The Princess of Orange, Pss Alexia and Pss Ariane, News Part 2 (Feb 2019 -Dec 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Oh, yes. But these pupils we see from the theme-party are mid-teens.
Some are not even sexually active yet, let alone have clearly defined any sexual identification. Most will still be experimenting, exploring and figuring things out.

So, that's why I take the 30 % statement with a big pinch of salt.

I don't believe that 30% statement either. At these ages many are still discovering themselves.

From an ethnological perspective it should not be forgotten, that Kate got her Prince William at a similiar occasion, when she wore this "nothing" at a fashion show - and William was overwhelmed:"Kate is hot!"

So, this here at a highschool might be so to say the trial run for the college - training...

Oh, yes. But these pupils we see from the theme-party are mid-teens.
Some are not even sexually active yet, let alone have clearly defined any sexual identification. Most will still be experimenting, exploring and figuring things out.

So, that's why I take the 30 % statement with a big pinch of salt.
I don't believe that 30% statement either. At these ages many are still discovering themselves.
I myself, and most LGBTQ+ persons I know, knew what attracted us/our identities before we hit puberty. Being sexually active had nothing to do with that.
While I too wonder how statistically correct the poll figures are, I don't doubt that if in a safe environment a larger number than usual would openly identify as LGBTQ+.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Royals Community mobile app

It is a 16 years old girl and her parents absolutely wanted to have their girls on normal schools (a municipal school) rather than a private school in über-posh Wassenaar, exactly because they should grow up with "normal" children. Now that Alexia goes to Atlantic College, she has left the path of "normal children" but the essence remains that she should be "just Alexia" and not Her Royal Highness Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.
Hardly any Dutch child goes to a private school, so the school the princesses went to was very posh/elite (south of Wassenaar!) and most likely not less posh/elite than any other school they might have picked in that area. Ariane's current school where both Amalia and Alexia went to until last year is also known as a rather 'elite' school according to one of my friends who lives in the neighborhood.

Totally innocuous photo but much nastier is the fact that presumably one of the people there - who will be her friends and colleagues for the next couple of years - sold/sent the photos to a newspaper.

Never knowing who you can trust must be the worst part for a public figure. I am sorry for her.

I am not sure that someone among that group sent the photos to a newspaper. It is at least as likely (if not more likely imho) that a friend of a friend did so.

With municipal (public) school, I meant not the (in the Dutch system) "private" schools as the Christian, Roman-Catholic, Montessori or "Nut" - school the parents could have used. Usually these schools which are not managed by the municipality attract a different population above municipal schools.

But I agree, a municipal primary school in one of the poshest municipalities in the Netherlands, is incomparable with the same in Rotterdam or Utrecht.

The Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet in The Hague (the old secondary chool of Alexia) indeed is seen as a milieu of "us-knows-us".

Who else thinks Alexia was *sent* of to UWC?!

She already had this image of being a bit of a wild-child/party princess.

I personally love it. She will be interesting to watch as the years go by. I hope she continues to be an individualist/non-conformist.

Who else thinks Alexia was *sent* of to UWC?!

She already had this image of being a bit of a wild-child/party princess.

I personally love it. She will be interesting to watch as the years go by. I hope she continues to be an individualist/non-conformist.

I have really never ever seen Alexia partying, she is just 16 and not even allowed to drink alcohol. She has the image of being the prettiest of the three princesses but not as a "party princess", it is still a kid at secondary school.

And *sent* to the UWC? How does that relate to the ultra-conformistic strict-within-the-lines Doña Leonor de Borbón? I think Princess Alexia just made a conscious choice to exploit all her abilities at in a challenging environment.

Last edited:
Column by Daniela Hooghiemstra, an author of several books about royalty and nobility, on Princess Alexia in lingerie.

Source: https://www.volkskrant.nl/columns-o...in-een-maatschappelijke-controverse~bde7ddd2/

In red lingerie, Princess Alexia is in the middle of a social controversy

The Islamic taboo on the depiction of the prophet Mohammed is often scorned, but I wonder whether the rules for showing photos of members of the Royal House in the Netherlands are not just as cramped. This week Shownieuws and RTL Boulevard were again busy with photos that were not allowed to be shown by the State Information Service (RVD).

In the foreground we see a young man, a short-haired figure with a bare torso, lilac-painted eyes and a necklace around the neck. Behind him are four female, long-haired figures, the left one, dressed in a short black dress with glitter, grabs with her right hand the left buttocks of the figure next to her, who -dressed in a short, see-through dress with black lingerie underneath- stands with her back to the camera. A female figure with reddish hair in red lingerie clings to her left shoulder, whom we recognize as Princess Alexia, the King's second daughter, while a fourth female figure in black lingerie, close behind her, presses her right breast against her back.

A 'private matter', according to the RVD, and therefore not suitable for publication. How 'private' the life is of a possible heir to the throne, is in itself an interesting question. But the RVD misled everyone a bit, as this was not a kinky party for the 16-year-old princess herself, but a celebration of 'Queer Focus Week' at Atlantic College in Wales, where she, like the Spanish heir to the throne Doña Leonor de Borbón, is being educated. The parade of Princess Alexia and her classmates through the auditorium in lingerie, drag queen outfits, cross-dressing and painted breasts was part of an educational event organized by members of the American-grown LGBTQ movement, which recognizes gender and orientation. considers an individual choice.

In the Netherlands, the LGBTQ movement forced the introduction of gender-neutral toilets and gender-neutral passports and the Council for Culture, at its insistence, advised replacing the pronouns 'he' and 'she' with 'them'. But as gender reassignment waiting lists for teens grow, so does criticism. Doctors point out the indisputable nature of biological differences, the call to call women 'persons with wombs' from now on has been dismissed and the presentation of a gender-neutral Golden Calf during the Netherlands' Film Festival was criticized by feminists, among others. Princess Alexia in her lingerie at Atlantic College was therefore in the middle of a social controversy. But while the Spanish media spoke about a 'royal scandal' involving their Catholic Infanta Doña Leonor (who was not photographed by the way): nothing of all this is to be read in Dutch newspapers.

I do not advocate the printing of photos of minors. But after Alexia's great-grandmother was trained a hundred years ago by elderly professors at Soestdijk Palace, the LGBTQ education the princess now enjoys in Wales seems to me to be a new royal phase. The question is whether the King, who pays around 80.000 euros annually for his daughter's boarding school, finds the celebration of a 'Queer Focus Week' educational. My guess is yes. Just as princes and princesses used to have to learn the general court etiquette, in this century selling one's own identity is the art. And since LGBTQ people worldwide are skillfully making their way through this, while Royal Houses in Europe stumble from one affair to another, you can understand the interest.

When I saw an interview by transgender Nikkie de Jager with Queen Máxima during the Eurovision Song Contest last spring, I noticed the professional resemblance between the two women. Both have chosen a new identity and both have made it a day job. I do wonder how far you can go in uniting your own identity and hereditary succession. Princess Amalia will not lose the throne if she marries a woman, I heard Prime Minister Rutte saying last week. But how that should be done with the royal legitimacy of the posterity, he did not say.

Daniela Hooghiemstra is a historian.

Last edited:
Daniela Hooghiemstra co-wrote one book on the RF (& courtiers) ages ago. At the 2013 enthronement she was a commentator for the public channel, piling mistake upon mistake. It was embarassing to see, her hautain over-confidence seemed even more out of place than usual.

I am not sure what this column adds, it seems rather lazy. Apart from giving us a description of what happened it is unclear what point she wants to make. I am surprised that the Volkskrant has published it.

Queen Juliana was not educated at Soestdijk palace btw, as that was the palace of her grand mother, the widowed Queen Emma.

And Daniela Hooghiemstra has a bit a negative vibe against Willem-Alexander, as she seems more clinging to a Beatrixian style of monarchy. Princess Alexia in red lingery is indeed something we can not imagine a Princess Beatrix would ever, ever have done at her school.

I am not sure what this column adds,

This is what I was asking myself. Is it about the privacy of a 16 year old, or a 16 year old acting out or a discussion about the monarchy and LGBTQ?
Anyway, Alexia is no indicator for anything.
If Amalia had done the same, the scope would be much bigger. But since Prince Harry became the father of all second-in-lines acting out a very long time ago, people will shrug and move on.

Unlike what this lady wrote in her column, the school costs around 45.000€ per year, not 80.000€.

The Spanish press considered it scandalous, and wrote about the fact that there was an LGBT party with people in their underwear, yes. But that is rather ridiculous, given the fact that there is no picture of Leonor at this party, and certainly not in her underwear (nor is that likely to happen - Leonor appearing at a party in her underwear). So this journalist thinks it's good that the Spanish press exploited this non-story to the max: an LGBT party with people in their underwear at Leonor's school, at which Leonor was not pictured.

Given her position as a Princess & second-in-line, I don't think it was a good idea for Alexia to attend a party wearing underwear, even if other people are doing it, and also not to pose for photographs in underwear with her friends.

But as for the privacy question: I do think that there should be greater privacy for the Princesses at their boarding school. Is it really fair to teenage princesses for the media to report on parties at a boarding school? I don't think so. Teenage royals, in my opinion, do deserve a certain measure of privacy and parties at their school should fall into that category.

Honestly, why shouldn't they attend parties like other 16-year-old-girls do and why does the public need to hear about it? Their school should be a safe place, where they can study in peace, but also make friends, socialize and yes, maybe attend some parties.

I think the LGBT issue and wearing underwear are two separate things. It's not like supporting LGBT rights/ attending an LGBT party/ the possibility of an LGBT monarch = wearing underwear at a party/ in public.

I don't see how, in a country in which the Queen has attended LGBT events (I believe) it is controversial for her daughter to be at an LGBT party.

Unlike what this lady wrote in her column, the school costs around 45.000€ per year, not 80.000€.

The Spanish press considered it scandalous, and wrote about the fact that there was an LGBT party with people in their underwear, yes. But that is rather ridiculous, given the fact that there is no picture of Leonor at this party, and certainly not in her underwear (nor is that likely to happen - Leonor appearing at a party in her underwear). So this journalist thinks it's good that the Spanish press exploited this non-story to the max: an LGBT party with people in their underwear at Leonor's school, at which Leonor was not pictured.

Given her position as a Princess & second-in-line, I don't think it was a good idea for Alexia to attend a party wearing underwear, even if other people are doing it, and also not to pose for photographs in underwear with her friends.

But as for the privacy question: I do think that there should be greater privacy for the Princesses at their boarding school. Is it really fair to teenage princesses for the media to report on parties at a boarding school? I don't think so. Teenage royals, in my opinion, do deserve a certain measure of privacy and parties at their school should fall into that category.

Honestly, why shouldn't they attend parties like other 16-year-old-girls do and why does the public need to hear about it? Their school should be a safe place, where they can study in peace, but also make friends, socialize and yes, maybe attend some parties.

I think the LGBT issue and wearing underwear are two separate things. It's not like supporting LGBT rights/ attending an LGBT party/ the possibility of an LGBT monarch = wearing underwear at a party/ in public.

I don't see how, in a country in which the Queen has attended LGBT events (I believe) it is controversial for her daughter to be at an LGBT party.

It once was the Gay and Lesbian community. Queen Máxima once visited the headquarters of the COC in Amsterdam, the world's eldest still functioning gay rights organization. But this "innocent" G&L community has changed quite a lot, becoming the lhbtiq+ community with a heavily political agenda.

And as the columnist wrote: no longer he and she, no longer "women" but "persons with a womb", even in the Netherlands this goes far. My idea is that Daniela Hooghiemstra notes three things:
- what kind of school is that, where pupils are parading through the auditorium, dressed like this?
- from a princess privately tutored by elderly professors to a princess in an apparently no-holds-barred "be yourself, express yourself" school
- from a potential successor learning to hold the perfect middle in between the constitutional and political lines to a potential successor going all-out in a week dominated by a theme which is traditionally leftist-libertarian-hedonistic.

I feel Daniela Hooghiemstra maybe reads too much in all this, but it indeed are three remarkable points.

dominated by a theme ...

Yeah, Alexia at least in one photo was not looking like she was discussing minority rights, but like twerking...

And the boys? Is that the new way of getting into the girls dorm? Pretending one is gender fluid?

This LGBT stuff is out of some reasons en vogue, but should not be overestimated! Teens are teens...

Yeah, Alexia at least in one photo was not looking like she was discussing minority rights, but like twerking...

And the boys? Is that the new way of getting into the girls dorm? Pretending one is gender fluid?

This LGBT stuff is out of some reasons en vogue, but should not be overestimated! Teens are teens...

It was the whole week Queer Week, not only a theme party, and Daniela Hooghiemstra claims the pupils -including the daughter of a King- had to parade in this lingerie, in the Auditorium.

It would be interesting to see if a pupil is actually allowed not to indulge in Queer Week or would they then be sanctioned by "woke" teachers? I agree with the author it goes pretty far. I wonder if Atlantic College also has a week long retraite by priests of Opus Dei as a balance but most likely that would be most "undesireable" for the teachers indeed, which does hint to a certain educational agenda, to be fair.

But okay, Willem-Alexander, Elisabeth, Alexia and Leonor all seem reasonable figures, thanks (or despite) the curriculum of Atlantic College.

Last edited:
When the duchess of brabant attended this same school there was no scandal it was uneventful "boring" almost. And right now in the same school at the same time we do not have any scandal coming from the princess of asturias. Maybe just maybe the scandal comes from the princess herself and not the school or the media fishing for trouble.... alexia caused this issue herself with her choices. Her choice of clothes her choice of friends her choice of parties to attend.ALL HER CHOICES.

When the duchess of brabant attended this same school there was no scandal it was uneventful "boring" almost. And right now in the same school at the same time we do not have any scandal coming from the princess of asturias. Maybe just maybe the scandal comes from the princess herself and not the school or the media fishing for trouble.... alexia caused this issue herself with her choices. Her choice of clothes her choice of friends her choice of parties to attend.ALL HER CHOICES.

It was Queer Focus Week organized by Atlantic College and not by Alexia and "her choice of friends". We do not know what Leonor did during Queer Focus Week as she simply was lucky not to have been caught (yet) by the mobile phone of one of the classmates with the unavoidable publication on the internet.

But apart from that: had Doña Leonor or Princess Alexia been on a Jesuit college, most likely there would not have been a whole week of "Queer Focus", encouraging adolescent boys to dress in lingerie. The comparison made by columnist Daniela Hooghiemstra with the aged professors giving private lessons to princesses to the present situation with princesses having this on their curriculum: most likely it just wants to point the reader how gigantic times have changed. And Mrs Hooghiemstra asked herself if the King would be happy with this and her guess is: yes.

For days it is the best-read article in De Volkskrant by the way, an indication the Dutch want to read a comment about it and to digest it. For so far -if we have to believe polls- most Dutch have the reaction: "Leave the girl alone, let her have fun, we all have been teenagers" while -funny enough- in Spain there were also sounds: "Where was Leonor ????".
:lol:

Last edited:
I have really never ever seen Alexia partying, she is just 16 and not even allowed to drink alcohol. She has the image of being the prettiest of the three princesses but not as a "party princess", it is still a kid at secondary school.

And *sent* to the UWC? How does that relate to the ultra-conformistic strict-within-the-lines Doña Leonor de Borbón? I think Princess Alexia just made a conscious choice to exploit all her abilities at in a challenging environment.
The Tik-Toks and now this image indeed shows that she is a party princess. I have yet to hear of or see similar media reports of Ariane or Amalia. So yes of the 3 she is definitely the "party girl ".

Leonor image has been that of a studious and serious young lady. She's eloquently given speeches in various languages and has taken a very keen interest in her current and future roles. Let's just say it's more believable that Leonor WANTED to go to UWC than Alexia.

I wonder if Alexia will be called back home because of behavior and to finish her studies. I am sorry to say she showed a bit of rebel state in the last years when present at photo shoots either by her facial expression or dress compared to the others, IMO How hard it must be for any one in royal life or even children of ministers or presidents, even actors. Some more then others are in the spot light and it causes so many problems. I wish Alexia the best now and in the future. She is a very pretty young lady.

Break of her education because she joined the rest of the class? IMO that would be absurd. It is a non-issue in the Netherlands.

One look at twitter shows that the much-clicked article that Duc kindly shared with us was much clicked because people were outraged by the author. Not by the behavior of the princess. As far as I could see it they were unsure if the author abused an underage princess to bash the LGBT+ community or if she abused the LGBT+ community to bash an underage princess.

Note that the princess of Asturias probably has security staff around her who make sure that such photos will not be made of her. I doubt it is normal practice for her to skip parts of the school programme and if that would be the case she would have been better served at a conservative / religious school. Not that her parents strike me as particulary conservative people, in fact I would not be surprised if they are more 'modern' than the Dutch reigning couple. The fact that the princess/ her parents picked this college and curriculum shows that they are at ease with what the school has to offer. Ergo, it is likely she attended the same party.

Let's just say it's more believable that Leonor WANTED to go to UWC than Alexia.

In the Dutch press the opposite was said. Alexia was enrolled long in advance. Leonor was enrolled at the last moment. The latter made boulevard journalists wonder why such a hasty step was needed. There were stories in the Spanish press as to why, but I don't think we need to repeat that here.

If Princess Alexia is going through a rebel-stage -and that is a big if- it will be easier for all involved if she does so far away from The Netherlands. But I find it rather problematic that such big and negative labels are put on a 16 year old girl.

Last edited:

Leonor follows in the academic footsteps of her father, she was scheduled to study high school abroad, and then she will study at a Spanish university.

The Spanish Royal Family has a long history with the United World Colleges, its students are received every year by the king and queen. Infante Carlos was the previous president in Spain, and after his death, Alberto Aza (former head of the House of the King) is the president.

United World Colleges follow the educational methods of Kurt Hahn, founder of Salem, the boarding school where Queen Sofia study. Lakefield College, Felipe's Canadian boarding school is part of Round Square, another organization of schools linked to the methods of Kurt Hahn. Sofia, Constantine, the Duke of Edinburgh ... are linked to these schools and have sent their children there.

Finally, the two summers before the pandemic, Leonor and Sofía were sent during the month of July to a camp in the United States, to learn to be independent and to live with children from other countries.

So Leonor went to study high school abroad at a school linked to the educational methods of Kurt Hahn was something totally predictable.

It was a party. Not a compulsory school activity. And I am not sure how many of Leonor's theoretical minders could likely control hundreds of teenagers in a crowded space with devices. Therefore, I am pretty sure Leonor was not there. Even if she was dressed in an ordinary, non-controversial outfit, someone would have likely taken her picture. A minder's job is easier if she simply does not go and court gossip and controversy.

Again, the school likely had similar parties while Elisabeth attended. We knew nothing about them, because she wasn't there.

It's probably equally likely Leonor and Alexia wanted to go to UWC, but the fact Alexia was enrolled in advance does not mean it was nothing at all to do with her conduct of the past few years. Just like Leonor applying later does not mean she was rebelling or running away. I think people should see how at least the next few months go before they make such definite judgments about young, unfamiliar teenagers.

Last edited:
The Tik-Toks and now this image indeed shows that she is a party princess. I have yet to hear of or see similar media reports of Ariane or Amalia. So yes of the 3 she is definitely the "party girl ".

Leonor image has been that of a studious and serious young lady. She's eloquently given speeches in various languages and has taken a very keen interest in her current and future roles. Let's just say it's more believable that Leonor WANTED to go to UWC than Alexia.

Wow, a girl of 15, now 16, is already labelled "party girl" on nothing else than how she appears in photo shoots in The Hague or in Lech (Austria) ?

Her mother described Princess Alexia as "a gifted, talented and strong girl with -I recognize it from myself- the same thrive to explore, to meet new people, to discover new things." That was the reason to start a new adventure in Wales.

By the way: Queen Máxima told the intention is that Princess Alexia will continue her studies in the Netherlands after finishing her baccalaureate in Wales (in appr. one year and a half). So in no way a sort of "exile" or whatever because she would be "rebellious" as was the suggestion in some forums.

Last edited:
In the Dutch press the opposite was said. Alexia was enrolled long in advance. Leonor was enrolled at the last moment. The latter made boulevard journalists wonder why such a hasty step was needed. There were stories in the Spanish press as to why, but I don't think we need to repeat that here.

?? First time I'm hearing of these rumours. The Spanish Royal Household, when they issued the press release announcing the news, explained that Leonor followed the regular selection process of the Spanish chapter of the United World Colleges, which included an anonymous process. The organisation has confirmed this news. It's not possible for her to have enrolled at the last minute, she had to undergo the selection process that included tests, essays and personal interviews.

What I noticed here (and elsewhere, where the topic was discussed) is, once again, a clash of cultures and I would like to point out, that the view of what is okay and what is not heavily depends on where you come from. As I see it, people coming from more conservative countries (e.g. USA), are more outraged over Princess Alexia's clothes and the party itself, while most Europeans are more outraged over the breach of privacy and find the party and choice of dresses perfectly normal. (Of course there are exceptions to every rule, and there are voices on either side, who would more agree with the other, but these truly are the exceptions.)

That reminded me of a picture I once saw and that illustrates the differences quite well, a photo of the same scene - a celebrity had an accident with her dress and had the nipples exposed. Both, the US and the German (in that case) press printed the photo. Just - the USA censored the nipples and left the face exposed, Germany censored the face and left the nipples exposed.

That's why I kinda find discussions like this a bit, well, fruitless, because moral standards are so vastly different all over the world and sometimes even between generations of the same country.

best wishes Michiru

?? First time I'm hearing of these rumours. The Spanish Royal Household, when they issued the press release announcing the news, explained that Leonor followed the regular selection process of the Spanish chapter of the United World Colleges, which included an anonymous process. The organisation has confirmed this news. It's not possible for her to have enrolled at the last minute, she had to undergo the selection process that included tests, essays and personal interviews.

I have no idea how the application process works and only pointed out what was said on the largest Dutch television station by a well-known royalty reporter, who referred to the Spanish press:

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/video/o...lexia-heeft-slechte-invloed-op-prinses-leonor

The Spanish reports as cited by Van der Linden could very well be wrong of course. However, it does underscore the point I was trying to make namely that there is no reason to assume the princess was forced to attend the UWC.

Last edited:
I have no idea how the application process works and only pointed out what was said on the largest Dutch television station by a well-known royalty reporter, who referred to the Spanish press:

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/video/o...lexia-heeft-slechte-invloed-op-prinses-leonor

The Spanish reports as cited by Van der Linden could very well be wrong of course. However, it does underscore the point I was trying to make namely that there is no reason to assume the princess was forced to attend the UWC.

Unfortunely I don't understand Dutch so I can't comment on the video and what it says.

But regarding the selection process, I'm pretty sure it varies from country to country. When Casa Real announced the news, there were lots of press reports, interviews with former students etc.. confirming that the Spanish committee has a rigorous selection process that includes tests, essays and a personal interview (and that most of the process is anonymous).

When Willen Alexander spoke to the press during the summer photo session someone asked about the Wales school, Leonor and Alexia because he said that he had read that Leonor had underwent the selection process anonymously, and that was impressive, leading me to understand that the Dutch process is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Alexia will be called back home because of behavior and to finish her studies. I am sorry to say she showed a bit of rebel state in the last years when present at photo shoots either by her facial expression or dress compared to the others, IMO How hard it must be for any one in royal life or even children of ministers or presidents, even actors. Some more then others are in the spot light and it causes so many problems. I wish Alexia the best now and in the future. She is a very pretty young lady.

I'm in complete disbelief that anyone thinks a couple of fairly innocent pictures of a teenager behaving like a teenager would warrant any punishment other than perhaps a reminder that given her situation, there's a good chance it'll draw public attention once it enters social media – let alone a punishment as disproportionate as public shaming her by "calling her home" after a couple of months. I simply can't believe WA and Máxima would be so backwards to even consider that an option.

I'm in complete disbelief that anyone thinks a couple of fairly innocent pictures of a teenager behaving like a teenager would warrant any punishment other than perhaps a reminder that given her situation, there's a good chance it'll draw public attention once it enters social media – let alone a punishment as disproportionate as public shaming her by "calling her home" after a couple of months. I simply can't believe WA and Máxima would be so backwards to even consider that an option.

The King himself said, in the interview for his 50th birthday, that the princesses will "undoubtedly" make adolescent mistakes but will only learn for it.

His advice for his daughters:
"Leer jezelf kennen, ken je eigen grenzen, ga erover heen, maak fouten en doe dat liefst zo veel mogelijk buiten het oog van het publiek."

(Get to know yourself, know your own limits, go beyond it, make mistakes and -preferably- make these out of the public eye, as much as possible.)

Had the King himself made mistakes?
"Veel."

(A lot)

Which mistakes?
"Ik heb een wildebrassig leven geleid. Feesten, partijen, van alles en nog wat. Het is heel goed om je grenzen op te zoeken en er soms overheen te gaan."

(I've led a sort of wild-ish life. Feasts, parties, anything and everything. It is very good to explore your limits and sometimes go beyond them.)

The King's hope for his daughters:
"Dat zij dezelfde kansen krijgen om het leven, of misschien wel het échte leven, te ontdekken".

(That they will have the same opportunities to discover life, or maybe even: the real life.)

From the interview it became clear that no one understands better than the King that his daughters can afford little sillinesses. And he sees it as a crucial part of their growing-up. Just like resenting your parents. The King apparently needed that to develop. And the King also wants to see that development in his three daughters, if possible.

Last edited:
What is Alexia guilty of?

Well, judging from photos, clips and uploads she is a pretty teen girl, who has realized that she is pretty - and quite likes the attention.
She sometimes use a little too much make-up and she is trying to find her style - and sometimes miss the mark.
She has uploaded videos of herself, dancing and singing (with Christian of the DRF BTW) she has written and commented on fashion (and make-up I believe as well) and style in general.
She likes to hang out with friends and have a fun time.
Being sexy is fun - and interesting...

- I think that general description fits quite a lot of sixteen year old girls, wouldn't you say? ;)

What is she not guilty of?
She has not misbehaved when on the job, I.e. yawning openly or sticking out her tongue at the public and photographers. No rude answers to the public or press from her mouth either.
She is not doing drugs.
She is AFAIK not hanging out with an unfortunate crowd.
Nor has there AFAIK been any rumors of her being dead-drunk in public.
She hasn't dyed her hair green or wear rings through her nostrils.
No photos or rumors of her kissing every boy in sight.
No photos of her being topless or flashing any other parts of her body that the public really shouldn't see.
No tapes of her in intimate situations of various kinds.
No history of bad behavior in school AFAIK.

All there is is basically a group photo of Alexia in lingerie, along with her fellow pupils at a reputable school, that organized that themed party. We must assume the school has a pretty good grip on what their pupils are doing? Especially in the beginning of the first school year.

- I fear Alexia is becoming the victim of a narrative that doesn't exist.
With Amalia as the responsible, sensible and correct older sister, there simply has to be a wild kid-sister - Alexia fits that bill.
Except... Perhaps she really isn't that wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom