The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William as President today attends the Football Association's
Respect and Fair Play Awards and the Cup Final Match between
Chelsea and Portsmouth at the Wembley Stadium - May 15, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

William is President of the FA Cup right??? And thanks for the pictures! They are great! I forgot that the FA Cup was on today and now I am going to have to record it when FSC replays it again so that I can see if I can see William :)!

Last edited:
William is the president of England’s Football Association governing body :flowers:

Here are some more pics focussing on the second event, the Football
Association (FA) Respect and Fair Play Awards, that also took place
at the Wembley Stadium.

** Prince William at Wembley Stadium **

Thanks Iceflower. I think these Respect and Fair Play Awards are a good idea! ;)

Lovely pics, although there aren't that many of William.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uad-words-encouragement-5-600-miles-away.html

England’s World Cup team has received the Royal seal of approval from Prince William, who chatted to the squad in South Africa via a video link – and told them they had what it takes to win the tournament.
Prince William talked with the players for 15 minutes just hours after they received the devastating news that a knee injury had ruled captain Rio Ferdinand out of the competition, which starts on Friday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uad-words-encouragement-5-600-miles-away.html

I think it's wonderful that he's spearheading this project. :clap:

Wow thats a lot of football pitches.

Wow thats a lot of football pitches.

Fortunately for those not interested in football (by which I assume you mean soccer as football to me is a range of games including
Rugby, Rugby League and Australian Rules) there are other things listed as well such as playgrounds for children.

This area has been a passion of Philip's for well over 60 years and I notice that they made a comment at the end that the 30 year old Philip is remarkably similar in appearance to William (something I have been saying for years - I have always seen Philip as the dominant look in William).

Yes I meant what you would call Soccer, the article also mentions William following in the footsteps of his great great grandfather, who set up the first national playing field scheme.

^^
Poor lads! They look so dismayed.

^^
Poor lads! They look so dismayed.

They should have gone to watch the rugby in Sydney instead (England 21 Australia 20) - more points and an England win to boot.

:previous: That's a nice video they put together.

"Please play on the grass." That's a wonderful note to end off on.:) I think that this is a great way for Prince William to ensure that the Queen is remembered by coming generations, and it's also a perfect way to encourage good health through physical activity. Good for the environment as well.:flowers:

Here's a nice video from the Royal website about William supporting the Fields of Trust project:
The Prince of Wales - VIDEO - Prince William launches Fields in Trust Diamond Jubilee Tribute to The Queen

William is in prestiguous company. Kudos to him. :clap:

William is in prestiguous company. Kudos to him. :clap:
Yes he certainly is. I think it's a real compliment that they've asked William to participate in this bid.
They apparently feel he has some influence.

England 2018's bid ambassador David Beckham, Prince William and British Prime
Minister David Cameron met in Hotel Steigenberger in Zurich November 30,
2010, ahead of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup Host announcement.
England, Russia, Spain/Portugal and Belgium/Netherlands are bidding for 2018
with United States, Japan, Australia, South Korea and Qatar the candidates
for 2022.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom