The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't like the photo used of Catherine and the line in the article that says, "Catherine is not working, but her sister, Pippa is." To me the article was trying to prove that Pippa was the catch and not Catherine. But we all know that Catherine has the right personality to fit with Prince William.

Why does the press have to do this type of reporting? In another post I mentioned the wrong facts in US rag magazine about this couple.:bang:

Well the fact that Catherine is about to marry the future king has definitely shed more light on the party business but more on her family's. It's unfair for the media to say that they're "cashing in" on it because a lot of businesses right now are- from party things to condoms!

Kate seems suitable and very down to earth to me as well. I don't understand all the hate against her,she seems very sweet. As for her sister I can't stand that permanent smile even when she's ''hiding'' her face from the paps.She gives me the impression of a social climber.

^ i SOOO agree! its that cunning, cat got the cream smile!

Kate seems suitable and very down to earth to me as well. I don't understand all the hate against her,she seems very sweet. As for her sister I can't stand that permanent smile even when she's ''hiding'' her face from the paps.She gives me the impression of a social climber.

I like both Kate and Pippa, and I think Kate is a really good fit for William.
I think both the girls are sweet, although Pippa is by all accounts the more out going one. But I agree she comes across as a social climber. If you read the articles online about her she only dates well connected young men from the aristocracy. In one article it even lists her criteria: title, connections, pile in the shires. Her current bf, Alex Loudon (?) fits the bill to a t.
But with Kate, I don't think she is or was a social climber, IMO her and William is a genuine love match! I hope it works out!:flowers:

Pippa has a reel tan because she was in the Carabean on February with her family. Kate didnt attend of course. They holiday where they used to go in august and not at the ski resort in France as usual at this period. They'll be harassed by the press if they were at their usual winter sports holiday. It is therefore a real tan, but the Daily Mail and the people who leave messages like to have wickedness at their expense and without asking any question to decide that this is a fake tan. It allows them to say mean things to good account.

That's what I think too!

And it isn't Kate who's ever been categorized as tacky, or as taking advantage of the royal connection; that's something that has been applied to her mother, sister, and brother.

Pippa has been said to cultivate the right people; the impression she gives is that she's having the princess perks without the responsibilities. Each boyfriend she gets appears to be richer and better-connected than the previous one.

James is rumored to actively court the paparazzi; has been photographed in any number of attention-grabbing poses, and finds it frustrating when the press wants to talk about his sister rather than himself.

Poor Catherine will have to overcome a few handicaps as far as her family is concerned.:sad:

The thing with marrying a royal is always the same thing. Your a social climber, etc. They said it with Mette Marit, Mary, Daniel, etc, etc. You can't win either way. And the British Press is know to be more ruthless. So her sister dated well off guys, so Kate wasn't a CEO at 21, really? Other than being the daughter of an Earl, Diana didn't have much to offer. She was looking for a well off husband too. It's easy to say everyone has an alternative agenda. But William and Kate have been together for so long, they would have broken up is anyone had alterior motives.

It is therefore a real tan, but the Daily Mail and the people who leave messages like to have wickedness at their expense and without asking any question to decide that this is a fake tan. It allows them to say mean things to good account.

I did not try to say a mean thing about Pippa's tan.

I do not like tans because tanning ages you and most important can cause skin cancer. I am glad she got a natural tan if she tans.:flowers:

Last edited:
georgiea said:
I did not try to say a mean thing about Pippa's tan.

I do not like tans because tanning ages you and most important can cause skin cancer. I am glad she got a natural tan if she tans.:flowers:

All tanning can cause skin cancer, whether real (as in sun) or fake and bake (tanning booth) - only safe tan is fake (lotions,cream)

That's what I think too!

And it isn't Kate who's ever been categorized as tacky, or as taking advantage of the royal connection; that's something that has been applied to her mother, sister, and brother.

Pippa has been said to cultivate the right people; the impression she gives is that she's having the princess perks without the responsibilities. Each boyfriend she gets appears to be richer and better-connected than the previous one.

James is rumored to actively court the paparazzi; has been photographed in any number of attention-grabbing poses, and finds it frustrating when the press wants to talk about his sister rather than himself.

Poor Catherine will have to overcome a few handicaps as far as her family is concerned.:sad:

How does James court the paparazzi. The only press I have seen of him is the Hello article about the cakes. Other than that, he has been relatively low key.

Do you have examples?

Out of the Middleton trio I think James has been the most low key.
There were those pictures of him in a maid's uniform, but that wasn't courting the press, that was more like a mini scandal.
It was their uncle who did the most damage and outright courted the press with that horrid interview.

How does James court the paparazzi. The only press I have seen of him is the Hello article about the cakes. Other than that, he has been relatively low key.

Do you have examples?

According to Andersen's book William and Kate, James is always quick to talk with the press, but Carole is quoted as saying it's frustrating for him, because he has so many projects he wants to talk about.
But no one wants to hear about that.

(It claims he's been photographed drunk several times, which proved embarrassing for Kate. But I don't know how reliable Andersen's book is).

According to Andersen's book William and Kate, James is always quick to talk with the press, but Carole is quoted as saying it's frustrating for him, because he has so many projects he wants to talk about.
But no one wants to hear about that.

(It claims he's been photographed drunk several times, which proved embarrassing for Kate. But I don't know how reliable Andersen's book is).

How much can we believe from an unauthorized book...I think we would need a better source to be sure that this is true...

we know that he has been photographed drunk and dressed up for parties we have seen the photos...but that does not mean he is courting the press it means the press is seeking out pictures of kate's borther to sell magazines.... In my opinion of course..

Last edited:
I have to agree with Lady Ann on this one.

In another thread, the Andersen book is referenced to point out that William has no contact with the Spencers...but he has attended Laura's Wedding..and has met with his aunt Sarah for an engagement.

So with that said....I don't recall a lot of press or pics of James hanging out...seeking the paparazzi.

A royal love nest for the Middletons? - Telegraph

A royal love nest for the Middletons?
A haunted 14th-century manor house where Prince Charles courted Diana and conducted his affair with Camilla would make a strange home for Kate’s parents, says Cassandra Jardine

If no one purchased or lived in a house because the history of previous occupants...we would be tearing down and building new houses every day.

The question is...do they like the house...does it fit their needs as "empty-nesters" but takes into account future grandchildren coming to visit, does it work with their business (does their business still work out of a farm house on their current property), and can they afford it.

And really is it any of our business regarding the answers to any of these questions?

If no one purchased or lived in a house because the history of previous occupants...we would be tearing down and building new houses every day.

The question is...do they like the house...does it fit their needs as "empty-nesters" but takes into account future grandchildren coming to visit, does it work with their business (does their business still work out of a farm house on their current property), and can they afford it.

And really is it any of our business regarding the answers to any of these questions?

I agree, it is for the Middleton's to decide whether they want to buy the house or not. My only point is that it would be funny to see Bolehyde re-emerge on the periphery of the Wales' household.

That would be interesting to say the least.

Of course the DM commentsin a similar article are rather rude and vulgar. You have people asking how the Middletons made their fortune. Unless they have done something illegal (which is something I have never heard) it isnt' anyone's business but a potential business student who might want to model their business plan after it.

That would be interesting to say the least.

Of course the DM commentsin a similar article are rather rude and vulgar. You have people asking how the Middletons made their fortune. Unless they have done something illegal (which is something I have never heard) it isnt' anyone's business but a potential business student who might want to model their business plan after it.

DM comments are really sad, I found. I wonder how perfect those people must be, criticizing the couple who have made their own fortune. Isn't that what they so often criticize the BRF for, living of taxes?
Unfortunately the Middletons will have to endure that scrutiny for the rest of their lives.

It is rather sad. I found this one very disturbing...it went something like this.

Thank you Daily Mail for bringing attention to their finances. How did they manage to become millionaires with a party business.

Basically the writer thinks that the Middleton's did some underhanded and illegal things to make their fortune. Rather sad. Like I have said in the past...the DM can't seem to make up their minds who they hate...certain royals, the well connected, those who have had money for generations or those who are the new rich.

The month in the run-up to a daughter’s wedding is a nerve-shatterer for any mother of the bride. She must prepare to hand over her beloved daughter in a ceremony that will be mentally marked out of ten by all the guests for its style, its smoothness and its all-round social finesse. Plus, said mother of bride will want to look her best herself.
So pity Carole Middleton, for whom the whole fraught process has been magnified by a factor of 1,900 guests, relentless media attention and an estimated 2.5  billion people worldwide watching on television.

Read more: Queen of the home counties: Suddenly everyone wants to be friends with Carole Middleton... but is the pressure starting to tell? | Mail Online

---------------

The DM definitely has it out for the Middleton's. Hopefully after the wedding, some of the interest in the Middleton family will die down....but i don't think it will.

The month in the run-up to a daughter’s wedding is a nerve-shatterer for any mother of the bride. She must prepare to hand over her beloved daughter in a ceremony that will be mentally marked out of ten by all the guests for its style, its smoothness and its all-round social finesse. Plus, said mother of bride will want to look her best herself.
So pity Carole Middleton, for whom the whole fraught process has been magnified by a factor of 1,900 guests, relentless media attention and an estimated 2.5  billion people worldwide watching on television.

Read more: Queen of the home counties: Suddenly everyone wants to be friends with Carole Middleton... but is the pressure starting to tell? | Mail Online

---------------

The DM definitely has it out for the Middleton's. Hopefully after the wedding, some of the interest in the Middleton family will die down....but i don't think it will.

One thing for the positive on this is that Carole from her training would be good at handling people. Its interesting to think that should the time line go one way.. she will one day be the mother of the Queen Consort. I don't see the Middleton's being phased by any of this and will probably go on with life as they normally do. Their daughter just happens to be married to the heir to the heir. They'll still just be the "kids". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom