The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 3: July 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Princess of Wales in red (Catherine Walker coat) on day one of the state visit from South Korea today, November 21:

** Full view ** Full view ** Side view **

Last edited:
Eye-catching, but a bit too voluminous for my taste.

I don't care for this outfit. I think the bow is too fussy on the cape and a bit too much bright red for my taste.

The Princess of Wales in red (Catherine Walker coat) on day one of the state visit from South Korea today, November 21:

Busy and voluminous. Large brim hat doesn't always go well with cape (unless you're Maxima). I'd love to see it without the cape. I think she is wearing the red coat dress from Christmas concert? The bow is peeking out underneath. I thought it's the same hat from Ascot but probably another new hat.

It's a massive no from me, did she change her stylist?
The First Lady is better dressed.

Not a fan, one bit. It swallows her up and "almost" looks like pantomime on her. Over the top for daytime too.

It's a little too voluminous for my taste, but I love the color, and the hat.

An interesting experiment, but the color is the only thing about this that I like.

Love the colour but not crazy about the red bow ,the Princess really stands out.

I adore the change for her in this outfit. Classic one-color theme which shows thought. She is slender enough to pull off the volume of the cape like style without trying to mask extra inches of weight, which everyone knows she doesn't have. Plus, this outfit can always be taken in brilliantly to a completely different design if she finds the extra material doesn't make her happy. She also knows that everyone will critique. I will be fascinated to hear what the professional designers of the world will have to say, as each always seem to be quite vocal in their own way. JMO

I would like it for the walk to church in Sandringham or attending a Christmas concert but it does not fit the occasion IMO.

Last edited:

I think this is a great look for the Princess of Wales. She has the height, presence, slim body and more importantly, the confidence to wear something like this well.

Last edited:
I like the hat, the earrings, the hairstyle and the color...but that coat is something else. Way too voluminous, it's swallowing her.

I LOVE it. Thank goodness she brought some flair and a big hat. This is great. I would have only changed the jewelry.

It's unpleasantly reminiscent of the Queen Mum to me despite not being a specific outfit that lady would ever have worn.

To me that says it really doesn't suit her.

All packaged up and ready for Christmas :whistling:

I think this red outfit is a rare miss for Kate. Too eye-catching as well; i'm totally sure she didn't mean it, but it's taking away from QCamilla as well as the President's wife (who looked lovely by the way).

I really can’t make up my mind about this outfit. I love the colour on her and it’s great to see her stepping outside her comfort zone for such occasions. A cape is a welcome change. But I do think it is a little overwhelming with the bow and the tip to toe red (Charlene did the same for National day) .

I don't dislike the red outfit, but it's just too flashy compared to the pitch perfect sartorial elegance I always expect from the PoW. It's like she was determined to make a splash here which she definitely did...but compared to the stark elegance of the beautiful First Lady of South Korea it was the wrong time to make that kind of splash.

Last edited:
No, just too much red and OTT.

I LOVE it. Thank goodness she brought some flair and a big hat. This is great. I would have only changed the jewelry.

The big hat really is fabulous. Love the up do. She looks lovely in red.

I’m not wild about the gigantic bow or the size of the cape, but other than that very nice.

Last edited:
Love the hat , hair and vibrant color but the Cape is too full. Giving me Matador vibes.
I seriously envy her gorgeous legs!

The cape was too much.

the red coat underneath is beautiful and I would happily have had that as the rewear with the new hat but the CAPE WAS ALOT

Not overly keen on this one, and she flashed way too much leg as she was getting out of the car!

Busy and voluminous. Large brim hat doesn't always go well with cape (unless you're Maxima). I'd love to see it without the cape. I think she is wearing the red coat dress from Christmas concert? The bow is peeking out underneath. I thought it's the same hat from Ascot but probably another new hat.

It's a massive no from me, did she change her stylist?
The First Lady is better dressed.

This outfit has a mix of items previously worn and a couple of new pieces.

Yowzah, if the ensemble had been black I would have been looking for a broom. This is a true clunker even with monochrome Christmas look. I love capes and have several different styles in my closet, in fact until now I have never seen one I didn't admire. However, just to show you're never to old to learn or change . . . I loathe this one, with it's incredibly sharp angular shoulder, oversized bow thingies both cape and dress and the large hat that had more in common with a UFO than magical millinery. The entire ensemble looks like it is at war with itself so . . . another miss and finding it a combination of two different ensembles, well that just about explained it all.

Back
Top Bottom