Royal & Celebrity Dream Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which royal couples do you want to see get married?
For me, I want to see Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy get married.They seem sooo much in love.

Me too! Harry and Chelsy seem very happy and very in love:wub:

I would like to see Gustav and Carina get married

Stephanie should marry that circus guy.

Adans Lopez Peres? The Portuguese circus acrobat? She already married and divorced him.

1st spouse Daniel Ducruet
Marriage 1 October 1995
Divorce 4 October 1996
Children: Louis Ducruet and Pauline Ducruet (both born out of wedlock but afterwards recognized by marriage)

Relationship with Raymond Gottlieb
Child: Camille Kelly (born out of wedlock, not recognized, given the maternal surname and not in the line of succession)

2nd spouse Adans Lopez Peres
Marriage: 12 September 2003
Divorce: 24 November 2004

Definately Aimone of Italy-Aosta and Olga of Greece. They are just killing me with the present long engagement (and cancellation I fear). As this is the only royal-royal marriage that might be happening it is the one I look forward to the most. A wedding for the Brazilian Pedro-Luiz and his Austrian Archcuchess would be nice too.

I don't. I prefer to see the future King to marry at least someone with a noble ancestry. That is what monarchy and nobility is all about.

That is also why I'm disappointed in all the Letizias and Mette-Marits and Máximas ibvading the ancient and illustrious Houses and come into the footsteps of their forebearers who once were Grand Duchesses, Princesses, Archduchesses, whatever.

:flowers:

I have to agree with you Henri. What is happening is that in a couple of generations there will BE NO MORE true nobility...it's gonna be commoners marrying commoners and calling themselves royal. I am not saying these are not fine young women. But a divorcee on the Spanish throne? And gulp-an unwed mother and former party girl as Queen of Norway? I am underwhelmed with the lot, to be honest. And if this trend continues, they might just as well abolish ALL royal houses because there is going to be NOTHING to separate them from their subjects as far as blood lines. Unpopular and snobbish opinion? Of course it is, but I think it's the truth.

This Daniel guy owns a string of health clubs. Well fine. But as the spouse of the Queen of Sweden? And before I forget, we have a French actress-albeit a lovely one-who came pregnant to the altar to marry the heir to once great House of Savoy(the same Royal house which was one the guardian of the Holy Shroud of Turin)

As for Kate Middleton...well. Her last name says it all for me. She'd be fine for some minor princeling somewhere I suppose. But the future King of England?

Last edited:
My choice and hope is Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and Diane Alvares de Melo, Duchess de Cadaval.

They have been together a couple of years and make a gorgeous couple, not to mention that they seem crazy about one another.

We'd have a TRULY ROYAL marriage with these two, which unfortunately is becoming increasingly rare.

I want to see Albert of Monaco make Charlene Wittstock an honest woman. She is only an Olympic swimmer but she is quite of step up for old Albert considering the baggage he is carrying. It's time for him to do his duty and provide an Grimaldi heir.

I actually don´t like the Diane de Cadaval and Charles-Phillipe relationship at all. It appears too convinient for both of them and (for what it´s worth) I personally favour her elder sister Rosalinda as THE Duchess of Cadaval, such a marriage will probably harder Dom Duarte´s stance in the matter (a most arrogant one IMHO, implying that a religious marriage is more worth than a civil one) and will make her claim slim even more.

Apart from that Charles-Phillipe seems to be a spoiled brat (note the ´seems´ btw) ;).

-
Diane de Cadaval isn´t a royal btw but a noble woman.

Actually, Henri M and Californiadreamin, I don't agree with you - for 2 reasons. It is very important that Royal Marriages are happy and compatable in this day and age, where wives will not sit quietly by, producing heirs, while their husbands have mistresses. It worked in the past (e.g. in UK, Edward VII and his long-suffering wife Queen Alexandra) but not nowadays (see Charles and Diana). Marrying out seems to have been a success with King Harald of Norway, and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden, and I think that both Sonia and Sylvia have become royal and enhanced the Royal House. (BTW, Queen Victoria was remarkably relaxed about what her German relations considered 'unequal' marriages. Her daughter, Louse, married a non-Royal Duke (of Argyll) without any loss of status. And, even more importantly, She was very happy for both her grandsons (Albert Victor and then George V) to be married to Mary of Teck. Mary was the grandchild of of morganatic marriage in the Royal House of Wuerttemberg. This marriage lost her grandfather the right to be King of Wuerrtenberg, but it didn't stop her becoming Queen Consort of the UK (note: England does not equal UK - it is only a part of it!), and Empress Consort of India.

Secondly, I think some Royal Families were beginning to run out of steam genetically by so much intermarriage. It really is better that new and healthy blood is brought in. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as we say, and it certainly seems to me that, so far, the new Crown Princesses are adapting well and taking on their role with commitment. Personally, I think Kate Middleton showed all the right dignity, modesty, and discretion that one would look for in William's wife. Just because you have 'blue blood' does not give you these attributes. Also, Kings such as Edward VI of England, Henry XVIII of England, and James VII (of Scotland) and II (of England), have all married out of the 'top drawer' without any hint that they might have lost their right to the throne. Also, Edward VIII abdicated because the country was unlikely to accept a twice divorced American, not because she was not Royal. Actually, if she hadn't been divorced, there would probably have been only a passing problem with her being American and of a slightly shady past.

I actually don´t like the Diane de Cadaval and Charles-Phillipe relationship at all. It appears too convinient for both of them and (for what it´s worth) I personally favour her elder sister Rosalinda as THE Duchess of Cadaval, such a marriage will probably harder Dom Duarte´s stance in the matter (a most arrogant one IMHO, implying that a religious marriage is more worth than a civil one) and will make her claim slim even more.

Apart from that Charles-Phillipe seems to be a spoiled brat (note the ´seems´ btw) ;).

-
Diane de Cadaval isn´t a royal btw but a noble woman.

Charles-Philippe is a SPOILED BRAT!? Do tell...hee hee heee! She does seem older than him but she is younger by about four or five years. In all the pictures I have seen of them, they SEEM ideal together.

In the latest issue of Point de Vue, there is an article where she is interviewed about the restoration of the family castle. There is no mention of CP or pictures of him.

BTW..if that is Dom Duarte's stance re: civil marriage vs a religious one I happen to agree with it. As a Catholic, it is the marriage in the Church before God which is the one that counts, IMO.

Last edited:
Actually, Henri M and Californiadreamin, I don't agree with you - for 2 reasons. It is very important that Royal Marriages are happy and compatable in this day and age, where wives will not sit quietly by, producing heirs, while their husbands have mistresses. It worked in the past (e.g. in UK, Edward VII and his long-suffering wife Queen Alexandra) but not nowadays (see Charles and Diana). Marrying out seems to have been a success with King Harald of Norway, and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden, and I think that both Sonia and Sylvia have become royal and enhanced the Royal House. (BTW, Queen Victoria was remarkably relaxed about what her German relations considered 'unequal' marriages. Her daughter, Louse, married a non-Royal Duke (of Argyll) without any loss of status. And, even more importantly, She was very happy for both her grandsons (Albert Victor and then George V) to be married to Mary of Teck. Mary was the grandchild of of morganatic marriage in the Royal House of Wuerttemberg. This marriage lost her grandfather the right to be King of Wuerrtenberg, but it didn't stop her becoming Queen Consort of the UK (note: England does not equal UK - it is only a part of it!), and Empress Consort of India.

Secondly, I think some Royal Families were beginning to run out of steam genetically by so much intermarriage. It really is better that new and healthy blood is brought in. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as we say, and it certainly seems to me that, so far, the new Crown Princesses are adapting well and taking on their role with commitment. Personally, I think Kate Middleton showed all the right dignity, modesty, and discretion that one would look for in William's wife. Just because you have 'blue blood' does not give you these attributes. Also, Kings such as Edward VI of England, Henry XVIII of England, and James VII (of Scotland) and II (of England), have all married out of the 'top drawer' without any hint that they might have lost their right to the throne. Also, Edward VIII abdicated because the country was unlikely to accept a twice divorced American, not because she was not Royal. Actually, if she hadn't been divorced, there would probably have been only a passing problem with her being American and of a slightly shady past.

These young women are indeed adapting to their roles well(for the most part. I still have SERIOUS doubts about Mette-Marit but that is another story) But if the trend to marry "down" continues into the next two or three generations and let's say William and Kate's son marries a commoner, who marries a commoner, who marries another commoner, what will be the point of "Royalty" that isn't really Royal at all?? They might as well abolish the lot and declare a Republic. I am old-fashioned enough to believe that Royalty SHOULd have some Royal or noble bloodlines.

Prince Albert should marry Charlene Wittsock at long last.
Wills should marry Kate.
Harry marry Chelsea......

Prince William should Marry Kate Albert II Should marry Charlene

William and Kate & Madeleine of Sweden and her fiance. Victoria and Daniel have set the date, so they don't count here, right? :rolleyes:

I don't. I prefer to see the future King to marry at least someone with a noble ancestry. That is what monarchy and nobility is all about.

That is also why I'm disappointed in all the Letizias and Mette-Marits and Máximas ibvading the ancient and illustrious Houses and come into the footsteps of their forebearers who once were Grand Duchesses, Princesses, Archduchesses, whatever.

:flowers:

These young women are indeed adapting to their roles well(for the most part. I still have SERIOUS doubts about Mette-Marit but that is another story) But if the trend to marry "down" continues into the next two or three generations and let's say William and Kate's son marries a commoner, who marries a commoner, who marries another commoner, what will be the point of "Royalty" that isn't really Royal at all?? They might as well abolish the lot and declare a Republic. I am old-fashioned enough to believe that Royalty SHOULd have some Royal or noble bloodlines.

I'm sorry but what if a royal prince doesn't fall in love with a royal princess? or vis versa?

I count 24 reigning royal families, the ones I call real royals.
The six main european houses have no girls left to marry, so we'll have to wait for Williams children to possible fall in love with Ingrid-Alexandra or Isabella of Denmark. Bearing in mind the age gap.

There are plenty of aristocracy who would love to marry the princes, but unless they are in a situation where they meet a prince, they stand little chance.

What makes royal bloodlines "royal"?

Hi, CaliforniaDreamin. Maybe you and/or Henri could help me understand your position. I've researched the origins of many of the more prominent royal houses and as far as I can tell, most of the original "kings" were actually barbarian leaders or revolutionaries who broke from the Roman empire and established their own "kingdoms", which would make them no better than any other person, and certainly no better than any "commoner", making all descendants of all royal families descendants from commoners who either bought, bribed, or revolted their way into a throne. And with many of them, their titles and styles were rewards for monetary payments to the Catholic church and bestowed by the Pope.

The battles and political maneuvering that brought all of these houses into being may have been heroic, but the current day descendants don't display that same character and, in fact, many of them display behavior that could be called questionable - if not unacceptable - among most "commoner" households. I have a pretty irreverant sense of humor but I would never have even considered wearing a Nazi uniform to a costume party. And even though I have a bawdy sense of humor, if I knew a brother and two sisters who spent as much time sleeping around and conceiving children out of wedlock the way the Monaco royals do, I would call them sluts, unless I was being polite, in which case I would call them epically irresponsible.

So many people criticize Mette-Marit for poor judgement in her youth, when many "blue-bloods" such as Albert II, Bernhard, Alfonso XIII, the aforementioned Monagasques,et.al., get a pass for exactly the same thing - knowing that they were in the spotlight.

In addition, Mette-Marit has been very forthcoming about her choices and while she isn't the most professional or stylish princess, on the whole her behavior is at least as good as (if not better than) the current Savoy pretenders, the "wit" of the Duke of Edinburgh, and the social graces of the Ernst August of Hannover, himself the descendant of a Danish princess who bore a child out of wedlock seven years before being married off to a Hanoverian prince.

So why all the criticism of the current crop of commoners who have married into the royal families? The behavior is the same or better so is it just the bloodlines? Many studies have suggested that with the way the kings and queens of the past slept around creating bastards all over the place. The research suggests that the descent from them means that almost everyone is descended from royalty. It that is true, then all of us commoners have "royal" blood and that criticism is faulty.

I don't intend to sound argumentative (but it reads like I do). I'm just really curious about the attitude that royals should only marry royals. With more than 40 years of evidence to the contrary, some people speak about a "commoner" destroying a monarchy purely by marrying a royal (and this is usually only directed at women...Daniel Westling aside. No one questions whether or not Inaki Urdangarin will be the downfall of the royal house of Spain).

So please help me understand. Is my very quick internet research about the origins of current monarchies invalid? Or is there some other more convincing evidence that monarchies came into being other than some guy 1,000 years ago declaring he was a king "just because he said so"?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Rascal

William and Kate, yes, very definitely. It would be nice if the Duke and Duchess of York could get married again to each other as they are still very close and I think by now they've learned from their mistakes.

I would love to see Prince Gustav get married.He seems that type of person to not like marriage but,he's a prince and an heir!

I wouls love to see Andrea and Tatiana get married.They look serious since they have been together for so long.

Yes it would be nice to see royals marry more royals or atleast nobles but I believe the main reason to marry someone is because you love that person period no if ands or buts.

Maybe those who want royals to marry royals could play secret matchmaker. Invite them to the same parties, weddings or social events and then see what happens. Make sure they run into each other frequently but don't make it obvious. If it doesn't work out, no one will be angry or upset about it.

Don't openly try to play matchmaker because it usually will not work and what happens is unhappy people who aren't too thrilled with you and families who never speak to each other again.

Prince Gustav & Carina Axelson, definitely. It's so sad that it's probably gonna take years for them to be able to marry. They are so sweet together.

I'd love to see the Greek princes marry into some reigning royal houses.
So Prince Constantine with Princess Elisabeth of Belgium or Ingrid-Alexandra or any combination with the other siblings.

imojeen said:
Prince Harry and Charlotte Casiraghi

I don't see that at all. She's all about glamour and fashion and he seems to be a lot more low-key and down to earth.

Catherine and Charlotte could be good competitors in fashion. Harry is not low-key and down to earth to me. He is such a party boy. Harry is so cute and has good smile, Charlotte has good genes so that they can produce good babies.

Catherine and Charlotte could be good competitors in fashion. Harry is not low-key and down to earth to me. He is such a party boy. Harry is so cute and has good smile, Charlotte has good genes so that they can produce good babies.

You seem to be about the production of children in these matches.
Why is Harry a party boy to you, when was the last time you saw his partying?

I saw many photos of him like this.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NzzB5L9AP...AAAUA/MwRlr17D7dk/s400/prince-harry-grope.jpg

So, I got the impression that he is a party boy.
Yes, really I thought about the production of children,too. British Royal Family has ugly members, beautiful babies would be good for them.

Charlotte is beautiful and has good genes, Harry is so sweet. One of them Diana's son, one of them is Grace's grandaughter, they could make them a good couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom