The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2020, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Sarah was given some money, as part of her divorce settlement to buy a home, but no home has ever been bought. I have no idea what has happened to that money but in the normal course of events it can't be spent on anything else other than what it was given to the spouse for ....
A home was purchased for Sarah with that money. Birch Hall in Surrey was purchased in 1998, Sarah refused to move into it saying she couldn't afford to keep it up, and it was sold in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/23/9

Old 05-31-2020, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmm a house worth £1.5million to live in...didn't Sarah once say she got little in the divorce? Clearly she's always had a bit of an issue with money and its worth.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Birch Hall is stunning and would have been a perfect home for Sarah to have lived with her children. But it would have indeed required a substantial amount of money for upkeep.

What I will never understand is why Andrew and Sarah did not purchase a home like Birch Hall after their wedding. HMQ offered them their choice of a home as a wedding gift and instead of choosing a beautiful stately historic estate, they squandered millions on the construction of ugly (imo) Sunninghill Park aka "SouthYork".

Which today lies abandoned and in ruins.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-31-2020, 08:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

IIRC Sunninghill Park was bulldozed after Andrew sold it to a friend/developer etc.

LaRae
Old 05-31-2020, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Here’s a link about Sunninghill Parks demolition - it appears the billionaire who purchased it has erected his replacement mansion after demolishing the one the York’s built. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...RGER-home.html
Old 05-31-2020, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
A home was purchased for Sarah with that money. Birch Hall in Surrey was purchased in 1998, Sarah refused to move into it saying she couldn't afford to keep it up, and it was sold in 1999: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/23/9
If I recall correctly, the money was for a house purchased by a trust in Beatrice and Eugenie's names, and Sarah would have been allowed to live there with her daughters. Sarah did not own it personally, and was not given money for her living expenses. I could be mis-remembering, but that's what I recall reading at the time of the divorce.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

This article states that Andrew says the Queen will not pay off his chalet debt. https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-and...133629234.html
The claim is that the chalet is on the market & the sale should pay off the debt which he and Sarah failed to pay in Dec. 2019. Given that the York’s previous property Sunninghill languished on the market w/out a buyer for several years, I don’t blame the former owner of the chalet for suing the Yorks for their breach of contract, particularly given Sarah’s track record of not honoring her debts - which has become something of a lifestyle for Sarah.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Hmm a house worth £1.5million to live in...didn't Sarah once say she got little in the divorce? Clearly she's always had a bit of an issue with money and its worth.
The problem with the Divorce settlement was she didn't got. Consider they had similar pre-nups if is understandable. But Diana was able to get a piece of Charles stocks, bonds and properties. Andrew's just didn't have these.
Take that into consideration that she really wanted to live it up when she was in American and you can see why the money didn't last and she run up debts.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
If I recall correctly, the money was for a house purchased by a trust in Beatrice and Eugenie's names, and Sarah would have been allowed to live there with her daughters. Sarah did not own it personally, and was not given money for her living expenses. I could be mis-remembering, but that's what I recall reading at the time of the divorce.
That's how I remember reading it, too.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Last week Their Royal Highnesses @yorkiebea and Princess Eugenie joined a group of young people we have supported @TheChristieNHS for a special Zoom call.

Their Royal Highnesses led a fascinating conversation on the challenges young people face during the Coronavirus crisis."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278221803857510400
Old 07-09-2020, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Here's an article about Beatrice and Eugenie's video call with Teenage Cancer Trust Award winners:

** dm: Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice become tearful during emotional video call with an award-winning fundraiser...**
Old 09-23-2020, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Eugenie and Beatrice were seen out in London last night, September 22:

** gettyimages ** dailymail article **
Old 09-30-2020, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Eugenie and her brother-in-law Edoardo were out for lunch in London yesterday:

** dm article: Blooming lovely! Pregnant Princess Eugenie is elegant in a black dress that skims over her baby bump as she joins..**
Old 09-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Nobility

Early 2021,would mean January. I am dreaming ,it would be Jan 1st one minute after midnight. As the 1st infant born in 2021.,but I think I am off for a few weeks.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Camilla Tominey, Associated Editor and royal correspondent of The Telegraph has written a piece about Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, particularly on family life. The article is behind the paywall. There is collage of three pictures in near the heading: Eugenie and Jack's wedding, Beatrice and Eugenie in school uniform with Sarah, Duchess of York behind them, Beatrice and Edoardo's wedding. This collage has the caption, "First marriage and now motherhood beckon as the ninth and tenth in line to the throne continue to carve a path outside of ‘The Firm’."

The princesses in motherland: how Beatrice and Eugenie are embracing family life
As Eugenie announces her pregnancy and Beatrice enjoys stepmotherhood, the York sisters are starting their own happy families at last

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...g-family-life/
Old 10-01-2020, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
Early 2021,would mean January. I am dreaming ,it would be Jan 1st one minute after midnight. As the 1st infant born in 2021.,but I think I am off for a few weeks.
I would say February and March also count as "early 2021"!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Courtier

I saw the second picture in a Tatler article with Sarah, Duchess of York taking Princess Princess Eugenie and Zenouska Mowatt to school in 1992 (11th September). I do think by "school", it probably means a nursery that is part of a school. The Tatler article itself was talking about Zenouska Mowatt.

Link to the Tatler article: https://www.tatler.com/article/who-is-zenouska-mowatt

I also found two pictures on Getty Image
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...?adppopup=true
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...?adppopup=true

Princess Eugenie (23rd March 1990) and Zenouska Mowatt (26th May 1990) are born only around two months apart
Old 10-16-2020, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Princess Eugenie has released some photos on her instagram, celebrating her mother's (Sarah, Duchess of York) birthday
@princesseugenie Verified
Happy Birthday to my dear mumsy... ⁣
You are one of a kind.⁣
There were too many pictures to choose from that show how completely unique you are. ⁣
🎉🎊🎉🎊
16h
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXRK26Fj9O/
Old 12-18-2020, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie participated in a video meeting for the Teenage Cancer Trust:

Dailymail article

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson