The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Camilla's hats for the most part, but that big blue one she wore. How many Muppets did she have to kill to make that hat? hehehehe:D

LadyK said:
I like Camilla's hats for the most part, but that big blue one she wore. How many Muppets did she have to kill to make that hat? hehehehe:D

LOL...hahaha, that´s a good one. But I like this hat, suits her very well IMO.

Source: Getty Images
May 19, 2005-Devon Couty Agricultural Show

August 4, 2005-Visiting Thurso Royal National Lifeboat Institution

November 7, 2005-Visit to the Ferry Building in San Francisco

December 25, 2005-Christmas Church Service

November 22, 2004-Winter gala performance of Opera and Ballet

November 23, 2005-Gala in aid of The Prince's Trust

Last edited by a moderator:
March 13, 2006-Commonwealth Day Service

April 12, 2006-Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst

February 15, 2006-Reception celebrating the centenary of the Everyman's Library

November 17, 2005-Switching on the Christmas Lights

December 16, 2005-Performance of Madame Butterfly

March 8, 2006-Premiere of O These Foolish Things in Aid of the National Osteoporosis Society

Last edited by a moderator:
42-16769303.jpg
Corbis
Her headpiece for her daughters wedding was rather fresh and unusual!

Lourdes,I disagree with you. Camilla is attractive. I have seen pictures of her, I think she was in her late twenties/ thirties where she was actually really pretty. The problem is that she doesn't photograph well at all. People who know her say this and they also saw she is a lot prettier and smaller in person And for years, the press tried to take the worst possible pictures of her which enforced in people minds Camilla wasn't beautiful.

Without getting into the fur debate - I think the hat really does suit Camilla and it must keep her warm. It's a real winter wardrobe and I think it's classy and practical too.

I agree, Sam. The Duchess looks very good in it and next to that I think it's very warm and practical. :flowers:

It's nice to see her wear a new hat!

For someone who used to hunt and into country pursuits, I doubt she'd given a second thought to wearing fur. I think it looks good on her too.

Maxie said:
I agree, Sam. The Duchess looks very good in it and next to that I think it's very warm and practical. :flowers:

It's nice to see her wear a new hat!
It's actually a new hat, Maxie. The Duchess has worn it on 2 occasions last year i remember:)...But she still looked nice in it and great see her happy laughing.

Last edited:
Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's shoes and purses

we have makes thread of Duchess of Cornwall's

like include daytimes dress shoes,boots,evening shoe,etc.

and also have good purse when Camilla wores in the public and gala dinner,etc.

please post picture or add by the websites dues rules of administators

Camilla looks best when she doesn't wear sleeveless gowns. Her upper arms are not toned.

Duchess Of Cornwall

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall wears classic and timeless evening attire.
The lines of her clothes are clean and crisp.The Duchess looks at ease sporting marvellous jewels.The Duchess has studied and superb taste.

i think that her dresses are far too low cut especially her recent red velvet dress in the usa

Well, dear Members, I must say that this melange is amazing. It contains things which are charming, elegant, stylish, in other words things that work ie hats in good taste and the most amazing collection of cranial abominations apart from those memorable horrors found on the worst jewels thread. There are so many of the latter.

I just find it amazing that the good woman actually wears hats that seem to cover at least one of her eyes. Further there are all these massive numbers with feathers sticking out in all directions as if she were some rare or exotic bird reincarnated in human form as punishment for sins in her former lives. And then there are the hats that are just plain wacky. Suffice it to say I am drooling with delight and now that I have, courtesy of the noble Elspeth, found this latest happy hunting ground, I have yet another forum in which to vent my spleen and irritate the moderators, not to mentiion the long suffering members. Cheers.

I think that dress was to show off the jewels to me it wouldn't have shown well laying on material. I like the cuts of her dresses she's a woman she doesn't show much at all to me.

Camilla needs to be more adventurous in her choices without being flashy.

She seems to have discovered which colours work best on her but the tailoring of some of the designs could have been better.

One can look one's age without being dowdy, yet try to look a bit younger without hitting tarty. I don't think Camilla has found that balance just yet.

I don't think she wants to look younger. I think for a woman who in the early stages of her life didn't really care about clothes, she is doing very well and looks really good.

seto said:
I don't think she wants to look younger. I think for a woman who in the early stages of her life didn't really care about clothes, she is doing very well and looks really good.
I agree but, remember the press only showed her in dowdy clothes to reinforce the image they wanted everyone to see. IMO, she has always 'scrubbed up' well! Now she has a beauty that only comes with confidence and maturity. It is worth bearing in mind that not everyone feels the need to 'look younger', many women and men are content with how they look. :flowers:

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I agree but, remember the press only showed her in dowdy clothes to reinforce the image they wanted everyone to see. IMO, she has always 'scrubbed up' well! Now she has a beauty that only comes with confidence and maturity. It is worth bearing in mind that not everyone feels the need to 'look younger', many women and men are content with how they look. :flowers:

Ok, so is it time to pass the Oli of Olay, Lady Clairol or both? ;)

I think Camilla´s clothing was impeccable for the first 18 months or so after they were married. She has found a style that works for her - smart, elegant, classic, and complimentary to her age - problems sometimes arise when she tries to be adventureous, eg white dress at 2007 Ascot Day 1, leopard skin hat etc for Xmas 2006, penchant for berets...... That said, some of the best dresses have been the white shift dress with the navy coat (been used on a number of occassions, including launching the new submarne recently), the creme and gold jacket/dress used for 2006 Ascot and recycled at Trooping of the Colour in 2007, grey chiffon dress worn for honouring the war dead at Somme, the white skirt and beige jacket used a lot in the summer, the Royal blue trouser suit with the white Indian embroidery worn first in India, and then subsequently at a reception at Clarence House and then again at the last trip to the Middle East.

I have to say that I am not at all impressed with the combination of Camillas outfit at the diamond anniversary celebrations. Unfortunately she looks like she has a very elaborate chocolate cake on her head, and I do not like the skirt at all.

I do however like the jacket. It would have been nice if the skirt was a bit less trendy, as I don't think it flatters her at all. And it would have also been nice if she has added a touch of color to her outfit.

Images here courtesy of gettyimages and casiraghitrio: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I thought that the outfit color was very age appropriate. Her outfit was lovely, especially the skirt, I also like the detailing on that jacket collar. I thought her outfit overall was nice, but something about it is unflattering imo. Im also liking the hat. The hat isnt bad, I think its different to what we see her usually in.

I too think the outfit 'age appropriate', although I am not sure that the colour suits her.

However Prince Michaels wife could take a few lessons, (with fat legs, best not to go for the baby doll look at her age):D.

Camilla's jacket and skirt is wonderful and the hat is a sensational concoction for this special event. :flowers:

Unsightly legs or not women should not wear baby doll dresses even if it is considered "in" by the fashion crowd. Leave the baby doll look to four year olds not forty year olds.

Camilla, in my opinion, has great style. Each ensemble fits her perfectly. She doesn't over do it yet she always adds something unique to each piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom