The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tour, as many have expressed, was never about Meghan's clothes. She obviously chose comfortable, casual wear at affordable pricing and with ethical, sustainable messages in mind, along with supporting some African designers.

I mostly saw Meghan, not her clothes. I enjoyed the pretty earrings she wore to several events, and my fave outfits are the patterned African-designed black & white print dress, the blue & white print dress from Club Monaco, the striped sleeveless maxi dress and the sky-blue, belted shirt dress (the latter two outfits were both repeats from the South Pacific tour). Of the shorter-styled shirt dresses Meghan wore over the last few days, this one stood out for me:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r5dIEooT...aeqZx7lPk25RRfOWACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/isept31.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6dehP9vM...GAsYHQ/s1600/banana+republic+trench+dress.jpg

As well, I like the distinctive profile of the navy button-front A-line dress:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6hBuJeeU...ne7Fk_rtoW2C4dxqavBvgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/dzs.jpg

This longer white shirt dress made from leftover fabric also looked striking on Meghan with the orange Madewell stone & tassel earrings:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gV3GnTYG...QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/meghan+cream+shirtdress.jpg

I also must say that I love Meghan's casual, effortless style, particularly her travel looks with fitted trousers, and the white shirts with or without jackets. It's very Meghan, very comfortable, engaging and down-to-earth.

As someone said earlier, there's definitely a glow about Meghan. I'm sure it has to do with motherhood, but also with good health and fitness, as well as being aligned with her purpose. Her skin simply blooms in the African sun.

Last edited:
:previous: You know, that is something that almost all royals do to some extent but I suddenly thought, how does Meghan (just as a present example) pull this off. Does she do a crash course in ethically sourced fashion and jewellery sites in each of the countries she is to visit? Does she get her staff to do it? Does she order a variety of styles and multiple sizes since they are so variable?

It is a small, insignificant thing, but an awful lot of work goes into that dress or those earrings, bracelet, even shoes that some fashionista RR spots and it's in the local and home papers giving the firm an international boost. So, I can put up with the odd ensemble that doesn't, to my mind at least, suit or fit as well as I would think they should, given her resources. She's doing the most important part just by wearing it.

From what I understand she was involved in these types of labels long before she met Harry so I'd guess she has at least some working knowledge of what all is out there and I'd also guess ppl are on the look out for her, for new labels that engage in ethical/sustainable practices.

LaRae

That hair do! I’m in love.

I adore burgundy, she looks amazing I just don’t care for leather (look) on anyone. As she’s only gone from Frogmore to Windsor I can understand no coat but it’s quite nippy today.

Perfect skirt ! She has lost a lot of pregnancy weight now. Beautiful girl !

Usually I go with my first gut impression when I see an outfit on someone. What sprung (no pun intended here) to mind seeing Meghan's outfit going to Windsor Castle was fall foliage. Perfect autumn ensemble. ?

Great color for her...she looks lovely. Definately dropping the weight

LaRae

I like the skirt and top, but not together.
The shades of burgundy clash, imo.

(Although maybe it's just the way it is photographed?)

I'm never a huge fan of leather skirts, but this one looks nice, and the colors are fantastic on Meghan. I like her hair, but wish the little wispy bits weren't in her face quite so much. I like this updo a lot more than the super-tight chignon and hope to see more of this.

I think it’s the material that makes them look different shades. But they do look different.

That hair do! I’m in love.

I adore burgundy, she looks amazing I just don’t care for leather (look) on anyone. As she’s only gone from Frogmore to Windsor I can understand no coat but it’s quite nippy today.

Her hair does look fabulous. Love it.

Agreed- love the color, but I don’t like leather on anyone either.

We just saw the same skirt on Letizia, they both seem to favor leather clothing. I also don’t like it on anyone, besides it’s origin, it looks so uncomfortable. Her hair looks great besides the wispy bits which she kept touching. I think the orange red of the skirt and th raspberry red of the sweater and shoes were meant to clash

Yes, I think the colors are not intended to match, and I actually like that. If they matched exactly it would be little boring and one dimensional, but as it is it looks interesting.

I hate leather pants, but from time to time I don't mind leather skirts when done right. And here I think it works. Its the color for me.

Interesting to note its the exact same Hugo boss skirt Letizia wore in Korea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...orous-red-skirt-worn-Queen-Letizia-Spain.html

I often thought there was similarities in their style and like that. Letizia has the clean modern aesthetic I enjoy in Meghan so far.

-skirt by Hugo Boss
-top by British brand Joseph
-Herra earrings by British designer Emily Mortimer
-ring by Montreal designer Alex Prijic Smith of brand Vargas Goteo
-shoes by American Sarah Flint

Vargas Goteo is another sign of conscious brand choice. Vargas is very involved in conservation. The brand raises awareness and donates a lot of money to different conservation projects.

All in all a wonderful fall ensemble that reminds me of leaves.

Lovely autum look,not fan of leather in general but i can make a pass for skirts and that one is lovely...nice hair too

The colors do clash and I'm not a fan of a sweater being tucked into a skirt.

Loving her hair this way!

I like the color of her sweater but I am not a fan of the color clash between the skirt and sweater. Since I always criticize Letizia when she wears leather, Meghan gets the same - I don't like the skirt because it looks plastic.

You mean by wearing a skirt and top?

I mean the entire look [hairdo/skirt/top/shoes] - that's who I was reminded of 'on first sight'..

I like the top and the skirt, but they don't combine well.

I don't think a low cut top and leather skirt are appropriate for an official engagement. I'll leave it at that.

Meghan looks STUNNING! Perfect all around. She looks absolutely incredible these days.

I love this color on her and hope we continue to see more bold colors. She has the ability to carry them off.

Also this skirt and shirt are divine. I need to look into that sweater because I want it in every color.

Love burgundy on Meghan! Maybe she's decided to wear some colour from now on because of the Autumn weather? I hope so. I like the leather skirt very much and her hair. Not so sure about the top with the skirt, but over all very nice. A good look!

I love the rich Autumnal colours but I don't really like the clashing skirt and top, even though it's probably deliberate. In general the look, including her hair suits her IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom