Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 18: February 2011 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke, Letizia had 5 events last week, she didn't comb her hair nicely for one event on Friday, dressed too casually, could you also consider it just a bad day since Cristina or Elena only had 20+ events each the whole last year.

Wow, she had 5 events last week, one of them being an audience = showing up for 1 hour or so. Professional business women work 5 or 6 days a week, 8, 10 hours or more, combing their hair and dressing nicely out of respect for their job and the company they work for, day in day out, goes without saying.

Everybody has bad days, thats not the issue, but Letizia has had a lot of them in recent months while at the same time having access to hairdressers etc. but simply not bothering.

Wow, she had 5 events last week, one of them being an audience = showing up for 1 hour or so. Professional business women work 5 or 6 days a week, 8, 10 hours or more, combing their hair and dressing nicely out of respect for their job and the company they work for, day in day out, goes without saying.

Everybody has bad days, thats not the issue, but Letizia has had a lot of them in recent months while at the same time having access to hairdressers etc. but simply not bothering.

And thats exactly what it looks like (well to me anyhow) that Letizia can't be bothered.

Surely she could wear a blazer or a smarter looking jacket instead of one of those dreadful cardigans that look like they shrunk in the Palace washing machine.

Duke, that's not the point, the point was that if the infantas had 20+ events each year, could have bad hair days (probably less now than the old days when they did 70+ events each year), why not Letizia have 1 out of 5 ?
Now the corporate dressing style has become much more relaxed than before, many professional women have bad hair days, also including a casual day on Friday ;).

We don't know if she had access to the hairdresseres all the time or not. From what I read, she did her hair mostly on her own (I think she did a pretty good job overall). If the hairdresser comes free from Zarzuela, why not bothering using them ?

Duke, that's not the point, the point was that if the infantas had 20+ events each year, could have bad hair days (probably less now than the old days when they did 70+ events each year), why not Letizia have 1 out of 5 ?
Now the corporate dressing style has become much more relaxed than before, many professional women have bad hair days, also including a casual day on Friday ;).

We don't know if she had access to the hairdresseres all the time or not. From what I read, she did her hair mostly on her own (I think she did a pretty good job overall). If the hairdresser comes free from Zarzuela, why not bothering using them ?

I guess we should agree to disagree :flowers:

Well said Zonk. I think Letizia is trying to be the down to earth girl when dressing up for events which she simply is not. I wonder what happened to her very well tailored suits and outfits at the beginning of her marriage, im sure they can be recycled.

She probably read the comments from forum members on how boring her well tailored suits were.

I liked the suits but that is just me. If its not Letizia that is fine. I personally like her dresses and platform shoes but I realize that not everyone does and that they are not the perfect fit for every occassion.

My issue is that when they are not the fit her other alternative looks like something she just picked off the floor and put on and walked out the door.

Here's a question (and you don't need to answer because it might throw the thread off track). If you were someone who was honored with an award and an important official (the Governor, Mayor, President, Senator or whatever) was going to be there to see you get the award. Heck they might even hand it to you, so there would be pictures. What would you do? I bet you would get dressed up for such as occassion? What if they showed up looking kind of sloppy..what would you think?

That you weren't important or the award was? You might even think...why did I bother to get dressed up or show up?

That's what I think about some of Letitiza's casual clothes. She doesn't have to look like a clothes horse, or dress like Mathilde (who always looks right about 75% of the time). She can certainly show her personality and be edgy. Just look like you cared about your position, who you were representing, etc. And sometimes she just doesn't.

She probably read the comments from forum members on how boring her well tailored suits were.

If that is the case I would be disappointed as she does not take advice anymore when the press states how awful her outfit is (remember the long shorts & the matching jacket) the press were all over that. At least when some thought they were boring they were elegant & professional at least IMO :)

i actually dont think the press has been 'all over that'. i am wondering if anyone in spain actually writes about her fashion the way we do.

Maybe she no longer wants to be a fashion icon ;)
I think there's a more glamorous fashion female icon among the contemporary royals so we shouldn't care too much about Letizia's part in this field. It's up to Spanish royals & Philipe if they will all put up with Letizia's "hideous" appearances or not. :)

I think there's a more glamorous fashion female icon among the contemporary royals so we shouldn't care too much about Letizia's part in this field. It's up to Spanish royals & Philipe if they will all put up with Letizia's "hideous" appearances or not. :)

If I don't like what the Princess wears & deem it unsuitable or shabby I will continue to post so ;)

We are all entitled to voice our opinions in a constructive manner :)

i actually dont think the press has been 'all over that'. i am wondering if anyone in spain actually writes about her fashion the way we do.

Seeing as she wears a lot of Spanish labels I would imagine so,but I could be wrong.

Perhaps the Spanish public given the economic situation are all for the Princess & her 'economic' wardrobe.

My impression is that the mainstream media is indifferent about Doña Letizia and that specific magazines as Hola! praise her. But that is the format of Hola!: positive news only, por favor. Even when Doña Letizia wears a horrible potato-sack, the magazine Hola! will manage it to sell it as "a lovely ensemble".

:flowers:

Are we making excuses for Letizia's clothes based on the economic situation.

That makes it worst IMO. I would bet those who are economically challenged would put in a little effort meeting the Princess of Austrias. Surely she can do so the same? I am not familiar with the stores in Spain but you can buy nice things that look appropriate here in the States at Target or WalMart.

If the economy is used as an excuse then we can only point to Queen Sofia. She manages to be neat, well-groomed and in a variety of colors all while recycling her wardrobe. Take a look at the difference between Queen Sofia v CP Letizia over the last few weeks. I'd think Queen Sofia would be the guide to how for Letizia on how to present oneself when in difficult financial times while still being "royal".

Last edited:
My impression is that the mainstream media is indifferent about Doña Letizia and that specific magazines as Hola! praise her. But that is the format of Hola!: positive news only, por favor. Even when Doña Letizia wears a horrible potato-sack, the magazine Hola! will manage it to sell it as "a lovely ensemble".

:flowers:

Exactly. Especially HOLA and the british sister HELLO live off oversugaring royals and celebrities. The only provide nice photos (often airbrushed to the limit) with some nice bla bla text. Those presented supposedly look beautiful and happy even if they clearly dont what makes it even comical at some point. For HOLA, Letizia on the cover beats every pop or soap star, why would they ever say something critical about their best cash cow?

Its a win-win situation, the magazines earn money by selling and the royals or celebrities have positive PR to their own liking.

And no, a bad economy is no excuse for Letizia to look sloppy since no other member of the SRF does, we've been here before.

An Ard Ri said:
If I don't like what the Princess wears & deem it unsuitable or shabby I will continue to post so ;)
We are all entitled to voice our opinions in a constructive manner :)
Naturally, with all the respect to you.

Princess Letizia today

Full lenght view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

Nice pantsuit. Letizia looks good. A little bit of colour with the pink blouse
I also maintain your point, Marika. Letizia looks trim and well-groomed today.
Additional photos of the pansuit & make-up:

Letizia d'Espagne ors d'une audience officielle dans le palais royal de Zarzuela à Madrid le 15
Letizia d'Espagne lors d'une audience officielle dans le palais royal de Zarzuela à Madrid le 15

Last edited:
She looks very neat and professional with this suit. I also like the pink shirt underneath, so it's not that boring.

Serious press rarely talked about fashion, even if they did, usually at the 'Gente' section. Tabloids magazines or TV heart programs talked about her clothes all the time. Tastes varied, people who are not interested at royals in general might not have the same taste as some of the posters in this forum. The suits she wore the first couple of years that liked by many posters didn't seem to be too popular, in general, considered too old for her. I remember some journalists at a heart program of Antena 3 thought she looked amazing in that garnet Mango dress and red tights, so vibrant and beautiful, not many women could look slim in red tights (which is true) :).

Last edited:
I don't mind this suit, its professional but I did wish she left the buttons open or accessorized the look up a bit.

Now that's a vast improvement,she looks very professional & groomed.

Naturally, with all the respect to you.

Ofcourse,I have nothing personal against the Princess,I actually admire her & I liked what she wore yesterday :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks elegant and appropriate. The blouse is a nice touch of the color. Hate the shoes, really.

Very pretty suit and it appears to actually fit her! Still, a little boring. The prince is dashing in his suit:)

The look yesterday was good a vast improvement,but I wish she would use some accessories like a brooch or a necklace,it might soften the look a little.

I like the grey suit with the light pink blouse too. She looked professional.

Serious press rarely talked about fashion, even if they did, usually at the 'Gente' section. Tabloids magazines or TV heart programs talked about her clothes all the time. Tastes varied, people who are not interested at royals in general might not have the same taste as some of the posters in this forum. The suits she wore the first couple of years that liked by many posters didn't seem to be too popular, in general, considered too old for her. I remember some journalists at a heart program of Antena 3 thought she looked amazing in that garnet Mango dress and red tights, so vibrant and beautiful, not many women could look slim in red tights (which is true) :).

thanks donna, this is what i meant. when everyone is talking about how disrespectful and unprofessional she is, i wondered if that was also the impression of her countrymen. i dont think it is. not too many people have complained about that because i think you'd hear about it here first if that happened!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom