Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curryong, I agree re Norman Baker. His criticism is usually based on the financial aspects of the monarchy. He doesn't stoop to the personal insults and such.

My final thoughts on "Harry & Meghan" -- The level of anger and resentment that they displayed does not seem like it will dissipate any time soon. I hope they can overcome their unhappiness without further damaging their relatives.

It is hard for me to blame Mr. Clarkson for what he wrote when these two are gunning for what I understand most British people consider the essence of their national identity.

As soon as the story came out the Sussexes released their revamped website where they announced that they were seeking to “carve out a progressive new role" within the monarchy. That website had considerable content and I am willing to bet that there were numerous people who were aware who worked directly and/or were contracted by the Sussexes.

Came to post the same - the announcement was followed by a pretty detailed website full of info, no way that could be put together in hours. Clearly they had told someone / some people about their plans - the website designers, Sunshine Sachs likely, friends probably. The notion leaks only come from the RF side is ridiculous and if H&M can't see that then they are going to really struggle. They can't say they only told Charles but then produce a detailed plan and website instantly.

Came to post the same - the announcement was followed by a pretty detailed website full of info, no way that could be put together in hours. Clearly they had told someone / some people about their plans - the website designers, Sunshine Sachs likely, friends probably. The notion leaks only come from the RF side is ridiculous and if H&M can't see that then they are going to really struggle. They can't say they only told Charles but then produce a detailed plan and website instantly.

Except that the Queen herself stated at around the time the Sussexes left that it was known that the Sussexes had been unhappy throughout the summer. It is possible that the website data was mapped out during those weeks, and so Charles asked for a formal plan in writing. The oral discussions may well have not been reported by anyone outside the Sussexes, Charles and William at that time but the email was physical proof that could be given to a chosen media outlet, probably the Sun.

Except that the Queen herself stated at around the time the Sussexes left that it was known that the Sussexes had been unhappy throughout the summer. It is possible that the website data was mapped out during those weeks, and so Charles asked for a formal plan in writing. The oral discussions may well have not been reported by anyone outside the Sussexes, Charles and William at that time but the email was physical proof that could be given to a chosen media outlet, probably the Sun.

The copy for the website was also physical proof, yes? And probably known to their American team of copy writers, website designers, and public relations staff?

Unless we believe they created it entirely by themselves which seems highly unlikely.

Those reports were far more likely imo to have come from a British source close to London than from anybody across the Atlantic who would have been more inclined to give information to their own media.

Those reports were far more likely imo to have come from a British source close to London than from anybody across the Atlantic who would have been more inclined to give information to their own media.

I think that’s a matter of opinion. We’re into the realm of speculation, which means I’d rather not turn it into a giant debate, but I’ve always thought that leak was strategic and advised by an American PR professional as a way to present the half in half out plan as fait accompli.

If the Sussexes think like that, that they're safe from negative story in British media now that they're across the Atlantic hence no British sources to leaks, they're in for rude awakening.
I mean, if I happen to be have a photo proof of Christian having an orgy in Guam, I'd certainly send it to Danish media, not Japanese media. With the internet, it's easy to find the information of who/where I need to contact. (Didn't the Sun put an ad on how to contact them for any news under almost all of their online article?)

I've only seen the first three episodes of the documentary, but it does paint a scary picture of the British press. One of the main arguments I see about the lack of response in regards to the abuse that HRH The Duchess of Sussex received is that every royal bride goes through it (HRH The Duke of Sussex even said that a family member told him exactly that). Well, my response to that is why is that acceptable treatment for any woman marrying into the British Royal Family? It wasn't right when it happened to HM The Queen Consort. It wasn't right when it happened to Diana, Princess of Wales. It wasn't right when it happened to Sarah, Duchess of York. It wasn't right when it happened to HRH The Countess of Wessex. It wasn't right when it happened to HRH The Princess of Wales. And It's wasn't right that it happened to HRH The Duchess of Sussex. Choosing to endure it until the British press found another target may have been the best course of action for all of the former, but I certainly do not begrudge HRH The Duchess of Sussex choosing to remove herself from their access instead. I worry for any romantic partner the Wales children get when their older.

I don't think anyone is saying that it is right. The issue is what was royal family supposed to do about it? They aren't the mafia and there is freedom of the press. The royal family has taken the position that responding to all these stories just pours gasoline on the fire. Harry and Meghan have been responding to these stories since they left and I don't think it is working any better than the royal family's approach.

I have no problem with Harry and Meghan deciding to step back. I do have a problem with them blaming the royal family for the bad media coverage Meghan received. As even Meghan acknowledged, she got glowing coverage. Apparently, they blame William for the change in coverage but I think it is just as likely that the coverage turned as more information about Meghan's behavior with her staff became apparent. Valentine Low describes seeing Meghan snap at a female aide and has never been sued, so it must be true.

Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom