Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: February 2005 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 2004 - receiving the blessings from Pope John Paul II, right after the wedding.

September 19th 2006 - delivery of the Spanish Flag to the Frigate Alvaro de Bazán.

EFE photos taken from Hola and Casareal.

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/450949-post133.html

I just love this jacket! It looks great with white. One time Letizia wore it with red-orange pants and it just looked awful because it didn't really match! :flowers:
You're mistaken, SoCal_girl... Maybe you're confused, because she used it twice with a red purse, but she has always worn the jacket with these white pants you see in the post above;)

Meanwhile, here's another suit Princess Letizia has recycled:

June 8th 2006 - Prize-giving ceremony of the Bartolomé de las Casas Awards

September 22nd 2006 - visit to the newspaper office of La Razón

(Photos from Bruno Press and Terra)

Elsa M. said:
You're mistaken, SoCal_girl... Maybe you're confused, because she used it twice with a red purse, but she has always worn the jacket with these white pants you see in the post above;)

Whoops! Okay, but there was one time when Letizia wore a similar jacket with red-orange pants and it just didn't look very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
April 15th, 2006 - Easter mass in Palma de Mallorca
September 25th, 2006 - Lunch for the occasion of the Portuguese State visit
October 10th, 2006 (same jacket and skirt) - Audiences at LaZarzuela

Cover & Terra

Last edited:
I wonder if Letizia will be recycling some of the outfits she wore when she was pregnant with Leonor, now that she is expecting again.

With Leonor, she mostly had a "summer" pregnancy and now it will be a "winter" pregnancy.

1. Act in Valencia. February 2006. (from getty)
2. Lunch in Madrid. September 29th 2006 (from ANP)

Last edited:
lula said:
1. Act in Valencia. February 2006. (from getty)
2. Lunch in Madrid. September 29th 2006 (from ANP)
One of my favourite outfits she used this year, I love the colour of the jacket and skirt :).

First of all I would like to say that everyone in this thread is doing a great job, :flowers:
The black coat she has recently worn in the Alzheimer's victims concert and in the Victims of Terrorism Concert is really lovely, actually I like it quite a lot, does anyone have any idea who the designer of that coat is? And also as I know there are people with lots of knowledge about this, I seem to notice some kind of influence in the design of the coat of the fashion during the 60 or perhaps 70, can anyone tell me if I'm in right direction? :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
are Letizias main designers Spanish? Well, they do have some great, talented designers. she does have some great outfits. but i would agree with some who say her style is known and boring. though her style, during her recent pregnancy. has been something to watch out for. she has started wearing some great pieces, some which i did not think i would see on her.

I must say, looking back at Letizias designers, Felipe Varela's fit her the best. the cut and fit are great on her. it seems that she has quit a few of his outfits.

madeleine victoria said:
I also loved Letizia. The way she dresses. She's just so breathtaking! She's a very beautiful woman that's why her style is so classic. Mary is pretty that's why her style is trendy. Well that is just my opinion. If you look at her clothes you will see that everything in her dress is so perfect. She can carry whatever she wears without any hesitation. Letizia for me is an epitome of a great woman. She doesn't seem to think of herself as a fashion icon instead she wears clothes because she has a duty to perform not as a fashion icon. It's really good that when you look at Letizia you would initially look straight at her face not on what she is wearing and for me if you are a public person your personality should be noticed first than your clothes as the case of other CP.

I´m totally agree with you.You have explained it perfectly.

Lauritas138 said:
I´m totally agree with you.You have explained it perfectly.

I'm totally agree, as you Lauritas138, about the explaination of Madeleine victoria definiting the Letizia's style.

I want to add that, if a the begining she mad some approximations than errors, as for exemple to much satin tissue for her outfits, now she has determined exactly the meaning of her way of dress, with a very good separation between her diary outfits, coktails dres - excellent item for her in which she is very original and sofisticated without tobe too fashion- and the gown with the help of Lorenzo Caprile who understood very well the silhout of the Princess.

Now, contrary to the Letizia's detractors, i think that the princess is abble to surprize by her way to dress because she has a large range of own wardrobe and hairdoes, even if she is wearing a lot coat.... because in my opinion, she is sensitive to the cold:flowers:

PrincessofEurope said:
Fab that a princess can re-use her clothes again and again. shows that she is in touch with her people as most of them can not afford to buy new clothes for every event. wish other royals could learn something from letizia

I agree with you, other royals could learn something from letizia
what ever she wears ,Princess Letizia , is always smart and elegant, And I find her wearing several times the sames clothes nice, because it meens that She doesn't like dump money by the windows, like other Princesses, sometimes from very poor contries (morocco, Jordania........).....

Last edited:
ikram said:
I agree with you, other royals could learn something from letizia
what ever she wears ,Princess Letizia , is always smart and elegant, And I find her wearing several times the sames clothes nice, because it meens that She doesn't like dump money by the windows, like other Princesses, sometimes from very poor contries (morocco, Jordania........).....

:flowers: Me too, and I want to add that at each time that the Princess is repeating her clothes she is changing a detail as belt, tops and so on.

And now, she is using fantaisy jewellery as pearls collar, or other half prcious stones or totally fantaisy that fit her very well, particulary the long necklace that she is wearing in two or three long ranks. Absolutly beautiful.

I think Letizia needs to invest more money at jackets instead of purses and shoes. Most of Felipe Varela's jackets were like ordinary office wears, fabrics of poor quality and badly tailored. He seldom got it right on the shoulders and sleeves.

Are you sure it's an other colour or it's only the light?

If it's not the same dress (different colours),so it's not called recycling ;)

dazzling said:
they are different colors. one is black and the other is purple. There are clearer pictures of that dress (worn with white coat) and its black:)

yes but it is the same model!! :flowers:

I really love that Letizia's clothes look very sharp and elegant, but very comfortable at the same time. For me comfort is key when it comes to clothes. So IMO she has the winning combination!

I was watching a documentary aired by TVE a couple of days before the wedding, and I realised that Letizia had already used this coat before then. It didn't mention where it was, but it seemed like a private outing with Jaime de Marichalar. Anyway, it was before May 2004.

Here's the photo from the second time she wore it, during their visit to Sweeden, in April 2005:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128007&d=1113914333
(UKPress)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom