Queen Máxima Series

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronald biver

Nobility
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
According to International Casting for Videoland will commence a Serie about queen Maxima of the Netherlands. The actress playing the role of queen Maxima must speak
Dutch, Spanish and English. That would be really interesting, also will the actress look at least a bit like the queen of the Netherlands. I just have to wait & see for the final result of the series.

Don't get your hopes up, Dutch television series tend to be dreadful: a lot of over-acting and ghastly dialogues. Somebody -who is perfectly calm initially- suddenly will be trowing a tray with coffee cups through the living room.

The series will be based on Marcia Luyten's biography of Queen Máxima which was published last year and mainly deals with the time before the wedding.

Last edited:
queen Maxima series

Don't get your hopes up, Dutch television series tend to be dreadful: a lot of over-acting and ghastly dialogues. Somebody -who is perfectly calm initially- suddenly will be trowing a tray with coffee cups through the living room.

The series will be based on Marcia Luyten's biography of Queen Máxima which was published last year and mainly deals with the time before the wedding.

Good or bad series, I just voice my opinion, look at the British series "The Crown, Diana series, years ago etc. & the European royal Series are not really tops, isn't it? Like Ludwig of Bavaria, and the Habsburgs etc. Just to name a few. Just voicing an opinion, sorry!!

There is no need to be sorry ronald, sorry if it came across that you should. I just tried to share my experience so you do not get overly exited about it all ;).

Last edited:
* Yawn * - as usual it will hit some ratings in the first week, to sink away in obscurity in furtherer weeks.

Dutch TV series about queen Maxima

There is no need to be sorry ronald, sorry if it came across that you should. I just tried to share my experience so you do not get overly exited about it all ;).

Iam not overly excited as you called it, but you already rubbishing the Dutch tv,
Anyway, let's move on, it get a little bit tedious and repetitive.

Queen Maxima

Filming of the series will take place next year. The series will be filmed in Argentina, Spain, New York and the Netherlands.
The series is based on the bestseller 'Motherland: the early years of Máxima Zorreguieta' by Marcia Luyten (published by De Bezige Bij). The series is produced by Millstreet Films.

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/entertainment/tv/artikel/5335949/koningin-maxima-hoofdrol-dramaserie

Making a bio series of living famous people in this case queen Maxima in my opinion is not a good idea, for a starters acting of the actress playing queen Maxima will be (maybe) mediocre etc. etc. I have seen a few so called biographies on film of famous people (incl. royalty) through the years, mostly not impressed, usual the acting of the actors & the story line. Some people might like it.

More information has already been announced:

According to rumors, the role of young Máxima would be played by an Argentine actress: Delfina Chaves, 26 years old. But we'll have to wait and see if that rumor is true.

The first season will focus on the Queen's childhood and adolescence and the time she moved to New York.

https://www.ditjesendatjes.nl/dit-kunnen-we-verwachten-van-de-serie-over-maxima/

The best and funniest 'documentary' on Maxima was in Drag Race Netherlands with the main musical challenge was Maxima the Rusical . In the Drag Race TV shows, musicals are renamed to Rusicals after the show's creator Ru Paul.

On this hilarious show the drag queens do their interpretation of the Queen stages in life from young to her crowning, even with a William lookalike as stand in for the King.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip off YouTube of this and the only mentions now include too much nonsense of the youtubers before showing the clips. But it was extremely funny parody in the style of Evita and I assume could be considered the first on Dutch TV about her that includes songs.

Last edited:
Based on that script, it appears it will be in English?

What kind of advertisement/trailer was that? It feels a bit underwhelming to be honest.

The set actually doesn't look too amateuristic and convincing enough. The grey pant suit with the white shirt is familiar indeed, I remember it from the paparazzi photos of the day.

The German actor Sebastian Koch will be playing Prince Claus. Queen Beatrix will be played by a member of the nobility, Jkvr. Elsie (Elisabeth Wilhelmina Malvina) de Brauw. Her father was a chamberlain of Queen Juliana, who adviced the RF in settling the last will of Prince Hendrik and during the wedding of Pss Irene and the Duke of Parma. her mother a Baroness van Lynden. She has won two Theo d'Or's (highest Dutch theatre award) and one Gouden Kalf (highest Dutch film award).

The maternal grandfather was the supreme chaimberlain of Queen Wilhelmina. The paternal grandfather was an advisor of Queen Wilhelmina while the paternal grandmother, Jkvr. Catherina Elisabeth van Reenen, was a dame du palais. Her aunt Jkvr. Ariane Margaretha de Ranitz-de Brauw was a bridesmaid for Queen Juliana's wedding to Prince Bernhard. A great-grandfather, Jhr. Engelbert de Brauw was an advisor of Queen Wilhelmina as well and was part of the college of regents, which aided the young queen [or rather her mother] during Wilhelmina's minority.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are going to have subtitles, would love to see it! Unfortunately, I don't Spanish or Dutch.

For years I have wanted more productions on a variety of royals. Depending on what timeframe this is covering I would love to see this. The 2000's was a good year for royals meeting extraordinary partners: Maxima, Mary, Daniel, and those stories need to be told.

For years I have wanted more productions on a variety of royals. Depending on what timeframe this is covering I would love to see this. The 2000's was a good year for royals meeting extraordinary partners: Maxima, Mary, Daniel, and those stories need to be told.

Just for the record: Willem-Alexander and Máxima met in April 1999 in Sevilla.
Frederik and Mary of course met during the Olympics, which took place in September 2000.
I read somewhere that Victoria and Daniel met in 2001 (at his gym) but I'm not sure if that is correct and if it can be even further pinpointed.

MAXIMA: official trailer

It actually looks like a decent production. I hadn't realized, but it makes sense now, that a lot of it would be in English.

From the first meeting to the famous press conference: in the Máxima series, the real love story between Máxima and Willem-Alexander. The film can be seen from April 20th!

Reactions: SLV
I am curious what the critics will say. The physical resemblence of all actors with the orginals is not very high me thinks.
Sebastian Koch is a world class actor, one of the very few we have in Germany. I don't think he'd want to be part of anything trashy.

I've seen some interviews and behind the scenes and the Argentinian actress playing Máxima seems very sympathic. She needed quite some classes in Dutch pronunciation to be able to do the engagement scene.

Some scenes of defining moments were made available by Videoland:

First meeting of Willem-Alexander and Máxima:

Máxima's first meeting with Queen Beatrix

Back
Top Bottom