Is this interesting?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QueenElizabeth2Fan

Aristocracy
City
Freehold, New Jersey
Country
United States
I've recently discovered my own royal & noble descent, which is nice!

I'm a direct descendant of the following royals.
Please let me know of royal & noble lineage I may not be aware of.

1. King Owain The Great ("King of All Wales") (1087-1170)
2. Noble - Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl March (1287-1330)
3. Aoife, Princess of Leinster (1145-1188)
4. Is he a noble? Miles FitzWalter of Gloucester (1082-1143)
5. Æthelred The Unready & his second wife, Emma of Normandy
6. King Henry I of France (I didn't write his birth/death dates down) & his wife, Anna of Kiev (1036-1075) - via their son, "Hugh The Great" (Is that code for Henry II?)
7. Is she a noble? Adelaide of Vermandois (1059-1120)
8. Ragnhild, Princess of Dublin (1025-1076)
9. King Henry I of England (I forgot to write his birth/death dates down)
10. King David I of Scotland (1080-1153)
11. Agatha of Hungary (1018-1067), wife of Edward Ætheling "The Exile" (1016-1057)
12. Brian Boru & his wife - I read that his wife was "famous for her six marriages". I forgot to write their birth/death dates down.
13. Yesterday, I discovered a Rurik connection? Hmmmm....
14. He's not a royal or noble, but - Simon Montfort III (1121-1181)
15. Noble - Hugh de Cyfeiliog (1147-1181)
16. Attila The Hun
17. King Edward III of England
(through a few of his children) 1312-1377 - Edward III is the most recent monarch in my family tree.
18. Noble - Thurstan de Holland
19. Noble or commoner? - Piers de Lutgareshale (I hope I spelled his surname correctly)
20. A few Neville connections - from the 1200s (nothing more recent than that, although Ralph Neville, 1st Earl Westmoreland, is - until I find a more direct connection - my ancestral great-uncle)
21. (I don't know if it's true or just a family rumor) King Charles I of England (1600-1649)
22. (Possible connection - Still figuring it out) King Henry VII of England (1457-1509) via his illegitimate son, Roland de Velville (1474-1535)
23. Quite a bit of Ancient Roman ancestry, through my Welsh noble lineage. One name I remember being descended from is Roman Empress Fausta (I forget who her husband was).
24. Aleyne FitzAlan (Granddaughter of Alice di Saluzzo & daughter of the 9th Earl Arundel) (1323-1385)

Probably the most interesting line:
25. Catherine of Valois (I'm related through her second marriage to Owen Tudor)

What do you guys think of my royal connection?
I think it comes in handy, especially since - as a black American and as a royalist - it's a very nice present.

I also discovered a few months ago I'm part Swedish, so I'll keep you guys updated about that.

Last edited:
That’s a very interesting collection of possible ancestors you have there, QueenElizabeth2Fan. Opportunities for further research as well.
Very true. My most recent monarch in my family tree is Edward III, so I'd suppose I have a decent set of royals and nobles.
I had also seen my dad was possibly descended from Roland de Velville (1474-1535), the illegitimate French son of Henry VII (1457-1509); Roland's mother is described as "an unknown Breton woman".

I've updated the list quite a bit, @Curryong.

Last edited:
I've recently discovered my own royal & noble descent, which is nice!

I'm a direct descendant of the following royals.
Please let me know of royal & noble lineage I may not be aware of.

1. King Owain The Great ("King of All Wales") (1087-1170)
2. Noble - Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl March (1287-1330)
3. Aoife, Princess of Leinster (1145-1188)
4. Is he a noble? Miles FitzWalter of Gloucester (1082-1143)
5. Æthelred The Unready & his second wife, Emma of Normandy
6. King Henry I of France (I didn't write his birth/death dates down) & his wife, Anna of Kiev (1036-1075) - via their son, "Hugh The Great" (Is that code for Henry II?)
7. Is she a noble? Adelaide of Vermandois (1059-1120)
8. Ragnhild, Princess of Dublin (1025-1076)
9. King Henry I of England (I forgot to write his birth/death dates down)
10. King David I of Scotland (1080-1153)
11. Agatha of Hungary (1018-1067), wife of Edward Ætheling "The Exile" (1016-1057)
12. Brian Boru & his wife - I read that his wife was "famous for her six marriages". I forgot to write their birth/death dates down.
13. Yesterday, I discovered a Rurik connection? Hmmmm....
14. He's not a royal or noble, but - Simon Montfort III (1121-1181)
15. Noble - Hugh de Cyfeiliog (1147-1181)
16. Attila The Hun
17. King Edward III of England
(through a few of his children) 1312-1377 - Edward III is the most recent monarch in my family tree.
18. Noble - Thurstan de Holland
19. Noble or commoner? - Piers de Lutgareshale (I hope I spelled his surname correctly)
20. A few Neville connections - from the 1200s (nothing more recent than that, although Ralph Neville, 1st Earl Westmoreland, is - until I find a more direct connection - my ancestral great-uncle)
21. (I don't know if it's true or just a family rumor) King Charles I of England (1600-1649)
22. (Possible connection - Still figuring it out) King Henry VII of England (1457-1509) via his illegitimate son, Roland de Velville (1474-1535)
23. Quite a bit of Ancient Roman ancestry, through my Welsh noble lineage. One name I remember being descended from is Roman Empress Fausta (I forget who her husband was).
24. Aleyne FitzAlan (Granddaughter of Alice di Saluzzo & daughter of the 9th Earl Arundel) (1323-1385)

Probably the most interesting line:
25. Catherine of Valois (I'm related through her second marriage to Owen Tudor)

What do you guys think of my royal connection?
I think it comes in handy, especially since - as a black American and as a royalist - it's a very nice present.

I also discovered a few months ago I'm part Swedish, so I'll keep you guys updated about that.
Having these ancestors makes a tree a lot more interesting, but the ancestors you listed are going to include a lot more historically important figures. As you go further, you would find Charlemagne, Roman Emporors, Kings of France, Hungary, Spain, Jerusalem, and such. As the poster with the Welsh princes on their tree said of Roman ancestors, many of the Welsh and ancient Irish kings descended from Roman Emperors. Even in Roman times, Emperors' daughters were married off to kings to form alliances. My grandmother used to call this the "History of the World". May you find joy discovering that history books and biographies have been written about your ancestors. :)

Aoife, Princess of Leinster (1145-1188) was the wife of Richard de Clare,Earl of Pembroke (Strongbow).
By her daughter Isabel de Clare and descendants she is an ancestress to much of the European Royal/nobles houses

Hugh the Great (c.898-956) was the duke of the Franks and Count of Paris from 923 to 956.
His eldest son was Hugh Capet who became King of France in 987.

Back
Top Bottom