The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does seem that all Catherine's lace dresses are merging into an amorphous blob.

This is so true!! Yet another lace dress and all of them somehow seem to be the same although they aren't.
Lace is not Kate's best friend, very often she looks matronly etc.

I don't mind the print and the coloring but I think that shape of the necklice is more flattering on big-boned women, like, say Crown Princess Victoria! I like the ponytail though, it looks really fresh on Kate.

I like it...nice for a family dinner party.

LaRae

Very appropriate for a low key family dinner

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it, it's dowdy.

I love the ponytail, nice young fresh look on her. And the earrings :flowers:

I like the color of the dress but the neckline and pattern aren't great. Dowdy or matronly.

I like it. Fresh, relaxed and perfect for a semi-casual event with family. I really like the ponytail and am always fond of wearing off shoulder dresses in different ways.

The dress is beautiful. I love the print

In maroon this evening at the 42nd Street event.

i love it! looks like a party dress. Cant wait to learn more about the earrings.... she is definitely experimenting a bit and moving out side her comfort zone.

I LOVE this dress! The color is smashing on her...the style is GREAT for her. Love the retro 50's feel..so elegant/classy.

The shoes are great too! Not sure about the earrings.

Love the dress & shoes, not wild about the earrings. I wish her hair were up so we could see the top of the dress better. Looks like it is covering some shoulder detailing.

Would of been great to see her with a nice pair of ruby earrings.

LaRae

Lovely dress but wrong earrings. Ruby earring would've been perfect.

Glorious! And I don't even mind the earrings. They are so fun. It's a over the top musical event. If there is any event you can wear tassles, that's it!

I am in heaven! That outfit is divine! I don't even mind the hair much but would have loved it a little pinned back if only for those stunning earrings.

i love it! looks like a party dress. Cant wait to learn more about the earrings.... she is definitely experimenting a bit and moving out side her comfort zone.

I love it too!

It isn't really a formal event so I think the earrings add a playful touch.
And the color is amazing for her!

Earrings are Kate spade New York

https://www.katespade.com/products/...0_color=623#start=34&cgid=ks-jewelry-earrings

The earrings I agree are a change. The dress certainly is not. The retro fifties look is very much her comfort zone. But thankful change from lace.

Another retro dress but this is fantastic. The color is stunning, and I am in love with the style on her. :flowers:

Though rubies would be lovely, I like her choice. It's nice when Kate chooses more fashion pieces and not jewels. It speaks more to her age. This is the kind of fun event the earrings work for.

I do wish her hair was up. Both to show off the earrings, and top of the dress.

It is a very lovely dress. beautiful color

Great dress and colour on the Duchess ,can't really make out her earrings with her hair down,would prefer it up.

wow - that dress is a delight! looks fab on kate.

She looks amazing! Great outfit!

I really like this red full-skirted Marchesa dress. Love its eye-catching color, its chic and has lovely vintage vibe. Very beautiful dress. Great find!
But this dress requires updo or her hair should have been styled away from her shoulders (now her curls were distractingly on her shoulders and hiding upper part of her dress and her earrings).
And I don't think her makeup is working for her because it aging her -- dark eye liner and shadows look too severe on her skin, it makes her eyes look smaller and she looks older. I wish she would go for something fresh and flattering for a change.

I am not so over the moon with the dress, it's something different, colour is great, what I don't like is the hair all over the place and that EVERYTHING is maroon, maybe clutch and shoes should have been black to break up this massive maroon appearance.
I like the earrings but they would have deserved hair up.

I am not so over the moon with the dress, it's something different, colour is great, what I don't like is the hair all over the place and that EVERYTHING is maroon, maybe clutch and shoes should have been black to break up this massive maroon appearance.
I like the earrings but they would have deserved hair up.
On the other hand, I think it all works well. I am not a fan of the earrings so am happy to have them hidden. But I accept your broader point, if you wear statement earrings, the hair has to be out of the way so they can be seen.

The red dress is beautiful. It's elegant and a great color.

The Marchesa dress was a nice dress, nice fit and a great color of Catherine but the rest was a total miss and messy. The hair shouldve been pulled all up, the earrings i red, long and childish IMO, nothing pretty about them. She should've worn nice studs. The clutch and heels in maroon, boring! They should've been in black.

The whole look was too maroon, couldn't get a clear view of her earrings with the open hair.

It's a pity because Catherine has the nice outfits and sometimes it's just ruined with the easiest things like hair and accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom