Danish State Visit to Norway: May 14 - 15, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to the introductory state visit of King Frederik X and Queen Mary of Denmark to Norway.

It will take place from May 14 to May 15, 2024, the Danish court announced today.

When The King and The Queen travel on Their Majesties’ first official state visit to Sweden at the beginning of May, it will, at the same time, kick off a major tour around the Northern region. After the visit to Sweden, a state visit to Norway follows, after which The King and The Queen will visit the Faroe Islands and Greenland in June and July.

The first state visits will provide the occasion for the new King and Queen to meet with the sovereigns in Sweden and Norway, and they will thus mark the close relations between the Nordic monarchies.

** kongehuset: The King and The Queen to visit Sweden, Norway, The Faroe Islands and Greenland **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
Will Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus attend the State Visit?

Statement from the Royal House of Norway:
At the invitation of Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja, Their Majesties King Frederik and Queen Mary will visit Norway on 14 and 15 May 2024.

The visit is the Danish royal couple's first to Norway after the change of throne and marks the close relations between Denmark and Norway.

The royal ship Dannebrog will be the residence of the Danish royal couple during their visit. The program is still being planned and more information about the program will be announced at a later date.
https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=225223&sek=112472

Will Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus attend the State Visit?

I don’t think so as Ingrid is in the military and Magnus has his studies… It will most likely be King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Märtha Louise, and if her health permits Princess Astrid

I don’t think so as Ingrid is in the military and Magnus has his studies… It will most likely be King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Märtha Louise, and if her health permits Princess Astrid

Will Märtha Louise participate without her fiancé?

Will Märtha Louise participate without her fiancé?

She did so during the dutch state visit so i suppose she will this time too.

She is a Knight of the Order of the Elephant since QMII’s state visit in 1992 so i’m sure she will be there.

But she's not royal working anymore?

The scandinavian royals are very very close so i’m pretty sure that doesn’t matter in this case

Last edited:

She was only there for that because she's friends with W-A and Maxima.

....although she has known Fred even longer than that, so, yeah, who knows.

I hope to see everyone there, but not Shaman Durek.

Also hope that Crown Princess Mette-Marit upgrade some of her jewels. But likely not gonna happen. Anyways the relation between the Norwegian and Danish royal families are very close. So this will be fun to follow. And probably broadcasted alot in NRK.

Wasn't that before her full withdrawal from official duties in November 2022?

Yes it was on 9-11 November 2021.

But the scandinavian royal families are very very close to each other so i fully expect everyone who is geographically available to attend the banquets and eventual return receptions.

Looking forward to the State Visit. The King Frederik and Queen Mary will celebrate their 20th anniversary in Norway.

When Ingrid has finnished her recruit period which she will in March/april she has the right to 20 days free during the year of service which can usually be taken when you want as long as it fits the service plan you have. The red days (national day on May 17) is also usually a day of in the military so one could hope she would be there when the King is her godfather, but all in all not likely considering she did not even show up for Nobel which was in the weekend and she was living in Oslo

Sverre Magnus even less likely considering he is then Russ and working on final exams.

I have given up hope they will ever take out the Queen Maud diamond tiara, probably Mette-Marit will wear her tiny bandau. With the exception of Victorias wedding when she out blinged her self, she had never considered royal visits or big paty an occasion to bring out the bling, just look at the coronation….

I have given up hope they will ever take out the Queen Maud diamond tiara, probably Mette-Marit will wear her tiny bandau. With the exception of Victorias wedding when she out blinged her self, she had never considered royal visits or big paty an occasion to bring out the bling, just look at the coronation….

I don’t think Mette-Marit likes big jewellery…. Everyone can’t be a Maxima who probably sleeps in the house diamonds :lol:

But i do wish she would wear the Pearl Tiara in the smaller version more often, when Queen Sonja is wearing her other tiaras…

Unfortunately the coronation did not allow for big Jewels we don't know in what she would have appeared would it have been a white tie Event.

I don’t think Mette-Marit likes big jewellery…. Everyone can’t be a Maxima who probably sleeps in the house diamonds :lol:

But i do wish she would wear the Pearl Tiara in the smaller version more often, when Queen Sonja is wearing her other tiaras…

but then please in a proper way and not like at the Wedding in 2010 when the tiara looked like a mess

but then please in a proper way and not like at the Wedding in 2010 when the tiara looked like a mess

I never understood why she wore it like that… The tiara looked like someone had dropped it on the pavement and they didn’t have time to fix it

It'll be nice if King Frederick and Queen Mary go to Norway by the royal yacht.

She was only there for that because she's friends with W-A and Maxima.

....although she has known Fred even longer than that, so, yeah, who knows.
After she ceased to be a member of the Royal House in 2002, Märtha hasn't participated in state visits from republics. She has, however, attended the gala dinners during state visits from European monarchies, i.e. the state visits from Spain in 2006, Luxembourg in 2011, and the Netherlands in 2010 and 2021.
She has also attended the gala dinners during the official visits from Sweden in 2005 and the UK in 2012 and 2018.

But that was before her full withdrawal from official duties in 2022, so a bit unsure whether she will be invited to attend this time.

Back
Top Bottom