withhold the use of the beautiful tiaras that could bring joy and entertainment to the people is just wrong. Charles let the ladies use different tiaras.

But then it was withold/not used for over 70 years.

The state visit from Spain to Denmark:

Queen Margrethe - it's really time for the Emerald Parure to shine again.

Crown Princess Mary - The Ruby Tiara

Princess Benedikte - The SWB Fringe Tiara

Queen Letizia - The Fleur de Lys Tiara

I don't think Princess Marie will attend.

It would be good to see Queen Margarethe use the emeralds again, it has been some time.

Queen Margrethe II - The Danish Emerald Parure Tiara

Crown Princess Mary - The Ruby Parure Tiara

Princess Marie - Princess Dagmar’s Floral Tiara

Princess Benedikte - Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara

Last edited:

Since Princess Marie has been given the Grand Cross of the Spanish order of Civil Merit, it is likely that she will attend. I hope she surprises us with her borrowed Nuits Claires tiara.

It reamins to be seen whether Queen Camilla will wear a tiara for the state banquet in Nairobi on 31 October. I suspect she will, but it will probably be the Greville.

I guess it will depend on the dresscode. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't wear one like in France as i don't expect a white-tie State Banquet

It is possible that a tiara isn't worn by Queen Camilla in Nairobi tomorrow. If that is case (even though most of us would like it to not be the case!), I do hope the Queen uses a substantial necklace or demi-parure previously unseen on her.

For the spanish State Visit

Queen Margrethe: the floral aigrette with the big diamond necklace from the Crown Jewels
Queen Letizia: the loop pearl tiara with the single row pearl necklace from the passing Jewels and the pearl drop brooch from that set
Crown Princess Mary: ruby tiara and its necklace with the drops and swags, earring in full form
Princess Marie: claire nuts tiara
Princess Benedikte: pearl and star tiara

As Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are awarded spanish orders i think the will participate in the State Visit.

For the spanish State Visit

Queen Margrethe: the floral aigrette with the big diamond necklace from the Crown Jewels
Queen Letizia: the loop pearl tiara with the single row pearl necklace from the passing Jewels and the pearl drop brooch from that set
Crown Princess Mary: ruby tiara and its necklace with the drops and swags, earring in full form
Princess Marie: claire nuts tiara
Princess Benedikte: pearl and star tiara

As Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are awarded spanish orders i think the will participate in the State Visit.

It has been a while since the crown diamond brialliants necklace with the pendants was used, lets see of Queen M brings it out.

Since Princess Marie has been given the Grand Cross of the Spanish order of Civil Merit, it is likely that she will attend. I hope she surprises us with her borrowed Nuits Claires tiara.
I guess you're right! Happy news indeed!

It would be nice to see the Nuits Claires Tiara, but guess we'll see the Dagmar Floral Tiara.

There will be a SV from Belgium to Germany in December. I predict Queen Mathilde will wear the Laurel Wreath tiara.

There will be a SV from Belgium to Germany in December. I predict Queen Mathilde will wear the Laurel Wreath tiara.

I'm predicting the Wolfers Necklace Tiara!

I expect Queen Mathilde will wear the Nine Provinces tiara in full form, and possibly, the Wolfers tiara as a necklace in Berlin.

I expect Queen Mathilde will wear the Nine Provinces tiara in full form, and possibly, the Wolfers tiara as a necklace in Berlin.

I think that is very unlikely. So far she has worn the nine provinces tiaras in full only for official pics or State Visits to or from other monarchies. And only one time with the wolfers as necklace.
I guess it will either be the wolfers tiara, her laurel wreath tiara or the bandeau from the nine provinces tiara.

I guess the Duchess of Gloucester will wear either the Honeysuckle or Cartier Indian Tiara at banquet at Guildhall in honour of South Korean President in November

The British State Opening of Parliament will be on November 7. It is unknown to me if it will be a tiara event but here are my guesses:

Queen Camilla: Queen Alexandra's Kokoshink tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara

The British State Opening of Parliament will be on November 7. It is unknown to me if it will be a tiara event but here are my guesses:

Queen Camilla: Greville Honeycomb tiara
Princess of Wales: Lovers Knot tiara

Back
Top Bottom