Prince William Current Events 17: September-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beauties of diplomatic immunity :D :cool:

The beauties of diplomatic immunity :D :cool:
He is not a diplomat and should not have been let off a fine that other people would have to pay. Another example of the way these two men break the law and get away with it. :bang:

Double yellows are not there to inconvenience people, they are there because of safety issues, to other drivers and pedestrians.

Does he generally drive to the night clubs or does his bodygaurd drive? I thought that he generally parks in the parking lot not on the street.

He should have paid it. He shouldn't get away with breaking the law.
He wasnt avoiding paying the odd parking fee. The issue is that in Central London ther are very few designated parking spaces for non-residents, and often if you arrive with a driver, there is no place to leave the car. For security reasons, the cars of royals cannot be left in far away parking lots, and therefore, drivers park on double yellow lines. Its very normal, and is something that not just royals but a lot of normal people do as well

The issue is that in Central London ther are very few designated parking spaces for non-residents, and often if you arrive with a driver, there is no place to leave the car. For security reasons, the cars of royals cannot be left in far away parking lots, and therefore, drivers park on double yellow lines. Its very normal, and is something that not just royals but a lot of normal people do as well
Royals and anyone else for that matter are able to phone their drivers to come and pick them up, which many do. The only cars 'allowed' to park on double yellows are police officers when attending an incident or scene. A ticket should have been issued to the driver of the vehicle.

Anyone else, parking on double yellow lines anywhere in the country is subject to a fine and penalty points, the point you make that 'normal people' also do it, does not mean they can avoid a fine when caught. It also does not make it right that William seems to believe himself above the law.

Royals and anyone else for that matter are able to phone their drivers to come and pick them up, which many do. The only cars 'allowed' to park on double yellows are police officers when attending an incident or scene. A ticket should have been issued to the driver of the vehicle.

Anyone else, parking on double yellow lines anywhere in the country is subject to a fine and penalty points, the point you make that 'normal people' also do it, does not mean they can avoid a fine when caught. It also does not make it right that William seems to believe himself above the law.

In an ideal world, there are a suitable number of easily accessible parking spaces, so such situations do not occur. In practice, there can be a bit of time lag between when a car is sent for, when it arrives, and when the prospective passenger emerges from wherever they have been. In such a situation, the car may have to wait. If it is not obstructing traffic, there should really be no issue. We all know that parking attendants in London do not remove cars because they may be obstructing traffic or be dangerous - they remove them because they are remunerated for doing so. I doubt if William himself would have tried to negotiate to save 40quid on a ticket. It was probabaly the police officer who tried to get away without letting the attendant issue the ticket. Hardly a crime!!!

How would Prince William know not to shake hands with that man? I'm not familiar with all this.

Love your avitar of our royalty. Jackie was our queen in the United States.:flowers:

^was about to write the same thing!

Question, how is William so different to Harry? Because in my opinion William seems to do a lot of stupid things, but he never gets as much crap from the media as Harry!!

Love your avitar of our royalty. Jackie was our queen in the United States.:flowers:

Thank you, I love Jackie as well. :wub:

As for Prince William vs Prince Harry I think people put them into these boxes. Harry is the "bad boy" and William is the "mama's boy/future king."

With regards to the article mentioned above, Prince William was on duty at the time the Indonesian Chief of Defense forces was visiting the British Chief of Defense staff. They went to visit a unit and it so happened they visited the Household Cavalry and Prince William was on duty as the Orderly Officer of the Day at the time.
It was just an accidental encounter, Prince William didn't commit a gaffe. He shook the hand of someone that was introduced to him as he passed their group in the hallway. I don't see how he can be seen as having endorsed the Indonesian military in any way, he was being polite and greeting someone that a superior officer introduced to him.
If anything, the officer that introduced the Indonesian CoD to William should shoulder the blame in this case. He should have thought about the implications before introducing those people to Prince William.

New Statesman - Arms and the prince

"According to the MoD, the Indonesian chief of defence forces was paying "a call" on the British Chief of Defence Staff to "build defence relations" and, "as is customary when hosting foreign representatives, a visit to a military unit was organised". Thus, it just so happened that the unit they went to visit was the Household Cavalry. It also just so happened that Prince William was the orderly officer of the day.
According to the MoD, "This was purely a chance encounter." Clarence House played the meeting down even further, saying that the prince happened to be introduced to the generals as "they passed each other in a corridor"."

I don't see how Prince William is to blame in this situation.

I don't see how Prince William is to blame in this situation.
Tonya, since when did the facts matter? According to the New Statesman headline, Prince William is not only "schmoozing dictators and thugs" but the story asks the question "Have they [the Royal Family] become lobbyists for the UK arms industry?"

All this from a polite handshake made in full view of the cameras. The Windsors must have more power than any of us realised! :D
What it does go to show is that the New Statesman is just as prone to ridiculous hyperbole as any trash tabloid.

Pics 12.12.2007

Prince William leaving Boujis NightClub London, England - 12.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

WHy are there are so many pics of Harry and only about three pictures of William. Is it because Harry was supposed to be in SA? There was one more pic of William in which he was dressed in dress trousers, a stripped shirt, and dress jacket.

Tonya, since when did the facts matter? According to the New Statesman headline, Prince William is not only "schmoozing dictators and thugs" but the story asks the question "Have they [the Royal Family] become lobbyists for the UK arms industry?"

All this from a polite handshake made in full view of the cameras. The Windsors must have more power than any of us realised! :D
What it does go to show is that the New Statesman is just as prone to ridiculous hyperbole as any trash tabloid.

For the New Statesman, it's just journalism with an agenda, in this case the agenda of promoting anti-monarchist sentiments.

It was a gaffe for the MOD to allow it to happen, and unfortunately the gaffe is embarrassing to them, because the visitors will use it as PR. But it is not Prince William's fault. He was being used for others' agendas, as so often happens to the royal family.

With regards to the article mentioned above, Prince William was on duty at the time the Indonesian Chief of Defense forces was visiting the British Chief of Defense staff. They went to visit a unit and it so happened they visited the Household Cavalry and Prince William was on duty as the Orderly Officer of the Day at the time. .....
If anything, the officer that introduced the Indonesian CoD to William should shoulder the blame in this case. He should have thought about the implications before introducing those people to Prince William.
The MOD is entirely to blame for this incident and knows it. No other Junior Officer would have been introduced to any visitor and as the MOD knew who the visitors were that day, it should not have happened. The OC was probably overruled when he objected to the suggestion that William be appointed Orderly Officer that day and indeed introduced. William was in no way to blame.

It is so much easier to lay the blame at the RF's feet, than at the governments (MOD), where it actually belongs.

Last edited:
PRINCE William is being headhunted to become chief of the legendary SAS force, motto Who Dares Wins.
Senior officers in the crack army regiment have invited the 25-year-old prince to take over as their new Colonel-in-Chief

Prince set to head SAS

I just wondering if Prince William would become a professional soldier if he gets into an area of the military that would give him a passion for it? It is just a thought that I had. His father, Prince Charles will be a hard act to follow.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Why is that Senior officers in SAS want their new Colonel-in-Chief? Just because he is a young royal and Second in line for the throne or because he is good junior officer and has interest in the SAS. What is an equerry? Why use th tern headhunted? I think do some training with them maybe enough to be able to wear the wings.

^ An equerry is like an aide-de-camp (ADC) and is always a military officer who is attached for a certain period to the Royal Household. The equerry usually comes from the Household Cavalry. I have a friend in England who was in the HC in the 90s and he was an equerry assigned to the Duke of Gloucester and his term, I think, was supposed to be three years. Although..... he left their service before that because they "didn't see eye to eye," is all he will say. He is very mature about it, will not say a nasty thing about them, which I admire so much.

Prince William and Prince Harry have an equerry I think. Before he was promoted to their private secretary, Lowther-Pinkerton was their equerry. The statements about William's trip to NZ in 2005 always referred to L-P as his equerry.

Mark Dyer is or was equerry to Prince Charles, though I think now he doubles as an aide for PW and PH.

Last edited:
I wonder if the SAS might suit his personality to do it professionally after the air force and navy in 2008.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody is individually stylish in an utterly homogenous way.

Sums up the whole partying 20-something crowd for me, but then I'm a oldfarty 40-something. :D

For those who want to know more about Boujis and Mahiki clubs:

Boujis doesn't sound like a comfortable place to socialize.
Mahiki sounds like a better place.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom