Queen Margrethe II Jewels 2: Dec. 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have we seen the cluster brooch/pendant before? I don't remember it and it seems like a pretty substantial diamond in the center.

Doesn't it look as though it coordinates with the earrings?

Do you mean the large ruby and pearl devant-de-corsage? If so, then yes. They belong to the same set and are part of the Crown Jewels kept at Rosenborg.

My question, however, was about the small cluster brooch used to secure the sash of the Order of St. Olav.

Do you mean the large ruby and pearl devant-de-corsage? If so, then yes. They belong to the same set and are part of the Crown Jewels kept at Rosenborg.

My question, however, was about the small cluster brooch used to secure the sash of the Order of St. Olav.

Doesn't it look as though it coordinates with the earrings?

Here is how I see it. The ruby and diamond brooch used to secure the sash co-matches well with the diamond, pearl and ruby corsage brooch, which matches well with the earrings. The pearls in the tiara co-ordinate well with the pearls in the earrings and the corsage brooch, and there you have it: a well-co-ordinated ensemble, marrying wonderful jewellery with a beautiful dress. ?

:previous: They are quite simply sublime with their style, shape and embellishment, with such clean lines they catch the eye in a way something with more bejeweled and colourful wouldn't.

I remain surprised QM II waited as long as she did to get a pair of earrings to match the brooch she appears to like and wear as much as the Daisy brooch.

They look like Princess Michael of Kent's daisy brooch/earrings, private sale perhaps? PM doesn't do a lot nowadays so who knows?

Last edited:
In a recent interview Queen Margrethe revealed that like her late mother Queen Ingrid ,does not have pierced ears!

That is something new to me!

In a recent interview Queen Margrethe revealed that like her late mother Queen Ingrid ,does not have pierced ears!

That is something new to me!
The Queen said in the DR documentary "Dronningens skattkammer" that: - "My mother didn't care for ear piercings so she had all the family heirlooms set with screws. Because she didn't have pierced ears. I didn't bother with having them redone and I didn't want to pierce my ears either.
As I've said I have five holes in my head and I don't need any more."

Last edited:
That's interesting. (I'm with her!) I'm surprised, though. With the weight of some of the pieces they wear, you'd almost need pierced ears to keep them on.

The Queen looks lovely in her pink ensemble..

That's interesting. (I'm with her!) I'm surprised, though. With the weight of some of the pieces they wear, you'd almost need pierced ears to keep them on.

The really heavy ones, even the pierced ones, have wires that go behind the ear and over the top to help support them. I saw a photo once of Crown Princess Mary adjusting one, and in some of the official pictures of the jewelry you can see the support wires.

Queen Margrethe in turquoises at the premiere of the Netflix film "Ehrengard" this evening, September 6:

Queen Daisy

Did I read something that turquoises were her favorite stones? She certainly wears them well.

I love Queen Margrethe's turquoise jewellery, all of it, every little, oops she doesn't have "little" earrings, she has large luminous works of art. There are only a few royal collections that can boast such flawless turquoises such as those in Daisy's collection.

She has small brooches and large, relatively delicate earrings and statement pieces, fantastic necklaces, rings and I think I even spied a bracelet or two. The thing is, when Daisy wears them, they are never dismissed as perhaps a sentimental little keepsake but rather they are an in-your-face statement, whether just a small brooch or a magnificent demi-parure.

Either way, the turquoises themselves are glorious in their size, colour, clarity and lustre and the settings, whether either baroque or contemporary, are utterly sublime. When Daisy hauls out the turquoises you know neither she nor they will ever be overlooked.

Daisy's tiara appearance in 2023

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Daisy's tiara appearance in 2023

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

All great appearances, classic Daisy.

My only suggested change would be if the Queen could take off her long god chain for gala appearances. This chain has only appeared in the last 5-6 years, and perhaps means more to her than appearances.

My only suggested change would be if the Queen could take off her long god chain for gala appearances. This chain has only appeared in the last 5-6 years, and perhaps means more to her than appearances.

I believe that is the collar of an official order - is it The Elephant?

That looks like the Collar of the Order of the Elephant. Not just another piece of jewelry. :flowers:

That looks like the Collar of the Order of the Elephant. Not just another piece of jewelry. :flowers:

I believe the poster was referring to the small, but long, gold chain around HM's neck that appears to have a pendant that is usually obscured by her clothes. I've always thought this must have some connection to her late husband.

Her jewels (collar)are sadly dirty. They need to be clean for the next Queen.

I believe that is the collar of an official order - is it The Elephant?

I am not referring to the collar of the Order of the Elephant but instead a thin long gold chain worn in pictures 1-4, irrespective of the necklace worn.

Back
Top Bottom