State Visit from Italy to the Netherlands: November 9 - 11, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a strange timing. The the date must have been settled before the elections.

I hope Princess Catherina Amalia will be present at the gala banquet.

I hope the antivaxxers, anti-5G-antenna-fantasts, anti-Wokeists, anti-Green-Left-policies, anti-monarchists, etc. will not take the opportunity to whistle, shout and boo the King.

Under Willem-Alexander State Visits tend to start at the very open and very public Dam Square in Amsterdam while under Beatrix it was at the secluded 19thC cour of Noordeinde Palace in The Hague. The current setting is a wide open invitation to all and everything to come and to protest.

(These groups not only target politicans, ministers, public figures but also the King. They even called him "traitor" at Prinsjesdag. By agreeing with unpopular Government policy -signing Acts and Decrees- he "collaborates" with the "traitorous" Government etc. etc. etc.)

I really hope the Court goes back to the old Beatrixian way at Noordeinde Palace, even if this is actually more secluded.

Under Willem-Alexander State Visits tend to start at the very open and very public Dam Square in Amsterdam while under Beatrix it was at the secluded 19thC cour of Noordeinde Palace in The Hague. The current setting is a wide open invitation to all and everything to come and to protest.

Wasn't that only during the last 10 years or so of her reign when the Royal Palace in Amsterdam was renovated (first the interieur and later the fassades)?.

I really hope the Court goes back to the old Beatrixian way at Noordeinde Palace, even if this is actually more secluded.

The Noordeinde was always my favourite venue for such ceremonies.

Unlikely, IMO. She is still in full time education.

I agree, however: attending a State Banquet in the evening is not too invasive in her study. I can see the Princess of Orange attending at incoming State Visits from other monarchies.

I agree, however: attending a State Banquet in the evening is not too invasive in her study. I can see the Princess of Orange attending at incoming State Visits from other monarchies.

I believe she will justify her absence from university

My guess is that the Princess of Orange will not attend State Visits as long as she is no "fulltime royal" but will make exceptions for -by example- the King and Queen of Spain, the Emperor and Empress of Japan, etc.

We have seen that the Princess did attend the traditional diner for the members of the Raad van State (Council of State) of which she is the future president.

PICTURE

But for republican State Visits: no. Maybe with an exception for Benelux neighbours Germany and France.

I can imagine that Amalia is will attend some incoming State Visits from other monarchies. But outgoing? That is not realistic at the moment, imho.

I also think outgoing State visits are unrealistic for Amalia even in the longtime. Yes Willem-Alexander and Máxima often accompanied Queen Beatrix but i think that was because she was widowed and before Prince Claus often could not accompany her because of health issues.

I also think outgoing State visits are unrealistic for Amalia even in the longtime. Yes Willem-Alexander and Máxima often accompanied Queen Beatrix but i think that was because she was widowed and before Prince Claus often could not accompany her because of health issues.

Evidence of this is the fact that, for example, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra will not attend the Annual Gala for Stortinget on October 27th

Evidence of this is the fact that, for example, Princess Ingrid-Alexandra will not attend the Annual Gala for Stortinget on October 27th

I don't think Elisabeth of Belgium has attended a state banquet either.

However, the rules applied in one monarchy don't necessary apply elsewhere (for example, some countries expect their (female) heirs to attend military training, others -including the Netherlands- do not). And Ingrid-Alexandra is still in secondary school while Catharina-Amalia graduated from secondary school more than a year ago and started university this year. So, while the same age, they are in different stages of their schooling.

Nonetheless, I'd say it is more likely that she does not attend than that she does attend. Maybe in the future an exception is made for royal incoming state visits. There is no need for her to accompany her parents on outgoing state visits, unless Máxima would for some reason not be available to join her husband.

However, the rules applied in one monarchy don't necessary apply elsewhere (for example, some countries expect their (female) heirs to attend military training, others -including the Netherlands- do not). And Ingrid-Alexandra is still in secondary school while Catharina-Amalia graduated from secondary school more than a year ago and started university this year. So, while the same age, they are in different stages of their schooling.

Nonetheless, I'd say it is more likely that she does not attend than that she does attend. Maybe in the future an exception is made for royal incoming state visits. There is no need for her to accompany her parents on outgoing state visits, unless Máxima would for some reason not be available to join her husband.

Elisabeth still not, but I hope she will attend on future

And Ingrid Aelxandra is still the second in line and not yet the Crown Princess like Amalia and Elisabeth

And Ingrid Aelxandra is still the second in line and not yet the Crown Princess like Amalia and Elisabeth

Strange, William at time he was second inline, attended state banquets...
:confused:

Strange, William at time he was second inline, attended state banquets...
:confused:

William only started to attend state banquets in the last few years, for many years it was the Queen, Prince Philip, Charles and Camilla. If my memory serves me right, the first state banquet he attended was then the Chinese Premier visited in 2015.

Today Elisabeth turned 21. And I think she's now able to attend State Banquets

The Dutch Royal Court published the programme of the Italian State Visit:

Wednesday, 9 November
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will officially welcome the Italian President and Ms Mattarella on Dam Square in Amsterdam. After the delegations have been introduced, an inspection of the guard of honour will take place.

The first day of the state visit will conclude with a state banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam, at which the King and the Italian President will both give a speech.

Thursday, 10 November
On the second day of the visit, President Mattarella will lay a wreath at The Hague 1940-1945 War Memorial. After this, he will visit the States General, where he will meet with the President of the Senate, Jan Anthonie Bruijn, and the President of the House of Representatives, Vera Bergkamp. Prime Minister Mark Rutte will then welcome President Mattarella to the Binnenhof for a lunch with the government. The lunch will also be attended by the King and Queen.

In the evening President and Ms Mattarella will host a musical performance by Beatrice and Ludovica Rana at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. Following the concert, the King and Queen will take leave of Sergio and Laura Mattarella.

Friday, 11 November
On Friday, the President and Ms Mattarella will visit the provincial offices in Maastricht as part of the celebrations of the 30th anniversary of the Maastricht Treaty. At a public event they will be welcomed by the King’s Commissioner in the province of Limburg Emile Roemer, mayor of Maastricht Annemarie Penn-te Strake, and President of Maastricht University Rianne Leschert. President Mattarella will give a speech on the importance of cooperation within the European Union and visit the exhibition on the Maastricht Treaty. The event will be organised by Studio Europa Maastricht.

President Mattarella will end his visit in Heerlen, where he will be welcomed by the city’s mayor Roel Wever. They will visit the Thermenmuseum, a Roman archaeological museum which houses the best preserved Roman bathhouse in the Netherlands. Southern Limburg was part of the Roman Empire between 50 BC and 450 AD.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the daughter of the president there as well. She must be a great support to her father.

That is big ceremonial display. Apparently the President was firstly welcomed at the Amsterdam Marine Etablissement (a military compound inside the city) and transported to Dam Square. The residents were warned by the municipality for 21 thundering gunshots to be fired from the Marine Etablissement, in honour of the guest.

The version with pearls on top was used by Princess beatrix at her wedding day
Yes then she had all pearls on tiop also on the smaller prongs. And the same version as today was worn by her at her last tiara Event as Queen on the evening before her abdication.

Princess Beatrix also attended the State Banquet. She wore the aquamarine tiara.

Maxima wears the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara, Beatrix with the Aquamarine Tiara and Margriet wearing the Laurel Wreath Tiara

Back
Top Bottom