State Visit from Tanzania to Norway, 13-14 February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingen

Serene Highness
City
Kristianstad
Country
Sweden
Her Excellency The President of the Republic of Tanzania, Samia Suluhu Hassan, will pay a State Visit to Norway on 13-14 February 2024, upon invitation of His Majesty The King. The state visit will acknowledge the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations between The countries.

Because of the weather the welcome ceremony has been moved inside the royal palace. Im curious how they make that work, its not that big.

A cold winters day for the start of the State Visit , i noticed Princess Astrid is in a wheelchair during the Welcoming Ceremony at the palace.

Do we have any pictures from the state banquet yet?

Do we have any pictures from the state banquet yet?

Queen Sonja in a gown from 1991, pink. With the big diamond and pearl tiara and usually pairing with pearl earrings, pearl choker and another row of pearls and the Drapers pearl brooch.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit in the amethyst tiara and with necklace. Her own long diamond earrings with amethyst. Never done like this before.

Princess Astrid mrs. Ferner with the golden tiara from Pauline of Nassau. Bad pictures still...

Where's Mette-Marit? Is she attending, no photos of her unfortunately

Queen Sonja in a gown from 1991, pink. With the big diamond and pearl tiara and usually pairing with pearl earrings, pearl choker and another row of pearls and the Drapers pearl brooch.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit in the amethyst tiara and with necklace. Her own long diamond earrings with amethyst. Never done like this before.

Princess Astrid mrs. Ferner with the golden tiara from Pauline of Nassau. Bad pictures still...

Thank you for sharing. Queen Sonja looks good.

A few pictures from the state banquet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see that Mette-Marit is well enough to take part in the state visit.

I am surprised by the grand jewels chosen for a state visit from a non-European republic, but I guess the Norwegians do not hold back on state events.

Haakon looks very absent in the picture with his mother.

Great to see that Mette-Marit is well enough to take part in the state visit.

I am surprised by the grand jewels chosen for a state visit from a non-European republic, but I guess the Norwegians do not hold back on state events.

Why would any host country hold back? A state visit is the highest honour and the hosts have rolled out their best and finest to honour their guest. It would be entirely condescending to tone it down because their guest is from an African republic.

Why would any host country hold back? A state visit is the highest honour and the hosts have rolled out their best and finest to honour their guest. It would be entirely condescending to tone it down because their guest is from an African republic.

Well, other royal houses do, and not only with African presidents.

For example, if I recall it correctly, when the Brazilian president Lula da Silva visited Denmark, Queen Margrethe II wore the Baden Palmette, which is one of her "smaller" tiaras.

Queen Letizia also wore Queen Maria Cristina's Floral Tiara at the state dinners for the presidents of Peru and Colombia, and bigger tiaras when she hosted the presidents of China, Portugal, and Italy. To be fair, she wore the Fleur de Lys though for the incoming Argentinian state visit.

Last edited:
The second day of the state visit today, February 14, started with Crown Prince Haakon and President Samia Suluhu Hassan visiting the Oslo Energy Forum, where Crown Prince Haakon had an extra meeting with the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate of the United States John Kerry.

** anp gallery **

Later King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princes Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid attended the Government's luncheon in honour of President Samia Suluhu Hassan.

** rex gallery **

And the final event was the attendance of Crown Prince Haakon and President Samia Suluhu Hassan at the seminar "Tanzania-Norway collaboration on Climate and Food Security" at Klimahuset in Oslo this afternoon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom