The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what is the job of her sister and if she attended college?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry - is your question asking whether the sister went to college, and what the sister's job is? Or is it 2 questions, what does the sister do and where did Katherine Middleton go to college?

^^
I'm sorry if I didn't explained myself well, I was asking if her sister (Pippa?) went to college and if she has a job

I don't know if or what college she attended, but I understand Pippa works as an events coordinator for parties.

I don't know if or what college she attended, but I understand Pippa works as an events coordinator for parties.

Pippa is running the Party Times website for Party Pieces. I subscribe to the newsletter and it was sent over her signature just last week.

Here's a link to the Party Times, which I think is quite well done:
The Party Times

She may still be doing party planning, as well. :flowers:

I was asking if her sister (Pippa?) went to college...
All three Middleton children went to Marlborough College; Pippa is said to have attended the University of Edinburgh (this last from Wiki).

ed to add.. this MailOnline article of 27 May 2007 states "Pippa has just graduated in English from Edinburgh University" and "James, who's also at Edinburgh..."

To finish off, also from the MailOnline of 19 July 2009: "He [James] dropped out of Edinburgh University to start his own business, the Cake Kit Company, two years ago. Explaining his decision, James said he just didn't feel comfortable wasting his life in a classroom and wanted to try his hand at entrepreneurship."

Last edited:
Wasn't it James who attended Edinburgh?

Thank you all for the information, so the two girls work for the family business

Kate's family imo are middleclass to uppermiddleclass, they seem to do quite well ,but she's definately not what I would call an heiress.
the Middleton family business, running a mail-order children’s party toys company, leaves them somewhat removed from the House of Windsor.
So who should William woo? - The Scotsman

I was wondering about that. I know Chelsy's an heiress, but I wasn't sure how wealthy Kate was.

An "heiress" generally means the only child (unless the father is a billionaire as is the case with the three Miller sisters).
Kate Middleton has a brother and sister, Chelsy Davy has a brother.

An "heiress" generally means the only child (unless the father is a billionaire as is the case with the three Miller sisters).
Kate Middleton has a brother and sister, Chelsy Davy has a brother.

In my opinion, what you say of the usage of the word heiress is more true of the old days. I think it's appropriate to use it for any woman who inherits a fortune that sets her up for life. For instance, Patty Hearst and Paris Hilton are always referred to as heiresses, even though they have siblings.

I don't think Kate's exactly an heiress, even though we don't know since her parents haven't publicly broadcasted their finances. It looks like they have a large income and some nice real estate, but my guess is Kate will have to earn or marry money if she wants to live the way her parents do.

Hey -- anyone know where Kate Middleton hangs out because I could have sworn I just saw her having lunch at a pub -- hiding in the corner behind her friends. It was in Kensington -- the pub on St Albans Grove.

How would we know where she hangs out may I ask?
Pub Lunch I imagine if it was her.

Hey -- anyone know where Kate Middleton hangs out because I could have sworn I just saw her having lunch at a pub -- hiding in the corner behind her friends. It was in Kensington -- the pub on St Albans Grove.

Did you get a good look at her? If you think it's her then chances are it probably is her. Just because she's in the media doesn't mean she doesn't frequent restaurants and pubs:flowers:.

Did you get a good look at her? If you think it's her then chances are it probably is her. Just because she's in the media doesn't mean she doesn't frequent restaurants and pubs:flowers:.
Well it's the wealthiest section of London and down the street from Kensington Palace -- she was hiding in the corner trying to shield herself -- she didn't look too happy. I should have went back and looked, but thought it might look rude and honestly I don't care for her so I would probably end up saying something stupid under my breath and get into a fight with her buddies. :bang: Not good to get into it with drunk people. Does she not have a job still? What exactly does she do all day long?!

LoL:lol:. No that would not be a good idea to get in a shuffle with drunk people. It very well could've been her, especially if you say she was hiding. I was at Pinkberry the other day and bumped into Paris Hilton. Honestly, I felt like telling her a thing or two myself. But one has to restrain themselves:lol:.

Kate's parents own a party planning company. I think she works for them. But sometimes working for your parents isn't exactly working..... If you know what I mean;). Plus being William's girlfriend is a 9 to 5 job:D. Correct me if anyone has more info.

Well she was "apparently" sighted at lunchtime. How about as i said, that she was having a pub lunch. She works for her parents and she seemingly works quite hard.

She works for her parents and she seemingly works quite hard.

Yes, when you work in graphics/photography you have deadlines. I worked in that field for 25 years. Most of the time it is detailed, hectic work. I think Ms Middleton is used all over her parent's company as it a jack of all trades.:flowers:

Oh I don't know about that. A business can succeed or fail depending on how the next generation takes care of it. So I'd guess that most people working for their parents work very, very hard.

I think she works for them. But sometimes working for your parents isn't exactly working..... If you know what I mean;). .

Let's not forget, no one really knows how often or how hard she really works. But I do hope she pulls her weight.

Oh I don't know about that. A business can succeed or fail depending on how the next generation takes care of it. So I'd guess that most people working for their parents work very, very hard.

A lot of family business fail because of the next generation. Party Pieces has seemed to expand from just children party stuff to much more. I think I see the siblings bring in ideas for the company to expand in this recession from their education in marketing and art:);):).

Well said, georgiea! I think you hit the nail right on the head...

A lot of family business fail because of the next generation. Party Pieces has seemed to expand from just children party stuff to much more. I think I see the siblings bring in ideas for the company to expand in this recession from their education in marketing and art:);):).

And a lot succeed and continue to flourish, or even grow, in the second and subsequent generations because the first generation has been able to sell the business concept and work ethic needed to their offspring and ensure that their education is appropriate for exactly that purpose.

I agree that the next generation has to be in the know to uphold their company. But there are "kids" out there who could care less about their parents company and would rather do their own thing. I know people like that who let their parents do the work now with the intention of picking it up later. If indeed Kate is a hardworker, like some of you think she is, then I say hats off to her!

What will happen with PArty Pieces when (for I consider it now a certainty) Kate is officially engaged to be Princess William of Wales? Will the media go on attack against the Middletons and Party Pieces because of the royal connection? Will they say the Middletons have a conflict of interest in the business? I can already imagine headlines accusing Michael and Carole Middleton of "using" their connections, etc. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom