Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hearing that prince carl philip and princess Madeleine spend they holiday in Mauritius!

Are the royal couple on the island Mauritius, too?

Pics of Madeleine and Carl Philip on Mauritius.
http://www.bunte.de/adel/adel-freizeit_did_3226.html
I guess your source was Bunte or Facetoface also, Johanna (?)
So one can´t say, if the Royal couple or Victoria&Daniel were also there.

It seems "uncle" Tord Magnusson was with them. He is consul general for Mauritius

I was very surprised to see Jonas Bergstrom's grey hair. How long do you think they will have to wait before they can marry? At this rate, they will need assistance to get down the aisle.

No official christmas-card or press meeting of the Swedish royal family on christmas time?

Other royal families do that!

No official christmas-card or press meeting of the Swedish royal family on christmas time?

Other royal families do that!

Other Royal families have :baby:
I am sure Christmas photoshootings would be done again, as soon as mini Royals would be around in Sweden.

They still have Christmas cards, but as it seems they are "private"

As I get it, the Christmas family shooting got replaced by the whole family being present at the Nobel Prize Awards. Depressing, I know :nonono: Then again spinster & siblings being photographed with Mamma & Pappa is maybe not the thing, ppl wanna see...

I would like the see the little Victoria and little Carl Philip and the sweet baby sister Madeleine pictured with Mamma and Pappa....:whistling:

Crown princess Victoria and prince Carl Philip were doing some Christmas shopping last Friday:
Aftonbladet/Kungabarnen julhandlade igår
They came out from a store with a translucent Sony Bag and the technology expert of Aftonbladet thinks that they bought Sony's portable speakers.

Happy New Year to all!

Where did the royal family spend the New Year!

Happy New Year to you too :)

The king and queen in Thailand. Victoria and Daniel at a "secret place" (which probably would get revealed in the next edition of Svensk Damtidning) No infos on Madeleine and Carl Philip so far.

Video link to the year with the Royal family 2008. An anual programme on state TV.
http://www.svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?a=1360033&d=92309
The programme used to be better before IMO.

The programme of the Royal Family 2008 was a big disappointment for me. During the years, I have enjoyed this programme very much, but it´s quality is not as good anymore as it did before.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;875413 said:
I really have to agree with you. The programme was much better in the last few years. Nothing about the Olympics?? I can't understand this.

Yes, now as you say it.
There also was nothing on Victoria´s trip to India or the one of the Queen and Madeleine to Brazil. The parts, they have filled with interviews to the norwegian "Royalty expert", they should have filled with more material and I´d wish the court would be more cooperative and would provide more exclusive material as in earlier years. The versions from the 90ties, which are also uploaded on the page are really quite different.

This was the first edition of the program with its new team and host. SVT had some info last year about the new people and some changes they wanted to make, including making more material available at their site, SVT Play. I have really enjoyed the online resources, but the "real" program was perhaps not as good as it could have been.
The former host, Agneta Bolme Börjefors, died in 2008 from cancer. She had been working close to the RF for years and had a personal and professional contact with the RF no newbie can compete with. I think that this shows in the interviews.

Yes, the lack of Agneta shows.
I guess the Royalty expert was meant as addition to the young unexerpienced moderator...a not very smart plan.
Unfortunately the Royal house self seems torn...do we want publicity or do we don´t want it...as it could highlight the fact, that our children are still unmarried and without kids...and as Royals talking can also mean "slips" as e.g. the one, which had caused Brunai-gate.
That´s probably why the Royal family seems more and more reserved year by year.

I am liking SVT play related to the Royal house. Esp. the older things...but on the one hand it makes the annual programme less interesting and somehow Royals seem more impressive and regal in pictures in opposite to videos ;)

Pics 22.1.2009

King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria,
Princess Madeleine, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden received
representatives from the diplomatic corps, trade and industry,
and the Swedish Government, at the first official dinner of
the year, at the Royal Palace, Stockholm, January 22, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

**Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Pics 19.2.2009

Princess Madeleine and her mother Queen Silvia of Sweden
visited the restaurant Teatergrillen in Stockholm, Sweden,
February 19, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics 26.2.2009

King Carl XI Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip ( who studies at the
Alnarp university) at the inauguration of an agriculture and
gardening conference at the University of Agricultural Sciences
in Alnarp, Sweden, February 26, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Carl Philip is more and more handsome!!!

It´s nice to see Daniel introduced to his future job, i´m sure he did great tonight. Victoria looks good - not my favorite dress of her ever but it´s definatly ok, good jewels. The queen has one of her worst dresses... but again one of her best jewels :flowers:

Queen Silvia is wearing a large Bernadotte diamond and pearl brooch with drop pearl pendant attached to her three-row pearl necklace.
This is the first time she is wearing that brooch (which has not been seen very often recently) as a necklace pendant, which results in a completely new look.

Victoria looks so different, radiant...:clap:What love is doing with people.
I don't like her tiara.
Daniel look little nervous on some photos. It would be better if Victoria give him her arm.

Short video:
SVT
Thanks for showing this - it´s certainly not everyday that we get to see tv-reports from the state-dinners, usually once a year at the "Royal Year" programme. Nice that the media wants to report about this now (hope we get to see this a bit more even after we are used to seeing Daniel) they usually show no interest what so ever - if it´s not something negative about the Royal Family.

Great to see Daniel at this dinner and clearly it has made Victoris happier to have him there

Thanks for showing this - it´s certainly not everyday that we get to see tv-reports from the state-dinners, usually once a year at the "Royal Year" programme. Nice that the media wants to report about this now (hope we get to see this a bit more even after we are used to seeing Daniel) they usually show no interest what so ever - if it´s not something negative about the Royal Family.

SVT used to have a lot of little videos in the past year or so. They have gotten an extra page on Royalty videos...probably already with an eye on a future wedding ;)

IMO Daniel´s "double debut" today wasn´t bad. He looked relaxed most of the time. His right arm at the gala is one big minus though.
"Limp sausage", some called it on an other board ;) And that at a guy, who is probably better in weight-lifting than most here ;) Well, at least it´s nothing, which is difficult to get rid of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom