Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah has helped packing Christmas presents for the community and families of Burnley and Hoylake this afternoon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

My "good book to read" radar is telling me. "ummmm. no." :D

My "good book to read" radar is telling me. "ummmm. no." :D

If it was another one of her self help or autobiographies I'd agree.

But her other books have been quite good. So far mainly kids/young adult books and some history.

I think its worth a read just to see how she does at adult fiction.

Well.. then... maybe. I do have a supplier where I can get books for the price of a Starbuck's coffee so maybe when it's dirt cheap there, I'll give it a go. I've been building up my stack of "books to read" lately as it's pretty much a given that I'll be starting dialysis in 2021 and will have to sit 3-4 hours a few times a week. I'll need books to inhale. I do like historical fiction books. :D

Now the world knows where my stimulus check is being spent. That and shopping for a good medical alert bracelet.

The title of Sarah's new book is Her Heart For A Compass, which will be published in August 2021 by Mills & Boon (UK) and William Morrow (US). There is a video trailer for the book.

Sarah Ferguson @SarahTheDuchess
I’m delighted to announce my first historical romance novel, #HerHeartForACompass, published in August by @MillsandBoon (UK) and @WmMorrowBooks (US)!
Set in the Victorian era, the book is about daring to follow your heart against the odds. Pre-order UK: http://smarturl.it/HerHeartForACompass
7:55 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

The title of Sarah's new book is Her Heart For A Compass, which will be published in August 2021 by Mills & Boon (UK) and William Morrow (US). There is a video trailer for the book.

Sarah Ferguson @SarahTheDuchess
I’m delighted to announce my first historical romance novel, #HerHeartForACompass, published in August by @MillsandBoon (UK) and @WmMorrowBooks (US)!
Set in the Victorian era, the book is about daring to follow your heart against the odds. Pre-order UK: http://smarturl.it/HerHeartForACompass
7:55 PM · Jan 13, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

I happen to be a romance novelist, so I'll for sure be checking this out when it's available!

Sorry but it won’t be on my reading list. I can’t say I see much literary merit in Mills & Boon romances, but ‘horses for courses’. Somehow I suspect it won’t make it on to the Duchess of Cornwall’s list for her new reading group.

Please note that this thread is exclusively for the Current Events of Sarah, Duchess of York.

ALL discussion pertaining to to the recent Oprah Interview may take place in the Duke & Duchess of Sussex - Interview with Oprah thread.

Posts about the present relations between the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York have been moved here.

Sarah has lit a candle for the Day of Reflection yesterday, March 23:

** Pic **

A quote from Moonmaiden23 that was on the Wessex thread:

It was an embarrassing, ill-advised move when Sarah did it as well. One of too many to count during her public life in fact.

But while she did whinge about being snubbed for the Cambridge wedding, she did not attack the BRF. She did not assert that she had been driven to suicide ideation by her association with them. She didn't say that they snubbed her and threw her to the wolves.

And she did not take the British tabloids to task for their truly vicious treatment-the worst i have ever seen in fact- during her time in the BRF.

As a matter of fact, she now seems to be a true ally of at least one of the veteran tabloid journos, Piers Morgan.

Sarah provided enough colorful antics on her own over the years to be a fixture in the red-tops, even in the staid broadsheet press. However, IMHO, there seems to be a tacit understanding by the the press that maybe it's been enough already.

People aren't interested in Sarah any more other than the lateset shindig with Epstein. Its all been said already.. and the press have moved on to newer younger people. She doesn't attack the RF directly because she is still living iwth Andrew and still has some relationship left with the queen...

"The perfect ending to our Saturday!!! Today, we met the lovely Sarah Ferguson ;))) I have always wanted to meet her since watching her Royal Wedding as a little girl - she’s indeed a lovely lady !! Looking forwards to tuning to her reading children’s stories "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQB69B5r-7O/

I don't think she and Andrew are a "couple" anymore. She did write a tell all book and was on Larry King a few times talking about the royals. She did a reality show for Oprah as well.

I don't think she and Andrew are a "couple" anymore. She did write a tell all book and was on Larry King a few times talking about the royals. She did a reality show for Oprah as well.

I doubt she and Andrew are a couple in the traditional sense (especially if security is blasé about letting women through) but whatever they have seems to work for them. Royal Lodge is also so big that both could have their own space and rarely see each other if necessary.

She was very indiscreet in the past but in the last few years whenever I've seen her pop up on TV in the UK its usually to promote whatever project she's involved with or one of her charities.

Her chat with Oprah wasn't a good idea but I don't think it was an actual reality series more of a "royal special" of her usual show IIRC.

I doubt she and Andrew are a couple in the traditional sense (especially if security is blasé about letting women through) but whatever they have seems to work for them. Royal Lodge is also so big that both could have their own space and rarely see each other if necessary.

She was very indiscreet in the past but in the last few years whenever I've seen her pop up on TV in the UK its usually to promote whatever project she's involved with or one of her charities.

Her chat with Oprah wasn't a good idea but I don't think it was an actual reality series more of a "royal special" of her usual show IIRC.

well they are a couple in that they live in the same house and clearly have a relationship of mutual support and money chasing...

Sarah did film a six part reality series called "Finding Sarah" that aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Sarah did film a six part reality series called "Finding Sarah" that aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Right I had forgotten that. And of course she was involved in the cash for access scandal with Andrew and other things, though she has calmed down with that in the last few years.

None of that has any baring on whatever sort of private relationship she and Andrew have currently. But it would if they got remarried again of course.

Right I had forgotten that. And of course she was involved in the cash for access scandal with Andrew and other things, though she has calmed down with that in the last few years.

None of that has any baring on whatever sort of private relationship she and Andrew have currently. But it would if they got remarried again of course.

erm I dont think that Sarah ever stops needing money and looking for it with dubious people, just as Andrew does.....

erm I dont think that Sarah ever stops needing money and looking for it with dubious people, just as Andrew does.....

No I would imagine they still need money but most of her more recent TV appearances seem to have been promoting her charities and not flogging her royal connections for money.

What's going on privately with their more dubious connections I don't know. I presume we might well find out at some point.

No I would imagine they still need money but most of her more recent TV appearances seem to have been promoting her charities and not flogging her royal connections for money.

What's going on privately with their more dubious connections I don't know. I presume we might well find out at some point.

well I dont want to bring up the Epstein scandal, but I understand that she had borrowed a large sum of money from him. She is probalby being more careful now, She and Andrew have both been stuck in the UK and hes stuck at Royal Lodge...so she may be being careful abut any dubious financial dealings and trying to look like she's engaged largely in charity work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom