The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Agreed! I just wish she hadn't had the straps removed as it throws the "balance" of the dress off a little.

She looks stunning, like a goddess. But I also would have preferred the dress with straps.

I think Meghan looks spectacular here; hair, makeup, skin, everything. And that gown is stunning. The gold really suits her. Plus, btw, the DM in their article on Meghan appearing at this award evening upped the total cost of her clothing etc by including a Cartier bracelet that is a Meghan favourite once worn by Diana.

The dress really suits her shape , there have been times that her choice has not always shown her figure off to an advantage.

The dress really suits her shape , there have been times that her choice has not always shown her figure off to an advantage.

Yes, I agree. The cut of this dress is perfect for her shape. She should never try to emphasize her waist. This outfit accents the color and material design used not so much a shape and is tailored extremely well. JMO

A lovely picture of the Harry, Meghan and her mom! I really like Meghan’s gold dress.

Not so keen on this one. I prefer colours not mono or wide stripes. However, it’s casual enough for a hot Californian evening out with husband. (..)

Last edited:
(..)
I like her dress is summery and cool, as I imagine is the style in California.
I like than Meghan breaks the stereotype of the petite woman married to a very tall man ... and sometimes wears fully flat shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 -

This dress is too long IMO especially for a knit. It looks as if she's going to have difficulty walking in this dress.

Agreed. It is too long. The stripes do nothing for her imo either.

Another poster said it looked like she’s wearing a beach towel. IA with that too.

Over-all, it’s an unflattering dress.

I think it's the length that's the problem. If it were knee length or just below I think I'd like it quite a bit. As it is, in photos it almost looks as though she is having trouble walking.

Yes, I agree it’s a little too long, but I think it’s a good look for this type of event. Love the bling purse!

Off topic comments and replies to them have been removed.

Meghan's gown remembers that black and white strips which Crown Princess Victoria wore in 2010, during Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday celebrations

Meghan herself looks nice, but I don't care for the dress. I agree with those who have said it resembles a beach towel and it does look too long and narrow at the hemline to be able to walk easily.

Wow, i love the dress and i am a bit envious for her wearing it so well :flowers:

i do get what some posters say about it being too long for going out to a restauranf and yeah, maybe just a few inches shorter would have been even better..
but i think she can pull it off

I am just jealous that I cannot get into the dress in the first place, but I must agree it doesn't appear to sit well at the bottom half.

In my opinion the dress looks like a beach towel and definitely doesn't look well on someone with Meghan's body type.

If you go to the shop's page it shows sold-out (before Meghan wore it) will be available again as from October. 92% Viscose and 8% elasthane. Maybe this 8% gives the capacity to walk notmally without falling. I doubt she had to walk a lot with.
They also show a model wearing it and walking. It seemed with better fit. Is strange because Meghan has also regular body (not curvy around the pelvis) Maybe she choose wrong size. Screenshot_20230805_120829_Instagram.jpg

I don't think Meghan has a stylist or she doesn't listen to the stylist. The red dress she wore to the Military event was a disaster she had the dress altered to her own taste, I saw a photo of what it was supposed to look like and it was sleek and gorgeous on a certain body type. The white gown also emphasized her broad shoulders as did the red gown. She lost a lot of weight when she wore the gold gown, wide straps would definitely have helped give the dress substance. The black and white dress greatly differed from the one COV wore to Margarethe's celebration. The white was where it was supposed to be and the black was where it was supposed to be and the material
was really nice.

I don't think Meghan has a stylist or she doesn't listen to the stylist. The red dress she wore to the Military event was a disaster she had the dress altered to her own taste, I saw a photo of what it was supposed to look like and it was sleek and gorgeous on a certain body type. The white gown also emphasized her broad shoulders as did the red gown. She lost a lot of weight when she wore the gold gown, wide straps would definitely have helped give the dress substance. The black and white dress greatly differed from the one COV wore to Margarethe's celebration. The white was where it was supposed to be and the black was where it was supposed to be and the material was really nice.

I don't like this dress, looks like a wrap and she's coming out of a Tim Burton sauna.

Meghan knows her body and what looks well according to her. I doubt she would listen to a stylist unless it was a 'Yes. this and Yes that' staffer. That explains the repetition of colors, cuts, styles she gravitates toward.

Last edited:
The black and white-striped dress looks like a resort collection item or what certain wealthy ladies might call "patio" clothes. It's just a casual look. Not worth much analysis.

The Duchess of Sussex at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 today, September 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like this gown. The colour suits Meghan and it fits fine. Good effort! I think her hair could have been down though, for a softer look.

I like the color, but that's the only thing.
The dress is awful, imo.

I think the dress and color is lovely. I'm okay with the bun but hair down would've been nice as well.

I can't fault a simple outfit but I would've done a necklace or something.

It's does need some flashier accessories but Meghan is gorgeous in that dress. The color and fit are perfect...what's not to like??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom