The Coronation: Guest Arrivals, Guest List, Rehearsal and Receptions, 5 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are very different girls. Both look lovely. Nicely dressed and well put together. But they are so obviously different in their styles and that is okay.

Yes, like Philippe & Mathilde and Willem-Alexander & Máxima are totally different type of people as well. It is no wonder that Elisabeth and Amalia are so different but I like their recognizable personalities not easy to overlook. Both are towering by the way!

Felipe & Letizia and Frederik & Mary seem to be close to the British royals.

Any word on attendance from the Royal Houses of Portugal, Italy, Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Austria, Albania and/or Montenegro?

Personally I would love to see the Queen of Sikkim in public again, although it might be diplomatically interesting to see if India would react. Equally, the Royal Houses of Vietnam, Laos, Brazil, Ethiopia and Korea still very much exist and it would be fun to see them publicly in such a globally visible place.
The BRF has no reason to invite those families because they either don’t know them or aren’t close to them. For Crown Prince Alexander and Katherine, he is the late QE II godson so he would naturally be invited.

I would imagine she is nervous now, very nervous.

That may well be in the case of the dowager Queen of Greece, but since she IS in attendance, as are the defunct houses of Romania, Serbia and Bulgaria, I see no reason why other defunct Royal Houses should be arbitrarily excluded (if the argument is that defunct houses are not invited), seeing as it isn’t a private event where you simply invite your friends. Odd to me that Serbias Royal Family, by virtue of them maybe being friendlier with King Charles, should be invited and Albania and Montenegros crown princes are excluded (if that is indeed what they are).

So Her Imperial Majesty is indeed invited and present? I didnt’t see her listed in the primary post, so if that is so, I’m very glad to hear it.
They don’t have any relations with the Albanian and Montenegrin houses at all. The only person in the BRF who has connections to the Albanian house is Prince and Princess Michael and Charles doesn’t know them. The BRF isn’t really close to the Iranian royal house either so I doubt she’ll be there.

Felipe & Letizia and Frederik & Mary seem to be close to the British royals.
I just think there is natural cordial relations between them as they have met on occasional visits (state visits)

They don’t have any relations with the Albanian and Montenegrin houses at all. The only person in the BRF who has connections to the Albanian house is Prince and Princess Michael and Charles doesn’t know them. The BRF isn’t really close to the Iranian royal house either so I doubt she’ll be there.

And how is the relationship between BRF and Charles with the Royal Family of Nepal?
I think Charles went to the coronation of the last king of Nepal.
But it does not appear that the Royal Family of Nepal was invited to Charles's coronation.

It possible Camilla is spending some time with her family before tomorrow. I imagine her family is quit nervous. They are not Royal and so would not attend tonight reception

What makes you thinking so?

The way they interact in public and how they seem to meet occasionally at unofficial or minor official events.

In the case of King Felipe VI, it helps that his mother is King Charles III's second cousin.

The way they interact in public and how they seem to meet occasionally at unofficial or minor official events.

In the case of King Felipe VI, it helps that his mother is King Charles III's second cousin.

My guess is that the foreign royal the most close to the King is Princess Maragreta of Romania. Their interactions are always sweet and tender, almost as siblings.

The Spanish royals vacationed with King Charles (then Prince of Wales) and his family at least once. King Felipe (then Prince of Asturias) was a young man at the time. There families have been closer over the years than some. Also, King Charles attended King Felipe's wedding and didn't go to any of the other heir's weddings. Prince Frederik and Princess Mary have been with the royals at Ascot once and have the Princess of Wales has had working visits to Denmark at least twice.

And how is the relationship between BRF and Charles with the Royal Family of Nepal?
I think Charles went to the coronation of the last king of Nepal.
But it does not appear that the Royal Family of Nepal was invited to Charles's coronation.
I think the relations are non-existent especially since the death of the main line and the abolishment of the monarchy under former King Gyanendra. Plus Charles hasn’t visited them for a long time or been invited to their home.

Did I miss Queen Mathilde’s arrival or is she not attending today’s event?

She gave her spot to her daughter Elisabeth. Mathilde will be attending the coronation tomorrow.

It possible Camilla is spending some time with her family before tomorrow. I imagine her family is quit nervous. They are not Royal and so would not attend tonight reception

That isn't a good enough excuse imho. However, she isn't the one offering it.

I'd say it is pretty clear that Camilla cannot handle the same workload as her husband who has always been known to be a workaholic. Nonetheless, I do question her choice not to attend today's events.

Last edited:
The Wales account posted a photo of Kate with the First Ladies of US and Ukraine. The earlier events were for
• Small Island and Developing States
• Realm Governors and Prime Ministers
• Commonwealth Leaders - the RF posted a group photo
And I understand why different events for different groups of people, but if they were to take and post other group photos, it would make me go hmm interesting optics

The Spanish royals vacationed with King Charles (then Prince of Wales) and his family at least once. King Felipe (then Prince of Asturias) was a young man at the time. There families have been closer over the years than some. Also, King Charles attended King Felipe's wedding and didn't go to any of the other heir's weddings. Prince Frederik and Princess Mary have been with the royals at Ascot once and have the Princess of Wales has had working visits to Denmark at least twice.

The Prince of Wales, the Earl of Wessex and the Countess of Wessex actually were at the wedding of the Prince of Orange, for several days.

Also, King Charles attended King Felipe's wedding and didn't go to any of the other heir's weddings.

You are wrong there. Charles did attend the wedding of King Willem-Alexander in 2002.

You are wrong there. Charles did attend the wedding of King Willem-Alexander in 2002.

And Philippe and Mathilde's wedding in 1999.

To be fair, I would also place Willem-Alexander and Maxima among those fioreign royals who seem to be close to Charles.

Was the Duchess of Edinburgh there? I have not seen on any of the photos. The Duke is as there is a photo of him greeting the Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein. Good to see King Simeon and Queen Margarita as well at the reception. We did not see any photos of their arrival.

It seems that the dress code was confusing. The Brazilian lady showed up in a long gown with cape while others - f.e. Roberta Metsola- came in pantalon and jacket.

Last edited:
Was the Duchess of Edinburgh there? I have not seen on any of the photos. The Duke is as there is a photo of him greeting the Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein. Good to see King Simeon and Queen Margarita as well at the reception. We did not see any photos of their arrival.

It seems that the dress code was confusing. The Brazilian lady showed up in a long gown with cape while others - f.e. Roberta Metsola- came in pantalon and jacket.
Yes, the Duchess of Edinburgh was there. I didn't see any photos but she was shortly shown in the video.

Funny how Elisabeth and C-A are wearing dark colours, whereas the older ladies are in bright ones. Both look beautiful.

Kate, Queen Anna-Maria (those are some pearls the Queen is wearing), Marie-Chantal and Mary also look wonderful. So hyped to see Princess Beatrix there. :wub:

Was the Duchess of Edinburgh there?

Here she is.
[

Last edited:
But cold weather and too little clothing can

If they are wearing uniforms and robes tomorrow, they can’t wear several layers of clothes inside of it

Absolutely wrong. This is the sort of thing my mom believes even when doctors have told her otherwise. Bladder infections are caused by bacteria, not by cold weather and too little clothing.

In 2013 Vajiralongkorn did attend the Investiture in Amstrdam. Since then Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Philippe, Prince Felipe, Prince Vajiralongkorn himself, Prince Naruhito and Prince Charles - all in Amsterdam- have become the Sovereign, while Princess Margareta and Prince Philippos have become head of their Royal House. It is amazing how much has changed in a decade!

It is 'semi formal or business' dress code. Your Brazilian lady is overdressed.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/21/c9/c321c9b8b8d72a0651ff0f260758c033.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom