Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, a wardrobe malfunction, in addition to having to sit on the pearls certainly not a pleasant evening.

The dress looks cheap anyway for this occasion and it shows in the poor execution of the details.

I actually like the dress but I'm surprise of the malfunction and I did not think what you said about sitting on the pearls, but you are right very unconfortable indeed:ROFLMAO:

I don’t like it at all, and that slit certainly not so appropriate

I love her with that Tiara, and I was wrong, I always thought that it would be too big for her. But I'm glad I'm wrong about it though, it suits her.

About the dress, well...the dress itself is not horrible, I've seen worse dresses, and this one is far from being bad. But it's a celebrity gown, not royal enough and certainly not for a state dinner, and it's a pity that it doesn't go well with this tiara and hairstyle.

About the pearls, I think it's a different approach and they were trying to innovate, but did they think about those who would sit for a long time while they made this design? Because it looks like it would be quite uncomfortable and it might hurt if the pearls are not soft.

Last edited:
Its a gorgeous suit and she looks stunning but she could have glamed it up a notch with one of her diamond bracelets it is still a state visit.

Its a gorgeous suit and she looks stunning but she could have glamed it up a notch with one of her diamond bracelets it is still a state visit.

I agree a bracelet would be nice.. Im suprised she wore no bracelet

https://www.semana.es/elarmariodeletizia/letizia-pisa-fuerte-palacio-real/

some close ups here and a celebrity wearing the same dress....

disappointing choice, the dress does not live up to the event at all, it's a state dinner!!! very celebrity with the slit high up the leg, the strange placing of the slits at the top, total fail for me on this occasion, the dress looks good on Marta Nieto on the celebrity event.
Ms Nieto did look much better in the pearl dress. There were too many slits and pearls in this dress for me.

Last edited:
Minimal effort as usual nothing new there ;)

During last 2 state visits she wore a bracelet at the reception, so i hoped she wears a bracelet at this state visit too.. but all in all, as you said Minimal effort as usual.

Minimal effort as usual nothing new there ;)

I think the clothing and accessories are fine, nothing memorable in either a good or bad way, but someone has taken more care than usual with her hair. The loose waves look good on her - the style frames her face nicely and makes her hair look much healthier and less limp than when she wears it straight. And it would take a good stylist less than ten minutes to do. She should wear it like this more often.

If it were any other event it would be fine but its a State Visit too often with Letizia she fails to think outside the box.

Her style on this State Visit has been rather disappointing.

I think the clothing and accessories are fine, nothing memorable in either a good or bad way, but someone has taken more care than usual with her hair. The loose waves look good on her - the style frames her face nicely and makes her hair look much healthier and less limp than when she wears it straight. And it would take a good stylist less than ten minutes to do. She should wear it like this more often.

I think last night's tiara would have looked much better with this hairstyle. The off-center part last night made the tiara look crooked to me.

I love her hair here.

I agree. :flowers: Letizia's hair looks particularly nice in this instance.

Her hair looks fantastic. Reminds me why I wish she would go back to her shorter bob. Fantastic styling tonight :flowers:

I quite like the dress, way better then last night ?

But add me to list of those who wish she had included a bracelet to finish it off.

But this has been one underwhelming 2 days, other then the tiara debut last night. Not her usual wow for these galas.

Gorgeous suit with a perfect fit, she always looks well in ch. the combo of textures is interesting. Her hair is extremely flattering.

I think last night's tiara would have looked much better with this hairstyle. The off-center part last night made the tiara look crooked to me.
There is definitely an art to wearing a tiara and one no-no is an off centre hair part. Even a centre part is a bit dicey which is why pulling the hair straight back, softly or tightly with tendrils allows a much greater scope of hairstyle, whether an updo in some gorgeous twist, chignon or bun to down with hanging curls.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6e/5c/2f/6e5c2fd26b237a3c40b57e265422189b.jpg
https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/516295544766632034/
https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/376543218821873080/
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2e/bd/1b/2ebd1b29d07a6b652bfd0da78ed7b488.jpg

Letizia's hair looked fantastic down with the loose waves.

The Swedes are the best at tiara hair, hands down, but this is a lovely picture of Princess Anne.
Yes, Princess Anne, years ago with first husband, looked absolutely lovely. Many, many magazines at the time gushed over her hair style and media fashion stylists agreed that that was the style for her shape face, etc. All loved. Well she has kept that same style now for 40+ years and I think time for a change. Face features [on us all] change with age, etc. It is probably easy for her to do up in a hurry as I don't believe she is the self fussy type but I would just love to see her with a "make-over". She is still too young to be in such a rut. I bet a bundle she would still be rather stunning with proper cut and makeup. Plus I don't believe for one minute that all women don't like looking great no matter what they claim the reason is they don't. JMOP

Ms Nieto did look much better in the pearl dress. There were too many slits and pearls in this dress for me.

I don't mind the dress all that much although a much heaver woman probably would not have been bothered by those awful pearls across a thin backside! Heavens, like the Princess and the Pea" play! What I cannot stand and never will are those awful sashes that drape over royal [don't care who] which to me always makes them look silly not dignified. Men can get away with them as most of the silly things are hidden behind their jackets. Most of the time the ribbons clash with the woman's expensive gowns. I know it is a pet peeve of mine and an honor to wear, etc., but that is just my opinion. I truly believe that a small ribbon with proper decoration of the evening attached place on either shoulder or even waist would be so much prettier. Like I said, only a small disgust of mine and I am sure some love them.

One of the few mortals who can wear a jumpsuit. Needs a necklace

Those high heel slippers look very difficult to walk in...

She looks elegant and classy in the outfit. I don’t care for the shoes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom