Princess Sarah of Brunei Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would just like to inquire if what public duties has Princess Sarah already attended? I mean aside from her marriage and the festivities before it. Like opening of an institution or soemthing.

I would also like to ask if does the Brunei Royal Family do the same task as European Royals when it comes to their public engagements?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx for those pics alfie.
I like the fact that Princess Sarah's parents are still a big part of her life, they often accompany her to her public duties. Most of the time when a woman marries into a royalty, her own family is sidelined or ignored. Its nice to see that Sarah gets to spend time with her parents.
If you have any pictures of Princess Sarah's beautiful jewels, please post them in this thread. There's also a separate thread for jewels of other women of the bruneian royal family.
Your most welcome Humera. Yes! It is very nice to see that she can spend quality time with her family. They are a very close knitted family. Her brothers too sometimes accompany her. I will try and find some more pictures of their beautiful jewels.

paulette said:
I would just like to inquire if what public duties has Princess Sarah already attended? I mean aside from her marriage and the festivities before it. Like opening of an institution or soemthing.

I would also like to ask if does the Brunei Royal Family do the same task as European Royals when it comes to their public engagements?
Yes! Princess Sarah has attended a few public duties since her wedding. She has attended a religious function with Her Majesty Queen Saleha during the Isra Miraj(a muslim religious day), Hari Raya(Eid Mubarak) Festivies at Istana Nurul Iman, She was guest of honour for a charity recitial concert in early december(4.12.04)(charity for kids). You can have a look at this pictures in the brunei royal family forum. Yes! they do quite similar tasks as European Royals in their public engagements.

Last edited:
alfie said:
Yeah! you are right Humera. All the Crown Princess Sarah's jewels are her very own. Wedding gifts from her husband and The Queen.
Here are some latest photos of Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah. The photos showing the Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Prince Malik at a recent football match. The photos showing Crown Princess Sarah with her mum is during a function for Asean/India 4wd challange which her dad took part in.
Thanks for updating us on Princess Sarah's whereabouts and ongoings. Seems like HRH has gained a little but she looks not the least bit regal than before. I guess marriage bliss makes people put on somewhat.

They are really nice pictures. Wonder where you got the pictures from?

I have always been fascinated with how the royalties live in Nurul Iman Palace, like you know there are about over 1,700 rooms equivalent to Versailles of France. Do they like live in separate quarters with their own premise and private space?

paulette said:

Princess Sarah has attended many official events since her wedding. Just a day or two after her marriage, she and her husband met with the Swiss ambassador (Princess Sarah is half-swiss)
After that, the couple attended banquets, celebrations in honour of their wedding. And then ofcourse, there were many other official events that Sarah attended. There are many pictures of these events in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread.

Minnie said:
Thanks for updating us on Princess Sarah's whereabouts and ongoings. Seems like HRH has gained a little but she looks not the least bit regal than before. I guess marriage bliss makes people put on somewhat.

Princess Sarah and Prince Billah attended numerous daily banquets and lunches, after their wedding. This went on for ages until the Prime Ministers Office finally issued a memo, instructing that no more lunches and dinners were to be given for the Royal Couple so they could leave for their Honeymoon (which was postponed because of all these invitations)! Can't blame a girl for putting on weight after all that.. :)

Minnie said:
I have always been fascinated with how the royalties live in Nurul Iman Palace, like you know there are about over 1,700 rooms equivalent to Versailles of France. Do they like live in separate quarters with their own premise and private space?
Yes! They do. It's like they own 'apartment' room.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Princess Sarah has attended many official events since her wedding. Just a day or two after her marriage, she and her husband met with the Swiss ambassador (Princess Sarah is half-swiss)
After that, the couple attended banquets, celebrations in honour of their wedding. And then ofcourse, there were many other official events that Sarah attended. There are many pictures of these events in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread.
Yes! you are right Humera. The photos that I posted were after all that and after their honeymoon. Early December.

Minnie said:

My pleasure Minnie. I got the photos from a local brunei newspaper. Their are rumours in Brunei that she might be pregnant but we aren't too sure about that. Will keep you posted about that, when I get confirmation.

Zina said:
Princess Sarah and Prince Billah attended numerous daily banquets and lunches, after their wedding. This went on for ages until the Prime Ministers Office finally issued a memo, instructing that no more lunches and dinners were to be given for the Royal Couple so they could leave for their Honeymoon (which was postponed because of all these invitations)! Can't blame a girl for putting on weight after all that.. :)
I didnt know about that memo being issued. And no wonder too, the newly wed couple was out almost every day to banquets and lunches. They must've been exhausted after going through the extensive wedding festivities and then the many banquets after the wedding. Other royal couples have a dinner or two before and/or after the wedding and they leave on their honeymoon. Its nice to know that the new couple is so loved by the Bruneian people.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I didnt know about that memo being issued. And no wonder too, the newly wed couple was out almost every day to banquets and lunches. They must've been exhausted after going through the extensive wedding festivities and then the many banquets after the wedding. Other royal couples have a dinner or two before and/or after the wedding and they leave on their honeymoon. Its nice to know that the new couple is so loved by the Bruneian people.
What I know is that all the functions was schedule right after the wedding and they were told that it has to be finished by 26th Sept 2004, which was when they left for their schedule honeymoon to Europe(most of they imediate family send them of at the airport, including 1st cousins of Princess Sarah family. Every single associations wanted to give them a wonderful banquet. It was a great honour they manage so much functions.

Last edited:
Looking at some of the recent pictures makes me ask if she really knew what she had gotten herself into. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in some pictures (okay, in most of them) she seems so young and, well, young! At 18 years old, you don't really know yourself and how you would relate yourself to the world around you. I mean, I'm 20 and yet I don't know if I could handle being married at my age and handling the responsibilities she has to carry out.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Looking at some of the recent pictures makes me ask if she really knew what she had gotten herself into. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in some pictures (okay, in most of them) she seems so young and, well, young! At 18 years old, you don't really know yourself and how you would relate yourself to the world around you. I mean, I'm 20 and yet I don't know if I could handle being married at my age and handling the responsibilities she has to carry out.
I agree with you there - I'm much older than you and I couldn't handle it as well as Sarah appears to either. Unlike the other princesses, Sarah seems to go on lots of outings with her prince and family. So at least she's not cooped up in the palace most days like the other princesses. They are used to it, but Sarah would not be able to handle that..i think.

I think we're getting a little off topic here. This is a jewel forum. I think we should move any conversations about the princess and her life to another forum.

yes we can continue this discussion in the "Royalty of Brunei" thread

New pictures of CP Sarah, February 18, 2005

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12,823
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,434
Those are nice pearls! I wonder if she was wearing any earrings to match them.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Those are nice pearls! I wonder if she was wearing any earrings to match them.

no earrings as far as I could tell:)

New pic of Princess Sarah

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 8,279
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,219
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,085
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,643
I swear, the Brunei Royal family takes the phrase "dripping with diamonds" to the next level! I have never seen so many sparklies on any other royal on a regular basis. My eyes are about to give from all the facets winking at me! o_O :eek:

Pictures of CP Sarah from her visit to Singapore

March 8, 2005- Leaving Brunei

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,223
sightseeing in Singapore

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 456
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 2c.jpg
    2c.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 2d.jpg
    2d.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,436
visiting a museum in Singapore

Attachments

• 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 929
  • 3d.jpg
    3d.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 3e.jpg
    3e.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 830
visiting a college

Attachments

• 5a.jpg
    5a.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,830
  • 5b.jpg
    5b.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 5c.jpg
    5c.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 396
  • 5d.jpg
    5d.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 913
evening reception

Attachments

• 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 455
  • 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 980
March 10- visiting the Singapore Art Museum

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 484
March 11-visiting the Singapore Sports School

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 950
  • Untitled-3 copy.jpg
    Untitled-3 copy.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:
I think the Brunei royal family is overdoing it when it comes to diamond jewellery to the point I get overwhemed and lose interest especially with their multicolor outfits, the jewellery is under represented.

monamona said:
I think the Brunei royal family is overdoing it when it comes to diamond jewellery to the point I get overwhemed and lose interest especially with their multicolor outfits, the jewellery is under represented.

I understand its overwhelming compared to other royal families. But you'll get used to it once you realize that that's the way they do things, the higher the woman's rank in the royal family, the more she's likely to be bejewelled and the fancier her clothes. The Queen and the Crown Princess are indeed far more dazzlin than other women of the royal family, including the Sultan's own sisters and his daughters. Their outfits though, represent their culture and are understandably colourful and vibrant.

Back
Top Bottom