The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence on this dress from Meghan. I want to like it, but I'm not so sure about the design.

some women gain extra weight during pregnancies, many do not. I didn’t gain any extra weight during both of my pregnancies, possibly because of moths of morning sickness. But I wouldn’t take it as a given that extra weight is a given in pregnancy

Yeah, I know - my mother hardly gained any extra weight whilst she was pregnant with me, actually. I was talking more about royal photocalls and the unrealistic standards they might give audiences instead; I wasn't insinuating at all that all women gain weight during pregnancy and post-birth, because everyone is different. It's a visible fact that royal women are done up with makeup, etc for hospital appearances and I wouldn't be surprised if photoshop was used. I don't mean any of this in a negative way towards the royals in question - but towards society's expectations of how they are "meant" to appear.

:previous:yes I do know what you were trying to get across as far as unrealistic attitudes towards women and their post partum figures, well said.

Both of Meghan’s outfits looked great on her today. The blue dress was perfect in appearance and practicality and the jumpsuit suits her very well. The large earrings and v neck and back and sleeveless save it, IMO. Her hair was very nice in both appearances.
She is one happy mama:flowers:

Last edited:
I liked both outfits today. Particularly like the dress, which is flattering and looks comfortable.

I loved this dress! Perfect for the event.

Both of Meghan's looks were perfect today. Meghan makes simple looks so chic.

I also recommend Everlane. Meghan introduced me to the brand and I have loved everything I've got from them including this black jumpsuit

I think Meghan is doing well with her clothing on this tour. I am particularly pleased to see her reuse clothes for these engagements. It is a very simple yet powerful message that sometimes a number of the younger royal ladies do not get right always.

I am cautiously optimistic that, of the new clothes worn on this trip that are not by local African designers, British clothes will be a major part. The next few days will be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm loving both of Meghan's outfits for today, even though one of them is the oh-so-predictable solid black. The dress for the meeting with Desmond Tutu is perfect, and the kind of thing I wish she would wear more often, soft, flowing and with a subtle and appealing print. That detail at the bottom of the skirt is especially lovely.

I'm normally not a huge fan of jumpsuits because they are so easy to get wrong, but the proportions on this one are very nice, and the deep v-neck and flattering cut on the armholes keeps the look chic. The earrings are the perfect finishing touch. So far, much, much better than yesterday.
I loved the wrap dress and the fact it was lined was the cherry on top. So often we see a static photo of a model wearing a wrap dress, even strutting their weird runway walk, and it never looks immodest. But for every real woman wearing one, the only way to retain one's modesty is pinning or sewing it up. This was an honest admission that wrap dresses can unwrap, but we've got you covered, literally. It was a lovely, flirty little skirt and the flash of blue was part of the dress itself.

As to the pantsuit, I love it on her. As with so many ensembles, the devil is the details and in this case, the length of leg stopping at the ankle (I'm told the term is "ankle grazers") and her accessories. Her earrings are stunning yet not vulgarly expensive and the shoes were perfect for the ankle-grazing effect.

All in all, I am really impressed by her recycling so much of her maternity wardrobe as it is very practical and also gives the nod to the reality that some women gain weight during pregnancy and others don't. It's just the way life is and instead of investing in a wardrobe to minimise her figure she instead opted to stand with all those other women like herself. That is not to say I wouldn't like a surprise or two.

I like the look. Simple but lovely. Nice for the private breakfast.

Yes, I like this combination. Simple and wearable, very nice indeed. A good choice on a warm day.

Another lovely outfit from the Duchess. She looks very beautiful indeed.

I like the skirt very much, but don't really care for the neckline on the top. Overall a nice outfit, but I wish the neck on the top was cut either higher or lower.

Oh, I like that skirt. Simple lines but still eye-catching.

Oh, I like that skirt. Simple lines but still eye-catching.

My thoughts exactly on the skirt. Lovely. Her hair is styled really nicely too.

Oh, an almost affordable skirt. Just out of reach.

$200 for both pieces combined, very affordable look indeed :flowers:

Meghan Hosts Private Breakfast with South African Activists on Thursday 26 September
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFnOnN-UYAEaL-k?format=jpg&name=medium

I like the skirt, the top is meh.

Didn’t Meghan say she’s bought the whole Smart Works collection and was going to wear it on the tour? I don’t think we’ve seen any of these, not even the white shirt although she wore a different white shirt on the beach.
Maybe she’ll wear all of it on the last day.

Last edited:
Didn’t Meghan say she’s bought the whole Smart Works collection and was going to wear it on the tour? I don’t think we’ve seen any of these, not even the white shirt although she wore a different white shirt on the beach.
Maybe she’ll wear all of it on the last day.

No, pretty sure that was just a little speculation some press inserted into their stories about SmartWorks. She didn’t say anything like that in her speech.

She never said it but Meghan has two days of engagements left -- tomorrow and Tuesday. I won't be surprised to see a piece of the collection at the ACU engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom