Queen Margrethe II Jewels 2: Dec. 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not referring to the collar of the Order of the Elephant but instead a thin long gold chain worn in pictures 1-4, irrespective of the necklace worn.

Oops! My apologies!

Which jewels belong personally to Queen Daisy? Is the Floral Aigrette the only headpiece she owns?

Which jewels belong personally to Queen Daisy? Is the Floral Aigrette the only headpiece she owns?

I think that all jewells QMII inherited from her mother personal jewels collection belongs to her. So also Baden palmette diamond tiara and diamond turquoise daisy tiara badndeau are personal property. The same with golden popies and the Nassut tiara (given to her by the people of Greenland to mark her Ruby Jubilee) stay in QMII ownership. Also floral tiara loaned to princess Marie stay porperty of QMII

Last edited:
I think that all jewells QMII inherited from her mother personal jewels collection belongs to her. So also Baden palmette diamond tiara and diamond turquoise daisy tiara badndeau are personal property. The same with golden popies and the Nassut tiara (given to her by the people of Greenland to mark her Ruby Jubilee) stay in QMII ownership. Also floral tiara loaned to princess Marie stay porperty of QMII

The floral tiara was at some pointed gifted to Princess Marie (this became known at the big exhibition with the Jewels at Amalienborg in 2022). And not sure about the Naasut tiaras, as it was a gift to her as Queen.

I think really the only ones Mary will defo get access to as Queen will be the Pearl poiré tiara and the emerald one with their respective parures. The golden Naasut tiara was gifted to Daisy on her ruby jubilee so maybe she’ll get to keep it for now snd then it will go into the Crown collection on her death.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your answers! :flowers:
The Naasut definitely stays with Daisy, it was a gift to her, makes no sense for a queen Consort to use it...but she did loan it to Marie once, so we'll see.

Thank you all for your answers! :flowers:
The Naasut definitely stays with Daisy, it was a gift to her, makes no sense for a queen Consort to use it...but she did loan it to Marie once, so we'll see.

I don't believe Marie has ever worn the Nassut. I see QMII handing over all major jewels and holding on to maybe the Baden, turquoise, and poppys. I can see her taking a much more minimal approach to jewelry going forward.

I don't believe Marie has ever worn the Nassut. I see QMII handing over all major jewels and holding on to maybe the Baden, turquoise, and poppys. I can see her taking a much more minimal approach to jewelry going forward.
Lets hope she will still attend State Banquets and some other Galas and not do a Paola or Sofia

Are you sure? Then the photo of her wearing it has got to be Photoshop.

Last edited:
Daisy is in pearl poire tiara tonight

Daisy is in pearl poire tiara tonight
Interesting. So that is the first tiara she wore as Queen (for hr first official pics) and the last time.

I wonder if we will see Queen Margrethe occasionally wearing the Ruby Parure in the future. At least until Denmark has a new Crown Princess. AFAIK she has never worn it. With her faible for pink and her white hair, I think it would look good on her.

I wonder if we will see Queen Margrethe occasionally wearing the Ruby Parure in the future. At least until Denmark has a new Crown Princess. AFAIK she has never worn it. With her faible for pink and her white hair, I think it would look good on her.
I wouldn't expect that. After all, the Danish RF don't usually share tiaras and each lady has her personal tiaras to wear. I think that Margrethe will keep to or three of her tiaras for personal use, and making some others available for Mary. Strictly speaking, the ruby parure is Frederik's property, as he inherited it from his grandmother Queen Ingrid. So it's not bound to the position of Crown Princess. I can imagine that Mary will continue wearing it for life, while Christian might inherit a tiara directly from his grandmother, Queen Margrethe.

Yes, the ruby parure currently belongs to Frederik who doesn't usually wear tiaras. That's why I think it's possible he will loan it to his mother. Queen Mary will have the use of the crown jewels. And perhaps will wear the ruby parure as well, like Queen Ingrid did.
But historically this jewellery was gifted from each queen consort to the consort of the heir apparent, the Crown Princess. Ingrid didn't have a daughter-in-law, so she wore the parure until her death and then left it to the CP, for the future CPrincess to wear.
So I think the next CP, Christian's wife, will also wear the rubies. But in the age of divorces (and since the DRF has already lost a tiara that way) the parure will probably not be gifted to her.

I am not sure how many tiaras Margrethe owns personally but I think she will leave those to her granddaughters.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect that. After all, the Danish RF don't usually share tiaras and each lady has her personal tiaras to wear. I think that Margrethe will keep to or three of her tiaras for personal use, and making some others available for Mary. Strictly speaking, the ruby parure is Frederik's property, as he inherited it from his grandmother Queen Ingrid. So it's not bound to the position of Crown Princess. I can imagine that Mary will continue wearing it for life, while Christian might inherit a tiara directly from his grandmother, Queen Margrethe.

I expect Mary to have three main go-to parures as Queen ( pearl, emerald, and ruby) and also inherit the Baden Palmette às her alternate small all-diamond tiara. Queen Margrethe will probably keep her other tiaras while she is alive.

Maybe Mary’s wedding and ruby/spinel tiaras will be given to Isabella and Josephine as I don’t see Mary wearing them anymore as Queen.

I am not sure if the Ruby parure will revert to Christian’s wife when he gets married.

I expect Mary to have three main go-to parures as Queen ( pearl, emerald, and ruby) and also inherit the Baden Palmette às her alternate small all-diamond tiara. Queen Margrethe will probably keep her other tiaras while she is alive.

Apparently (according to Royal Expert Trond Noren Isaksen) the floral wreath/aigrette is now also Part of the entailed foundation and will therefore likely also be worn by the new Queen Mary. So i think Queen Margrethe will keep the Baden-Palamette tiara for herself.

Last edited:
Yes, the ruby parure currently belongs to Frederik who doesn't usually wear tiaras. That's why I think it's possible he will loan it to his mother.

But he could have done in the time between he inherited it and his marriage

Does Queen Margrethe have a personal tiara or two of her own?

I think she has quite a few which are her own, as I understand it only the pearl and emerald tiaras she wears are “crown” property which automatically go to the sovereign, as mentioned up thread her floral aigrette may also be owned in such a way but she has the baden-palmette, small aquamarine and her golden poppies for herself i think. The Naasut Tiara was given to Daisy as a ruby jubilee present by Greenland so I think she would probably we able to wear it for the rest of her life even if it is left to the crown at the end.

Last edited:
But he could have done in the time between he inherited it and his marriage
During that time his mother was the reigning queen and had use of the crown jewels. So she didn't have to borrow the tiara which is traditionally associated with the Crown Princess. But I guess there will be no CP for a decade now. And since this is a new situation in Dk I don't know whether the queen emerita can still wear the crown jewels or not. The ruby parure would be a grand alternative.

Last edited:
Does Queen Margrethe have a personal tiara or two of her own?
Yes the Baden palmette tiara, the small turqiose tiara, the golden poppies and the Naasut tiara

I am not sure how many tiaras Margrethe owns personally but I think she will leave those to her granddaughters.

I so do hope that is not the case, with three tiaras potentially leaving the main line. I think all the jewellery should be left to Fred, and he / Mary can lend out to whichever family member needs jewellery.

Today Daisy wore the brooch of the Pearl Poiré Parure

I think QMII will keep the Baden Palmette Tiara for her own use for the rest of her life, like Queen Ingrid did…

Probably also the Greenlandic Gold/Naasut Tiara, as it was a personal gift to her from the people of Greenland.

The other tiaras i expect will be handed over to Frederik for Mary to use.

Last edited:
For the abdication ceremonies, Daisy is wearing her ruby and diamond stud earrings.

Back
Top Bottom