The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have that skirt, lol. I'm debating on whether or not to get a burgundy one too... decisions... Gabriela Hearst has that bag in all kinds of buttery leathers, but also a burgundy satin... :D

It's taking all of my willpower not to get two bags right now. *must resist* *chants: you don't have to buy it because DoS bought it, you don't have to buy it because DoS bought it* :lol:

But you have to buy it because you loved it when DoS bought it. ?

Btw, for those interested. That emerald green is also available in a 3D ribbed fabric.

Last edited:
The Daily Fail put prices to the clothes. But, if the clothes are borrowed, the Duchess of Sussex would not have bought them! I assume that she is paying a stylist. In fact, I don't think that the Duchess has worn anything twice in public yet and that leads me to believe that the clothes are borrowed.
Royals don’t borrow clothes. Prince Charles pays for them.

The Daily Fail put prices to the clothes. But, if the clothes are borrowed, the Duchess of Sussex would not have bought them! I assume that she is paying a stylist. In fact, I don't think that the Duchess has worn anything twice in public yet and that leads me to believe that the clothes are borrowed.
You are right, she is rarely seen to reuse her clothes. That just seems like such a waste to me. Perhaps she will soon start to.

I like that it's not black, and that's all I like. For me Henry looked really untidy on this visit.
Agreed, Harry 's suit just did not fit well.

Agreed, Harry 's suit just did not fit well.
Just goes to show . . . I thought Harry looked great in a grey suit (?). Loved the colour on him.

I was a fan of Harry's suit...great color and I thought it fit him fine.

I would of LOVED to see her wear that skirt in a dark purple with that Green top. That would of been interesting.

LaRae

^
With the White Coat, that would be the Suffragette Colours too...

:previous: To be honest, I don't think she has an awful lot of "Royal Engagement" clothes and is in the process of building a "working wardrobe'. Like Catherine, Mary, Sofia et al, there have been faux howls of righteous anger about their spendthrift ways in the first year or to of their marriage, but these women started wardrobe building long after their royal counterparts.

Now we see comments on all of them that they are wearing something that was last seen five or ten years ago. In truth, they have probably been worn more than that but just not at "Official Engagements" so no photos. I think we also need to keep in mind that we are not paying for their clothing and they don't get them for free. Several pieces that Meghan has worn have been identified and are no longer on sale which would lead us to believe she purchased them before her marriage.

I thought Meghan's outfit was chic and appropriate. Only things that were a miss for me was the jacket and her hair.
As for Harry I think he looked good. He is truly the looker in the family now and has held that place for over a decade.

Have always loved leather, although not popular with PETA crowd and they are yelling a bit. This skirt on Meghan is lovely and I like the combination of fabrics and different shine while same tone on entire outfit. Always a class look IMO. Many Royals and high society ladies have been wearing leather shirts, slacks/pants for a few years now. Our Michelle Obama had a leather slack outfit to die for a year ago. I for one am glad that this fabric is back in style for other things besides shoes, belts and handbags. I realize that some will find fault, depending on who is wearing, but as long as person is on slender side, quite lovely.

Last edited:
Good! That's how it's supposed to be. She shouldn't draw attention to herself at someone else's wedding.

If she had turned up in a brighter colour when we all know that her style is for darker colours that she usually wears, there would have been screams of condemnation that she was trying to upstage Eugenie.

She played it safe with her usual style!

We all know that Meghan is judged by a different standard verses her sister-in-law by some royal watchers.

Last edited:
I am glad she is boring. It aint about her.

Exactly! The focus will be solely on her when she goes on tour next week. She didn't need to outshine the bride today. Look at the amount of media attention that she got for wearing that yellow dress. Meghan would not want that type of media focus on Eugenie's wedding day.

Totally agree. Meghan outfit is a bit boring, but totally appropriate and in style. Just the way it should be today. She'll probably show us some new fashion choices during the upcoming tour, when it's about her and Harry.

:previous: I agree and I think she looked perfect for the occasion and the colour was gorgeous.

Nice look and she's not trying to outdo the bride. Harry's vest and socks match.

She took pains not to upstage the bride…. nice of her

I like this, and she looked coordinated with the rest of the family. Everyone expects the DoS to wear skin fitted clothes, and I'm realising that is not her aesthetic. This look is very 'Meghan.'

Dull, dull, DULL...

It is entirely possible to be interestingly dressed, and STILL not 'outshine the Bride'...

Was hoping for more color today..Kate wore color and didn't detract from the Bride.

LaRae

Kate stood out in comparison to how the rest of the family was dressed! Meghan would be crucified by some of the same posters praising Kate if she had worn pink and Kate had worn navy.

I don't think so...most of the folks here have been wanting Meghan to wear color ..more color.

LaRae

The style and color are really boring. I do like the hat though.

There might have been a few that criticized Meghan for wearing color, but most people wouldn't have had a problem with it. I know I would have been happy to see Meghan in some color.

Last edited:
At least it isn't black. Meghan looks nice, but so far I'm having a hard time finding anything more interesting than that to say. I'll have to watch this one in motion again.

It is entirely possible to be well dressed in colors other than black and navy.

I’m sorry but nobody could have outshine Eugenie today. Cara Delvigne wore a tuxedo today. Look at Catherine wearing raspberry for petes sake.

Wearing a colour wouldn’t have made her stand out, it would have made her less boring in my eyes. Even emerald green which she has favoured numerous times would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom