The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Meghan looks very nice. Of course it's still white and black, but I like the fit and design of this dress. The print looks good on her. And I too love the wedges.

Last edited:
In addition to what I said before, I'll also add that after watching some of the video, I'm happy to see that the dress has either a liner, or Meghan is wearing a petticoat, because when the wind blew the wrap on the dress open, nothing was exposed, which shows a nice learning curve, too.

As expected black/white again (I expect this tour will be 90% black, white, beige and navy), however the pattern and the cut give it pizzaz and liveliness. Great to see a Malawi designer. The dress is a win, and I hope she wears it back home as well.
The shoes are meh, but understandable (I wish more royals would wear flats). Hair is disappointing (Victoria has soured me on these scraped back looks for eternity), particularly if she has a hairdresser with her.

Last edited:
I liked her plane departure/landing outfit, very airy and light feeling.

I love the print dress. It is so flattering (to many women) and a neat design. I'm not a huge fan of wedges although I have one pair and have to admit they are a great alternative to heels.

They both look very relaxed and casual.

LaRae

As expected black/white again (I expect this tour will be 90% black, white, beige and navy), however the pattern and the cut give it pizzaz and liveliness. Great to see a Malawi designer, just imagine what a boost this is for her. The dress is a win, and I hope she wears it back home as well.
The shoes are meh, but understandable (I wish more royals would wear flats). Hair is disappointing (Victoria has soured me on these scraped back looks for eternity), particularly if she has a hairdresser with her.

I'm with you on the hair, don't mind it once in awhile but CP Victoria drives me crazy with that continued severe hairstyle. Hopefully Meghan continues to mix styles up between the bun, loose and pulled back.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fantastic shade of blue on the duchess, and a very pretty dress. And it's not black, so bonus points all around. In some of the video the hair looks a little windblown and messy, but it's nice to see it down.

Any ID on the dress?

Ah, some colour, and a very nice blue as well. Same wedges though. I guess they're comfy. The dress looks cool and easy to wear. I've like everything Meghan's worn so far since they arrived!

That's a fantastic shade of blue on the duchess, and a very pretty dress. And it's not black, so bonus points all around. In some of the video the hair looks a little windblown and messy, but it's nice to see it down.

Any ID on the dress?

It's a repeat from their visit to Tonga last year - Veronica Beard. (not available anymore)

I liked both dresses a lot. I loved the print on the first and the colour on the second looked gorgeous on her.

Dislike the wedges but the dress is ok.

An excellent choice for Meghan!! Love the soft wrap dress on her with the cute wedges.

I like the dresses and don't mind the wedges. What I absolutely hate are the ankle ties. Those are awful.

Love the dress. Glad she repeated it. Hate the wedges with this dress. They looked much better with the earlier dress.

It just occurred to me that we can probably expect a variation of red, green and yellow at some point during this tour. Meg tends to pay homage to national colours or flag colours and today she has already worn black & white and blue.
SA doesn't have a national colour but its flag offers quite a selection.

I actually like the wedges with the ribbons. Meghan's got the ankles for it, and in these cases the ribbons don't detract from the dresses. I may change my mind if those are the only shoes she wears during the trip, however.

I like the color but not the style of the dress.
I actually like the wedges.

I really like the black and white print dress. Looks great on her.

I wish she’d part her hair on the side more. The middle part is rather harsh.

i think the Duchess loos lovely today in both dressesnice to see that blue dress again the color suits her

Meghan looks lovely - love that colour on her! Her black and white dress was nice too.

I don't like it.

Me neither. The wedges made it even worse. The 'morning dress' is not my favorite but worked rather well for the occasion (and with the wedges).

I like her choices so far with the proviso that I don't particularly like the option of wearing the black wedges with the blue shirtdress. That's not to say I don't like the wedges, just not with that particular dress.

I am guessing the wedges are comfortable so who am I to judge? I really love the reappearance of the blue shirtdress, the colour looks stunning on her and it is fortunate that she still fits it.

Love the black and white dress. Flattering style and great print. Love chose Malawi designer. Shoes are comfortable.

Blue the only thing going for it. Not fond of fabric or style. Nice recycle though.

Last edited:
I loved both dresses especially the blue one !

The Duchess of Sussex changed into a blue dress later today:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

I love this dress! I loved it the first time and I love it now. As a big proponent of RRR (reduce, reuse and recycle) I also love that it’s a repeat. Great colour and very flattering to Meghan.
The shoes are even worse with this dress. Hair is much better.
Wish the jewelry wasn’t microscopic. $600 for earrings you can’t see seems insane to me.

The black and white dress is very nice and appropriately African and the hair is good pulled back except the center part and the sandals but looks too much like a maternity dress, the way it is tied. The blue dress does nothing for her, the tie looks funny and the hair is too all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom