The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 2: January 2006-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently updating my Royal family list and was wondering if we ever learned the full name and birthdate of Rufus Gilman, the grandson of the Duke and Duchess?

Thanks in advance.

:previous:

I don't think we ever got to know the full name or the exact date of birth, here you can find the extra thread:

** The Gloucester Girls: Lady Davina Lewis & Lady Rose Gilman and Families **

Yesterday, July 16, the Duke and Duches of Gloucester attended several events in Gloucestershire:

** thisisgloucestershire.co.uk: Duchess of Gloucester celebrates 15 years hard work at St James City Farm **

** thisisgloucestershire.co.uk: Duchess of Gloucester visits Butterfly Garden project to help disadvantaged in Cheltenham **

** gloucestercitizen.co.uk: Duke and Duchess of Gloucester visit City Farm and St Michael's Tower **

Today, July 17, the Duke of Gloucester has been in Peterborough:

** peterboroughtoday.co.uk: Video: Duke of Gloucester visits Eastrea **

Yesterday, July 23, the Duchess of Gloucester was expected to visit Haven House Children's Hospice in Woodford Green, Essex, but decided to cancel her visit as the Duke of Gloucester is ill:

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of Gloucester has been taken temporarily unwell and in view of the situation The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester have been advised to cancel their engagements today (..)

** ilfordrecorder.co.uk: Duchess of Gloucester cancels visit to Woodford Green hospice after husband ‘taken temporarily unwell’ **

Hopefully he gets well soon!

I'm glad that the Duke is well enough to resume his duties and to travel.

The Duchess of Gloucester as Royal Colonel of 7th Battalion The Rifles visited the Regiment at Sennybridge Camp, near Brecon, Powys on July 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Gloucester has been on a three-day visit to Croatia. He met senior government and armed forces personnel and visited the Croatian Conservation Institute.

In his role as Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Anglian Regiment he visited soldiers of 3rd Battalion and of the Croatian Army on Exercise Salva Star at Slunj Training Area on September 2, 2013 - here are some pics of that visit:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** morh.hr: Vojvoda od Gloucestera u posjetu VP "Eugen Kvaternik" Slunj ** translation **

What a lovely woman and surely it wasn't coincidence that she wore the same color as the school uniforms.

I really admire this couple; they're low-key but diligent in their appearances and just seem so kind and approachable. Thanks for your coverage, Iceflower.

It's always a pleasure, Baroness of Books :flowers:

Here's another nice gallery of the Duchess' visit to Reigate on September 10:

** getsurrey.co.uk: Royal visit and presentation kicks off start of new term **

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the requiem mass for Hugh van Cutsem at Brentwood Cathedral on September 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And since yesterday, September 14, the Duchess of Gloucester as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association attends the Davis Cup in Umag, Croatia - here are some small pics of her framework programme:

** Umag: Britanska vojvotkinja Birgitte posjetila Grožnjan i vinariju Kabola **

I really admire this couple; they're low-key but diligent in their appearances and just seem so kind and approachable. Thanks for your coverage, Iceflower.

That's what I like about them as well. No fuss. They do their duties and then go home: )

The Duchess of Gloucester attended the blessing and dedication of the new Diamond Jubilee garden at St Paul's Church in Covent Garden on September 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I love the Gloucester's. They quietly go about their work knowing that it wont receive a lot of press attention. They are doing it because they enjoy meeting/helping people. That makes them so lovely.

I looked at the lovely pictures including the one where the Duke is said to look sick, and a poster wonders if he might have excema. There are many reasons why a person's face can look red. I am not sure what excema looks like but if it causes reddish skin it is not the only possible cause. I am also a fan of this couple, such gracious people.

Thanks Iceflower. I know sometimes I tend to forget how much these visits can mean to volunteers and staff.

Yesterday, November 27, the Duchess of Gloucester attended the "The House of Lords vs House of Commons Speedo Charity Swim" event at Porchester Hall in London. The event was in aid of the Hope For Youth charity (Northern Ireland) the Duchess is Chief Patron of.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom