State Visit from the President of South Korea: November 21 - 23, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
The upcoming state visit by the President of the Republic of Korea and his wife has been announced by Buckingham Palace today, September 26.

It will take place in November 2023, the exact dates will be released at a later date.

The President of the Republic of Korea, His Excellency Yoon Suk Yeol, accompanied by Mrs Kim Keon Hee, has accepted an invitation from His Majesty The King to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom in November.

The King and Queen will host the State Visit at Buckingham Palace.

** royal.uk: State Visit by the President of the Republic of Korea **

Last edited:
Whilst specific dates for the state visit haven't been announced yet, my guess is that the visit will be at the end of November, possibly 28-30 November. The South Korean party are scheduled to have a state visit to the Netherlands in early December.

Looking forward to the State Visit, tiara events have become scare in the UK!

Looking forward to the State Visit, tiara events have become scare in the UK!

Me too! Do we know for sure there will be tiaras? Because the French state visit turned out to be black tie.

Me too! Do we know for sure there will be tiaras? Because the French state visit turned out to be black tie.

That was an outgoing State Visit from the UK to France, this one is sn incoming State Visit from South Korea to the UK.
The King and Queen are the hosts in the UK.

Will William and Kate finally receiving a foreign order?

If The President decides so…. Crown Princess Victoria did recive the Grand Gwangwha Medal of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit during the South Korean State Visit to Sweden in 2019… But that was done by the former president Moon Jae-in

Does Charles III an Korean order?

They would probably have got a dutch and a spanish order if the brits would be not so stingy with their Orders and had been given one to the respective Queens.

Live feed of the arrival ceremony:

Here's a video from earlier with the Prince and Princess of Wales

The Duke of Gloucester has accompanied The President and First Lady of the Republic of Korea, as they lay a wreath at the Korean War Memorial in London.

The memorial honours the 81,000 individuals who served in the Korean War, seventy years on since the truce was signed.

Official gifts from TM's

I know there were many who did not like Camilla having her dogs and children's names embroidered on her coronation gown but she has gifted the First Lady a pashmina with the national flower of Korea and the First Lady's dogs named embroidered on it. I find that to be quite a sweet and personal gift.

The Kitchens at BP have been busy putting finishing touches to dishes that will be served at tonight’s State Banquet.

These centre pieces, crafted out of sugar, represent the Hibiscus Syriacus, the national flower of the Republic of Korea, and will be presented alongside petit fours.

No order exchange?

Kate with a different tiara, hallelujah!

Catherine is wearing a different tiara. And she's using Queen Elisabeth II's RFO.

Camilla in the Burmese rubies !!!!

Catherine is wearing a different tiara. And she's using Queen Elisabeth II's RFO.
Again, no new Charles III RF order. I guess that was it with Family Orders for the british royal family...!

Back
Top Bottom