Royal Family of Albania 2, Aug 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My goodness! What on earth is going on ??

Allegation for violence, Prince Leka's lawyer: We will demand the removal of Elias from the royal palace

Publication of images of Prince Leka's quarrel with the Zaharia family, the royal court accuses the police

Who released the footage of the violence between Prince Leka and Elia Zaharias? The police respond to the Royal Palace

Elia Zaharia reacts to the scenes of violence with Prince Leka: The conflict has nothing to do with me

A potential physical altercation is alleged to have taken place yesterday (5 March) at the Albanian royal residence in Tirana. Video of portions of the scene, filmed by Leka, have apparently been leaked to the press, possibly by the police, as it is available online. Currently, Elia Zaharia lives at the royal residence with daughter Geraldine, while Leka Zogu resides elsewhere in the capital. Both Leka and Elia have filed for protective orders against the other former spouse with the police.

Note: some of the terminology used in the articles above is not correct. For instance, Elia is not claiming that Leka tried to "rape" her father, but rather that Leka tried to "assault" him. Best to keep that in mind if you decide to read about these events. Also, I would very much not advise watching the actual video if scenes of a domestic incident will be upsetting to you!

I've seen the video... it's just awful.

Things are looking grim.

I am a bit surprised to read that Elia was still living at the Palace but if I understand it correctly, Leka will now make sure that she will have to leave the palace but will still pay rent for an apartment for her (and Geraldine) to live in?!

Leka claims that his father-in-law started the fight when he came by for a quick visit to see his daughter.

Last edited:
What's going on here? Apparently there were a lovely couple and now it's became a police case!

Elia looks very distressed in the video. It's hard to tell what exactly is going on.

Official Statement regarding the divorce of Leka and Elia.

Sad, I liked them.
People provides a translation of the divorce announcement. I wonder what Leka means by stating that 'the marriage lost its function'...

Voxnews is reporting that Leka is now in a relationship with photographer Blerta Celibashi.

A former advisor of the court confirmed in January that they started dating last fall.

Last edited:
The initial statement was made by the Albanian Royal Court.

Articles about the alleged altercation started yesterday evening in Albania.
Shocking news about the altercation!

To set the record straight, they both have restraining orders for each other, but has Leka accused his ex wife and ex father-in-law of violence? And has Elia formally accused Leka of violence against her/her father at all?

They have to respect 5 km distance. Prince Leka may see his daughter with her Nanny. Elia has to leave the royal Palace and will live in a rented place paid by Prince Leka .etc.. tumors or reality.

To set the record straight, they both have restraining orders for each other, but has Leka accused his ex wife and ex father-in-law of violence? And has Elia formally accused Leka of violence against her/her father at all?
Both Leka and Elia have received protective orders from a court earlier on Thursday whereby they must maintain a distance of 5 meters from one another.

I'm shocked beyond words! Who would have ever thought that a once loving couple would ever resort to such behavior. Disappointing

Both Leka and Elia have received protective orders from a court earlier on Thursday whereby they must maintain a distance of 5 meters from one another.

5 meters? What kind of joke is that! I read her father also asked for a restraining order but it was denied.

We have no way of knowing how this altercation started, besides the fact that Leka Zogu arrived to visit his daughter Geraldine Zogu at the royal residence, and Elia Zaharia was not there at the time of his arrival, but her father Gjergj Zaharia was, as he was watching after his granddaughter while her mother was gone. The rest is speculation.

The older man shown in the video with Leka and Elia is not her father Gjergj. He is Syla Mulosmanaj, Head of Administration of the Albanian Royal House.

After the domestic event, both Leka (accompanied by his girlfriend Blerta) and Elia (accompanied by her father) went to the police, reported the other former spouse for domestic violence, and both were granted protective orders against the other former spouse by the court this morning. They have to stay 5 meters away from each other at all times. Leka can have visitation with their shared daughter Geraldine in the presence of her nanny. Elia is not permitted, by virtue of the protective orders, to be present when Leka is visiting their daughter.

It was unwise of Leka to immediately turn that video over to the police. Although the police deny that it was leaked from within the department, Leka maintains that stance. The police are investigating how the video was released. The publication of the video on the World Wide Web has turned the family, which started with such promise in 2016, into a sad dramatic story with no happy ending.

The issue of property division has never been an issue between Leka and Elia. On 15 January, both parties signed a separation agreement that outlined specific responsibilities regarding food, housing, exercising parental rights, education, expenses, and dating. In January, Leka and Elia already agreed to the divisions of assets as well. Elia and Geraldine will eventually move to an apartment near the royal residence, which is an inherited property of Leka and thus will remain his, in Tirana. The apartment was purchased by Leka for Elia and Geraldine to have as a residence, if I am correct. Leka's lawyer Ariant Roshi stated on a TV show today: "The interpretation that his [Leka's] departure from the villa was done because there is also a third person [i.e. Blerta], I think is a bit biased. He has made sure that the girl's [Geraldine's] comfort and convenience are not disturbed, and what we have asked for is that the apartment where the girl will live is very close to the palace, so that it is inside an environment. He has been very careful."

It feels like the termination of this marriage could have been handled in a much better way. Both Leka and Elia love their daughter Geraldine. It did seem that the announcement of their separation and divorce were handled well from a public relations perspective, but this episode has been awful for the person about whom both Leka and Elia care for the most: their daughter Geraldine.

We all probably have our opinions about this particular event. Many of us have personal experience with parents who were going through a failing marriage when we were children. Our sympathy should reside with the child in this case, Geraldine, and hope that she is able to have a happy and stable relationship with both of her parents.

What an embarrassing behavior. I have seen the video and I it's even sad. Leka always seemed like the guy who has the composure. I don't know anything about Elia or her family to be able to comment it or to assume what has happened.

But, sometimes, when two different worlds collide, things like this can happen.

There are quite of bit of inconsistencies in the story. Some things are just not adding up.

1. Why was Leka recording picking up his daughter and recording the altercation? It seems as if he deliberately went there with an agenda.

2. If the altercation was between Elia's father and Leka why is the restraining order not between them but between Elia and Leka.

I love friends like Lulu Bitri thanks to her we now know that Leka committed infidelity.

"She also discovered the pain of the actress, after Leka's betrayal, and the help she received from her father Gjergj Zaharia, who also claims to have been raped by Leka."

I don't know if this is due to bad translation or what, but in this article, we can read that Leka raped her father...I mean, really.

Most translated article said the same about her father. Previously another poster already indicated that the translation is very bad. So no, her father wasn't raped but there seems to have been some physical altercation.

Back
Top Bottom