Remembrance Day Services 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of The United Kingdom

Welcome to t Thread Remembrance Day Services, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Camilla's first Field of Remembrance in Westminster as Queen Consort :previous:

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended an Armistice Day service at the Armed Forces Memorial in the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, today, November 11:

** tt.se gallery **

She wears that hat with one of her dark green outfits to so many military-related engagements that it almost registers in my mind as a uniform at this point.

Last edited:
A clear sign of whom the 'active' members of the royal family are:
- King & Queen Consort
- Prince & Princess of Wales
- Earl & Countess of Wessex
- The Princess Royal & Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
- Duke & Duchess of Gloucester
- Duke of Kent
- Princess Alexandra

So, nobody has been 'dropped' yet.

And the Gloucesters continue to be enlisted to carry out separate engagement.

And it sounds like we need to pay attention to tomorrow's wreath - Charles' incorporating some elements from previous monarchs (and including his racing colours on the ribbon: scarlet, purple and gold) in his wreath and Camilla's is supposed to be some kind of reflection of the Queen Mother's wreath and her (grandfather's) racing colours.

Talk of late has been that Charles has no plans to drop any working royals due to the shrink in that number we've already seen and the fact at least two of the current number are in their mid 80s and seem to be naturally scaling back.

Prince Michael of Kent is not of the list anymore. He was not a working Royal also

Duke of Kent is looking very frail, and did not lay his own wreath.

Duke of Kent is looking very frail, and did not lay his own wreath.

I don’t think he has been in good health for quite sometime. Also when he was interviewed when leaving as President of Wimbledon the interviewer filled in his gaps and pauses when speaking. That was a year or two ago. Trooping the colour 2021 the Queen looked like a spring chicken next to him - just before her health began to decline.

May the souls of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Always so very happy to see The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, they are lovely people; as others mentioned, The Duke of Kent was indeed looking very frail.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex were oozing their signature calm and dignified strength, they have always been hard workers, it must be reasuring for Charles to have them around, I'm waiting for them to be named D&DoE.

Last edited:
As always it was a beautiful and moving service at the Cenotaph. I am still adjusting to the notion that King Charles has the monarch's black wreath and that his eldest son now lays the wreath with the Prince of Wales' three feathers.

Prince Michael of Kent is not of the list anymore. He was not a working Royal also

He was no working royal but nonetheless also announced his retirement earlier this year (while his cousin Elizabeth was still queen).

I expect some similar announcement from his elder siblings after the coronation. It is clear that especially the duke is physically no longer able to continue his duties in the way he was used to - and in the past he stated he would continue as long as his elder cousin did... He fully deserves to retire after supporting this transition from one monarch to the next.

Yesterday, November 13, the Earl of Wessex took the Salute at the March Past of Veteran Organizations on Horse Guards Parade:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

As always it was a beautiful and moving service at the Cenotaph. I am still adjusting to the notion that King Charles has the monarch's black wreath and that his eldest son now lays the wreath with the Prince of Wales' three feathers.

Indeed yes it was. As always.

The Queen also had a wreath laid on her behalf. Presumably the first for a queen consort since 1951?

Last edited:
The family at the Royal British Legion Festival Of Remembrance today, November 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

King Charles and Queen Camilla unveiled statues of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip ahead of the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance:

And earlier today Princess Anne and husband Tim attended the Armistice Day Ceremony at the National Memorial Arboretum:

I like the "movement" in these statues. If that makes sense.?

Yes. Prince Philip’s foot sticking out as if he’s about to step off the plinth, is a very unusual stance to portray in a statue. I like both statues actually.

Yes. Prince Philip’s foot sticking out as if he’s about to step off the plinth, is a very unusual stance to portray in a statue. I like both statues actually.

It's extremely Philip, though.

Back
Top Bottom