Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarkson is facing such condemnation in the UK and abroad, that it really isn't necessary for the BRF to become involved. They rarely step in to these types of negative articles because either there is such universal disapproval or the individual's employer takes action. For example former BBC Danny Baker was fired by the company after posting that awful cartoon of then Baby Sussex prior to his birth.

Also it is worth noting that the Sussexes have their own communications team much like they did when they were still part of the working BRF group. We all know that the couple are perfectly capable of voicing their disapproval and would not hesitate to seek legal action if necessary.

Clarkson's comments were appalling and it is just right that he should be sanctioned for what he said.

It would all be reactionary because really nothing they say matters. There’s no proof and nothing will stick. The journalist that leaked the Megsxit story denies it came from Charles. Anyone could understand a family shouting at you over the whole thing at the Sandringham summit.

Hm…maybe that guy is lying. Maybe it didn’t come directly from Charles, but through an intermediary.

That's 2 different issues. But to answer the first, The Royal Family doesn't report on private conversations with Harry and Meghan, so those two would have every expectation of privacy.

But apparently, they DO find ways to leak private e-mail to the press.

Clarkson is facing such condemnation in the UK and abroad, that it really isn't necessary for the BRF to become involved. They rarely step in to these types of negative articles because either there is such universal disapproval or the individual's employer takes action. For example former BBC Danny Baker was fired by the company after posting that awful cartoon of then Baby Sussex prior to his birth.

Also it is worth noting that the Sussexes have their own communications team much like they did when they were still part of the working BRF group. We all know that the couple are perfectly capable of voicing their disapproval and would not hesitate to seek legal action if necessary.

They did intervene when an unfavorable article about Kate was published.

The only people who did interfere were KP(Kensington Palace) not BP(Buckingham Palace) and the article wasn’t just about Kate but also nasty things written about her family (parents) who aren’t royals. Plus that was only one time that an article about Kate was denounced, from the 10years that she had been dating William, BP and CH (Clarence House) never responded to any of the numerous nasty articles written about her-ones talking about her weight, calling her and her mother social climbers, reporters calling her slag, w****, b****, reporters harassing her outside her apartment, articles basically her a disgrace to women for waiting for a ring and proposal and making fun of her brother’s failed business ventures and the now recent silly rumors about William cheating on her with Rose Hanbury. Right now the Sussexes have their own PR people and media team who can respond so that’s their business.

But apparently, they DO find ways to leak private e-mail to the press.
Who leaked private emails? Please provide proof or evidence, if you don’t have any that’s just hearsay. I don’t see the Palace leaking such a thing to the press.

No, you've been misinformed as the Queen and Prince of Wales did not intervene regarding Tatler's "Kate the Great article. All of the communication was issued from Kensington Palace and the communication team for the then Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Here's an article addressing the article and KP's reaction to it.

https://observer.com/2020/09/kate-middleton-tatler-profile-story-edited-kensington-palace/

Tatler Finally Edited Its Controversial Profile of Kate Middleton

Kensington Palace sent the publication letters threatening legal action.

Last edited:
However there were countless articles comparing the two Duchesses in many tabloids, with Kate being always favourably viewed, holding pregnancy bumps, murder and avocados etc, and that was shown in the Netflix documentary.

When did this happen .

Harry said in the documentary that his father insisted he put their requests in writing. Harry objected, saying it would be leaked. Charles apparently insisted again, and Harry complied. Then this private communication was reported in the media.

However there were countless articles comparing the two Duchesses in many tabloids, with Kate being always favourably viewed, holding pregnancy bumps, murder and avocados etc, and that was shown in the Netflix documentary.

I do not think anybody is disputing that, we all read them. But Kate didn't write them

Who leaked private emails? Please provide proof or evidence, if you don’t have any that’s just hearsay. I don’t see the Palace leaking such a thing to the press.

Not even the courtiers? Because somebody leaked the story and not that many people knew about the communication.

For accuracy it was William who stepped in, not the palace.

Harry could have done the same

And probably tried to, but was advised against it as ‘feeding the beast’, ie the hundreds of unfavourable tabloid articles about Meghan that kept flooding out week after week.

Harry said in the documentary that his father insisted he put their requests in writing. Harry objected, saying it would be leaked. Charles apparently insisted again, and Harry complied. Then this private communication was reported in the media.

Do you have any evidence that Charles released this?

Hm…maybe that guy is lying. Maybe it didn’t come directly from Charles, but through an intermediary.

Well he has always maintained that he got the ‘tip’ that December - this was said at the time, and he was working on it for a few weeks. Harry’s email would have it happen like early January when he sent email to Charles. So I believe him, this has always been his timeline and the one Harry gave doesn’t match it.

And probably tried to, but was advised against it as ‘feeding the beast’, ie the hundreds of unfavourable tabloid articles that kept flooding out week after week.

Do you know that he tried, why did he not just do it.

I am not saying for one minute it was an easy time, but you are saying yourself he probably tried to in other words you do not know.

I do not think anybody is disputing that, we all read them. But Kate didn't write them

No one said she did. The BM did and apparently none of the royal powers that be saw any reason to do anything about it.

Not even the courtiers? Because somebody leaked the story and not that many people knew about the communication.

How can you possibly know how many people had access to the information, it could have been Harry or Meghan. I do not know and you do not know.

No, and Meghan didn’t write the Tatler article either. However, I think it’s blindingly obvious that practically from the beginning Meghan was treated differently and the Press were not only taking sides but encouraging the British public to do so as well.

Well he has always maintained that he got the ‘tip’ that December - this was said at the time, and he was working on it for a few weeks. Harry’s email would have it happen like early January when he sent email to Charles. So I believe him, this has always been his timeline and the one Harry gave doesn’t match it.

Who do you think would have given him the tip?

No one said she did. The BM did and apparently none of the royal powers that be saw any reason to do anything about it.

Sorry but what is BM?

I am not sure what you wanted them to do, put out a statement saying stop comparing the two duchesses.

It was silly trivial stuff, not worth even reading,

No, and Meghan didn’t write the Tatler article either. However, I think it’s blindingly obvious that practically from the beginning Meghan was treated differently and the Press were not only taking sides but encouraging the British public to do so as well.

Exactly. Meghan was the wife of the fifth? in line and so it wasn’t all that important to the powers that be to defend her, when that unfavorable attention might be turned to the more senior members of the family.

Agreed. This is a common tabloid tactic that has gone on for centuries by comparing one royal to another and from what I've noticed, it happens to nearly every single royal on the planet.

Diana was compared to Sarah. Andrew was compared to Charles. Frederik was compared to Joachim. Phillipe was compared to Laurent. Letizia was compared to Cristina. Mary was compared to Marie and Alexandra. Etc.. etc...
Its' not pleasant but it's nearly impossible to stop negative articles. Push back rarely has worked in these cases, in fact it tends to send the publications into overdrive.

Sorry but what is BM?

I am not sure what you wanted them to do, put out a statement saying stop comparing the two duchesses.

It was silly trivial stuff, not worth even reading,

British media.

They could impress on the BM that a couple supporting the Queen’s work should be treated with more respect.

BM is I believe British media. Not all of it was trivial. The bridesmaids dress fittings the ‘making Kate cry’ thing when nobody from the Press was present but reporters took inferences of what happened from Palace onlookers etc (or made it up.) And reading stories like that did change people’s perceptions of Meghan.

British media.

They could impress on the BM that a couple supporting the Queen’s work should be treated with more respect.

You do not feed the beast. Because it would have been another excuse to write another story then look for something juicier to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom