Princess Sarah of Brunei Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some old pics of CP Sarah soon after wedding in September 2004.
Pics and close-ups from Infofoto:
btw..the necklace is one of my favourite pieces Sarah has worn. Its pretty, light, and feminine.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,801
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 984
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,133
  • 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 868
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 3b.JPG
    3b.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 514
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,342
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,314
well, i'm new here..and hello to all. i think all the jewelleries do look nice on here but to much jeweleries at one time also not that good as you will look like a "zoombie' plus taking into account the colourful dress/ clothings that your are wearing.

dayangku sarah

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I read on a Brunei news website that the people in the country were speculating whether or not the crown princess' shoes and her bouquet were made of diamonds. One of the sultan's daughters wore diamond studded shoes when she got married. The clothing of the crown prince and princess were certainly embroidered with gold thread and was even studded with precious jewels like mgrant said.
Here's some pictures:

From the pre-wedding ceremonies on Sep 5, 2004
You can see the pearls on Princess Sarah's outfit. She also wore different tiaras throughout the festivities
she so beautiful

I have noticed that surround of her fingers often look yellow...is that because of she uses kind of henna? but it doesn't look as a drawing form. She has beautiful ring anyway.

yes you're right. Thats henna. It was applied to Sarah's hands during her wedding.

I have a question, is it a tradition or ritual to wear all their jewels that they have? I've noticed that all the princesses and the Queen always wear a bracelet, brooch, the necklace, rings and that necklace that hangs from their scarf. I've noticed that they only wear all that at engagements. Does anyone know why?

I've posted a picture of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• sarah.JPG
    sarah.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 469
~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes you're right. Thats henna. It was applied to Sarah's hands during her wedding.
Thank humera, but do you mean the colour is from the henna was applied during her wedding, it should be a longlasting henna colour. For how long could the stain remain on the skin. How about if the lady gets bored with the colour does she able to remove it easily? I am new about this stuff.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
some recent pics of CP Sarah
July 23, 2005 - Original pics from the Princess Sarah thread
http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=july31har107op.jpg
just curious about the ring in her left hand is the both stones (white and yellow) in one piece or different piece.

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
Thank humera, but do you mean the colour is from the henna was applied during her wedding, it should be a longlasting henna colour. For how long could the stain remain on the skin. How about if the lady gets bored with the colour does she able to remove it easily? I am new about this stuff.

well the picture you're referring to was from the various festivities after the wedding so by then the colour had diminished. Another reason could be that the henna was applied during the pre-wedding ceremonies which took place several days before the actual wedding. Depending on how good the henna is, the colour stays vibrant for about a week. Because henna is a natural dye, all you can do is wait for the colour to completely disappear; again, depending on the henna, that usually takes a few weeks.
btw...I dont know about other countries but in Pakistan you can also get "coloured henna" I haven't tried it myself but it comes in many colours like red, green, blue etc. They get the colour by injecting a dye in the henna.

this is a picture of Sarah from her wedding:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41827&d=1095668354

just curious about the ring in her left hand is the both stones (white and yellow) in one piece or different piece.

hmm..it looks too huge to be one ring but who knows, it could be.
Infact it looks like the ring Sarah is wearing on her right hand here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=99024&d=1109395799

Thanks for henna information.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
[/color]
hmm..it looks too huge to be one ring but who knows, it could be.
Infact it looks like the ring Sarah is wearing on her right hand here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=99024&d=1109395799
Yeah that what I think too, its too huge to be in one ring, but after checking your second picture I still see only one "ring based" below the stones just like the the one in previous picture...anyway it is really a magnificent ring:)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
[/color]

well the picture you're referring to was from the various festivities after the wedding so by then the colour had diminished. Another reason could be that the henna was applied during the pre-wedding ceremonies which took place several days before the actual wedding. Depending on how good the henna is, the colour stays vibrant for about a week. Because henna is a natural dye, all you can do is wait for the colour to completely disappear; again, depending on the henna, that usually takes a few weeks.

yes this is true, but the henna stains that she ended up with did not darken, and do not look like they were lasting more than a few days.
I would assume this family would have the finest henna, yet the stain is similar to if you tried to use hair quality henna for mehendi.

I think her majesty sarah is the most beautiful and elegant royal lady. I kiss her hands & I love her.

Please don't missunderstand me: I'm a fan of muslim culture and I respect the muslim women,
BUT in her dresses , no matter how colourfull they are, she looks like a " polish cleaning lady" ( it's a saw in Germany - nothing against polish people either)
Non matter how many jewellery she wears ( I prefer simple elegance), she looks like going to clean rooms in her Hijab
I have no problems with women wearing Hijabs - one of my best friends is wearing one - but she pics better looking ones...not those 70's batik printed pieces or aquarellle flower pieces...

BUT FOR PEOPLE FROM MUSLIM WORLD THOSE LOOKS MAY BE BEAUTIFUL, BECAUSE THEY ARE USED TO IT...ITS MAY BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CLOTHING EVER FOR THEM.....

I say that because she is sooooooooooo beautiful WITHOUT her Hijab and wearing "normal" clothing

Last edited:
Quite right. She is a Muslim by religion, but 1/2 Bruneian and 1/2 Swiss by heritage.

Sorry to go off topic, but do the Crown princely couple have children?

How elegant she looked and see that the jewellry were all matching (colours0 to her cloth.

I think she's very pretty.. But like all Brunei princesses (and queen), they somewhat have a very unique sense of style.. As if colorful hijab is not enough, they also wear colorful blings (diamonds).. I think it's too much..

After persusing the jewels of Brunei, I have only one thing to say;
I came,
I saw,
I collapsed in awe!!!!!!!!

Is princess sarah's engagement ring an emerald cut diamond? can't get a good look at it.

the jewllery is sometimes over the top , but in secret i lind of like it ;-)
are the jewllery often bought for each member of the ladies in Brunei so every member gets new jewllery

Geeeez!!! The jewelry is unbelievable. Absolutely magnificent and totally over the top. I wonder if all their jewelry put together is worth more than QEII. I have never seen anything sooo beautiful.

" polish cleaning lady" ( it's a saw in Germany - nothing against polish people either)

Sorry to pull up an old post but I'm from Poland and perhaps this is a common thing to say where you live but it is hurtful. I know a lot of Polish ladies that work in Germany, Italy, and other countries and they are all beautiful ladies that put some royal ladies to shame.

... I wonder if all their jewelry put together is worth more than QEII...
To tell the truth, I doubt it. The British royal collection was created alongst centuries, and has its' special historical and artistic value.
The Brunean jewels seem to be created nowadays, as the history of modern independent sultanate of Brunei begins in 1959.
Thus at the imaginary auction the British jewels may cost more than Brunean ones.:)

Back
Top Bottom