Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the happy couple!!! And to both of their families

Oppie said:
I'm really surprised how short notice this is, I wonder if they are even planning on inviting foriegn royals.

Henri brother Jean who had children out of wedlock were Count/Countess after there parents got married until Henri elevated them to Prince/Princess (just as a side note)

maybe tessa is pregnant again so they are acting quickly:wub:

No way! I would be so disappointed in them if it turned out that they didn't learn their lesson the first time around. But if they do have a child sometime within the next 8-10 months I don't know what I'd think...

I think perhaps they wanted to wait until Louis was 20? It's no better than being 19, but at least he is no longer a teenager.

I wish them the best and I sincerely hope that both sets of parents are there to support them!

that good news for both couples getting married but both have son and im sure both will have rights for titles of HRH till his dad says ok for HRH of styles or not get HRH more rights dues of his parent's respectives.

Does anyone have an address where to congratulate them ? Thanks in advance

rominet09 said:
Does anyone have an address where to congratulate them ? Thanks in advance

If you plan to send them a card try to find an official address at the website for the embassy.

So I see the kids are getting married.
Those are good news for everyone, not only brings a sort of royal legitimacy to the child but also makes them take their life now a little more serious. A child is a lifetime commitment. I still think they are too young but there is now a kid to take care of and there is the paparazzi radar narrowing on them. By getting married the breath of a scandal gets subdued and the press can leave them alone.

Great news, glad that they're getting married!

Hopefully we'll get to see some lovely wedding pictures.

morhange said:
I think perhaps they wanted to wait until Louis was 20? It's no better than being 19, but at least he is no longer a teenager.

Nice idea but it's probably a cultural thing with English speaking people. In French the «teenage» phase is called «adolescence» and at 18, technically, you are no longer an «adolescent» but an adult. A young one but still an adult. :)

Eliza said:
Great news, glad that they're getting married!

Hopefully we'll get to see some lovely wedding pictures.

Oh yes! Maybe even more than three this time. Plus little Gabriel might attend.

Yay! This is wonderful news! Someone asked the question earlier, and I was wondering the same: did Louis choose to give up his rights or was that decided for him?

I sincerely hope that it is a decision that Louis and Tessy made and not a decision that there parents made.

Best wishes to the both of them. When is the wedding taking place.

Stellad

I dont understand why he has to renounce his rights to the throne. When him and Tessy marry the baby becomes legit and would get whatever title any other legit baby would get. I still think it is to soon. They should wait longer until the baby grows a bit more and then see if their ready for marriage. But congrats.

ok, i don't mean to reiterate what i said over on the first page, nor do i mean to sound pessimistic, or put a damper on what, mostly, everyone is calling a "joyous event", but this just sounds tooooooo similar to his uncle's situation. if it is anything like that, and it sounds like that's the case, then it's going to end badly. both louis and tessy are far to young to be married, and it's those marriages that usually fail. to get married for the sake of saving face- and that's what this sounds like, is the wrong reason. this sounds too much like the case of their parents basically "steering" them in the "right" direction, which i'm sure they're believing is the "right thing to do", when in fact they're screwing up the lives of not only their children, but their descendents, themselves, and everyone else involved and around them, and the fallout is going to be ugly, like it always is. i sincerely hope that louis and tessy are in love, because it'll be that love that'll have to keep them together through, what's going to be, a rough trip for the rest of their lives because they're, basically, going to end up growing up together, and we all know that ppl change when they grow up. with that said, i wish them luck, but not congrats for the bride, and best wishes for the groom, because they'll need more luck and the grace of God than anything.

Princejohnny25 said:
I dont understand why he has to renounce his rights to the throne. When him and Tessy marry the baby becomes legit and would get whatever title any other legit baby would get. I still think it is to soon. They should wait longer until the baby grows a bit more and then see if their ready for marriage. But congrats.

Gabriel will be legitimate, but that doesn't mean he will be able to become a full prince with titles. He was still born out of wedlock, and I think that barrs you from titles, unless the Grand Duke bestows some on him.

why must louis give up his rights to the succession? does anyone know?

Henri's brother had to give up his rights to throne because of child out wedding. But then, Henri changed it and he got the title back. So this is for me really mistery :confused:

I have a question for those experts here in the forum.

Prince Louis will give up his rights to the succesion of the Luxemburgo throne, so the future children he might have with his wife will be born without rights, that's clear from my point of view. But what happens with Gabriel? Since he was born before his father renounce he will have right to the succesion of the thone, won't he? Or the Luxemburg Laws clearly specify that those born out of wedlock are born without rights? Is this a written Law or more like a tradition?

I guess that with Princes Guillaume and Felix the succesion is guaranteed, and there won't be a problem with the rights of Gabriel, but maybe some of the wiser members of this forum will clarify this inquiry I have.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats to the happy couple! Is he giving up his right because he didn't seek approval for the marriage? Or did he get approval?

Congratulation! I hope they'll be very happy.:flowers:

Congratulations and good luck:lucky: to them both. I only hope that they have thought it through carefully and are not being pressured into 'doing the right thing'.

But what happens with Gabriel? Since he was born before his father renounce he will have right to the succesion of the thone, won't he? Or the Luxemburg Laws clearly specify that those born out of wedlock are born without rights? Is this a written Law or more like a tradition?

Children born outside of marriage do not have succession rights. Gabriel never had them. The children have to be more in marriage and marriages the are in accordance with house laws (I take that to mean the Head of the House would have to approve the marriage, in this case Grand Duke Henri)

More information is avalible at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_Luxembourgian_Throne

I think we need to be careful when discussing Henri actions around his son. He may have given his personal blessing as a father, but not as a Grand Duke.

I am also curious as to whether Prince Louis is voluntarily giving up his succession rights or if it is a matter of their house laws? I don't know much about Luxembourg royals but they strike me as a more progressive, modern ruling family so I would like to know the reason. Anybody?

Wow. Don't know why I'm suprised by this news. I wish them all the luck and happiness in the world now and LATER in life. Goodness knows they are going to need all the help and luck they can get.

Holy cow, I was only absent for a few days and look what happens?! I'm shocked, frankly. I didn't expect them to marry after having Gabriel. This was way out of left field. Now, as much as I hope their marriage is a happy and successful one, I question the motivations. No one bash me for that, because it's a legitimate concern and don't bear them any ill will. I know of too many people who have a child before marriage, end up getting married, then eventually divorce. Oh well, I hope it works for them.

Marcus said:
I have a question for those experts here in the forum.

Prince Louis will give up his rights to the succesion of the Luxemburgo throne, so the future children he might have with his wife will be born without rights, that's clear from my point of view. But what happens with Gabriel? Since he was born before his father renounce he will have right to the succesion of the thone, won't he? Or the Luxemburg Laws clearly specify that those born out of wedlock are born without rights? Is this a written Law or more like a tradition?

I guess that with Princes Guillaume and Felix the succesion is guaranteed, and there won't be a problem with the rights of Gabriel, but maybe some of the wiser members of this forum will clarify this inquiry I have.

Thanks in advance.

I imagine that a child born out of wedlock won't have rights if there are legitimate children of the same father. Thus there is a probability that the next child of the same parents but born after the marriage would have a closer claim to the throne than his older brother. As there are no other grandchildren of the current duke around and there probably won't be any for the next two or three years, it's seems like a sensible idea for prince Louis to solve this problem this way.

I mean, little Marius in Norway is only the elder half-brother of the future queen Ingrid, he is not Haakon's son. But how would the world react if Marius actually was the son of Haakon and Mette-Marit, but born out of wedlock, so his baby sister would be the heiress and not him, even though his parents married later? That would pose so many problems! There are constitutions which allow for a later legitimization of children in case their parents married (like Monaco) and others who don't (Britain). I'm not sure about Luxemburg but wouldn't wonder if it was like in Britain or the former German states.

Louis has decided to give up his rights and Gabriel's rights to the throne. He chose to do it in this way. Louis will keep his title (HRH prince of Luxembourg), but Tessy and Gabriel will only bear the surname ''de Nassau'' (of Nassau) and will not have any titles. I think he did this so the Luxemburgian people would accept the marriage. Guillaume, Felix and Sebastien can succeede their father, so the Luxemburgian throne succeeding is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom