Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you do raise a good question though. What schools? Tokyo has bunch of schools including formal and informal schools, and if you go through a system, you could hardly graduate in a year or two. My guess is that she kind of went through for professonal training instead of getting a degree. This is in no way a dispute of her capabilities, folks, before you yell at me. But I am questioning the motive of listing a resume in such a vague sense that Denmark's court always does, for instance, Mary's.

Maybe Alexandra went to Tokyo just for a year-long exchange trip. Universities love exchange programs.

Originally posted by Poppy@Jul 27th, 2004 - 10:20 am
Maybe Alexandra went to Tokyo just for a year-long exchange trip. Universities love exchange programs.
but then, why not mention the name of the school? :innocent:

Thanxs for the pictures Chatleen. I like the shirt she wore in the second picture.And it seems like in privaye, she dresses younger than she does in public and not the way most people think a 40 year old would dress. It looks good on her, I think because she doesn't look 40.

Great pictures Chatleen :flower: Her style is very much trendy and fashionably different from what she looks like on official engagements. I think it's fantastic and great that she takes such excellent care of herself so that she looks absolutely fabulous at 40! Right on Princess Alexandra!! :D

I guess, she'll be busy writing her children's book.

I've read the Princess agreed to write the foreword to the book. :flower:

Alexandra looks nice and her smile is indeed warm and radiant :flower: , but I still don't like the dress. It's very 80s Dynasty like :unsure:..and her hair clip looks like a red version of CP Mary's, maybe they bought a pack and shared them. :p

Article in BT, August 9th:

Tilløbsstykke på Schackenborg

Prinsesse Alexandra smilede om kap med solen, da hun og prins Joachim overværede den traditionelle Guldhornskoncert, der for første gang blev afviklet på gårdspladsen til Schackenborg Slot.

750 jyder havde købt billet til koncerten, og alle fik ved indgangen udleveret en halvliters flaske vand og en bøllehat for at dæmpe varmen.
En kavalkade af sange præsenteret af Kurt Ravn, Ghita Nørby og Susanne Elin fik de mange gæster op af stolene. Musikken blev leveret af Sønderjyllands Symfoniorkester, der blev dirigeret af Svend Skipper, gift med Ghita Nørby.
»Det blev da vist en stor succes. Vi var bange for varmen, så der blev udleveret en flaske vand og en bøllehat. Vi ville undgå, at nogen fik det for varmt i sommerheden. Det gik fint under hele koncerten, der varede en time og tre kvarter«, siger Søren Frederiksen, godsinspektør på Schackenborg Gods.

Guldhornskoncerten er tidligere blevet afviklet i en af de store lader på det kongelige gods, men er nu flyttet ind på slotsgården. Overskuddet fra koncerten går til kulturelle aktiviteter i området. Navnet Guldhornskoncerten kommer fra fundet af de gamle guldhorn. Fundet skete på Schackenborgs jorder.

Summary:

Now it says that 750 people had purchased tickets to the concert held at Schackenborg. Due to the heat, everyone was given a bottle of water and at hat, when they arrived :blink: :D

Søren Frederiksen, inspector with Scackenborg Castle, says that the concert was a huge success. Profit from the concert will benefit local cultural activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra looks much younger in private life

sky said:
Thanxs for the pictures Chatleen. I like the shirt she wore in the second picture.And it seems like in privaye, she dresses younger than she does in public and not the way most people think a 40 year old would dress. It looks good on her, I think because she doesn't look 40.

I sometimes thinks she looks older than 40 for public events but when she is in private she looks very young, sexy and stylish.

ennyllorac said:
I don't see the difference??

Joachim looks older than Alexandra does, although she's five years older than he is. Actually, I thought, at the beginning, that Joachim was older than Frederik!

ennyllorac said:
I don't see the difference??

Can't you see, how swetty Joachim is? He really looks like, it is too hot for him, while Alexandra seems very comfortable ;)

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Joachim looks older than Alexandra does, although she's five years older than he is. Actually, I thought, at the beginning, that Joachim was older than Frederik!
Joachim is a smoker and I mean a serious smoker. Unless he has quit recently he is very devoted to it. I would say that he is on the same page as both his mother and brother in that respect. I would guess that he is most likely smokes a pack or half of one a day, that in itself will age you quickly especially if you don't take extra precautions where your skin and teeth and concerned.

There is a picture there of the princess wearing a white sleeveless attire. She looks so sexy. Her figure doesn't really tell you that she is 40 and she has 2 kids. The outfits she chose are great provided of the temperature of the place. She really had fun together with the girls. Their pictures show happy faces.

LOve her pink shoes.

Thanks so much for these scans Chatleen! I love Alexandra's dress and her shoes. Feminine and flirty! (Wonder where I can get that dress for myself?!)

Alex is looking good (though not a big fan of that bow on her shoulder). The dress is very very nice!! And the shoes... what can I say.. just lovely!

I never knew that Alex wore these types of clothes. It didn't seem like she did before... any old photos of her wearing similar clothes, or is this a new style being adopted?

Jasl said:
I never knew that Alex wore these types of clothes. It didn't seem like she did before... any old photos of her wearing similar clothes, or is this a new style being adopted?

I think that as discussed elsewhere, what we see Alexandra wearing when performing royal duties is quite different than what she wears in private going for lunch with friends, at concerts, hanging out at home. I think that she's always had a funkier private style but we are not seeing it until now.

Yeah that's what I meant... never really saw much of her private style and even then, it was normally jeans and tops and not soft dresses. I suppose that's why I asked for the older photos, because the older photos I've seen of her doing private things shows her wearing jeans and tops.... and I would've liked to see her in more softer styles, hence the request.

I suppose the pic below is her official style. (o yeah, new article from BT.. don't know what it says though..)

Driving miss Alex

An article from BT

Image: http://images.bt2.metropol.dk/241/241368/241368_small.jpg
Prinsesse Alexandra ser ud til at få sit længe næret ønske om en privatchauffør opfyldt. På foranledning af de Konservative vil prins Joachims årpenge på 2,6 millioner kroner blive forhøjet så meget, at der bliver råd til ansætte en chauffør til hustruen.

Indtil nu har Alexandra selv måttet stå for transporten, når hun har varetaget sine officielle pligter i Danmark. smo
Lagt på www.bt.dk den 14. august 2004 kl. 00:30

I think, that she has gradually changed her style through the years, maybe especially her private style has changed a lot. I would say, that she now looks more "Danish" than she did in the beginning.

I do think though, that the pictures of her available online most often shows the official Alexandra.

Jasl said:
so my asking whether or not she's changed her style isn't a bad thing. Why should it be?
I don't think, anyone thought you meant it as a bad thing, Jasl :)

Thanks for the scans Chatleen. Alexandra looks lovely, soft, and feminine. I liked the dress until I saw the borders. I think the white trimming around the edges gives the outfit an athletic look to it., especially with string at the waist. Other than that I love her shoes and her gorgeous laugh.:)

It's also good to see her parents in good health, happy and out an about.:)

2004 Ecco Walkathon

Princess Alexandra of Denmark attending the 2004 Ecco Walkathon in Copenhagen today where the Princess also walked 6 kilometers.
Pictures from www.imaginescandinavia.dk

Attachments

• IMAGINE-124397-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124397-2004-08-22.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAGINE-124395-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124395-2004-08-22.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAGINE-124393-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124393-2004-08-22.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMAGINE-124391-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124391-2004-08-22.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMAGINE-124384-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124384-2004-08-22.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAGINE-124386-2004-08-22.jpg
    IMAGINE-124386-2004-08-22.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 234
from
imagine scandinavia

Attachments

• 124296.jpeg
    124296.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 124297.jpeg
    124297.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 124298.jpeg
    124298.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 124368.jpeg
    124368.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 124375.jpeg
    124375.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 124376.jpeg
    124376.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 124377.jpeg
    124377.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 124378.jpeg
    124378.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 124380.jpeg
    124380.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 250
excellence family

Princess Alexandra - Prince Joachim - Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai
excellence family for European Royal Families

zozi said:
Princess Alexandra - Prince Joachim - Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai
excellence family for European Royal Families
She is one woman you can't help but admire - a great woman, a great mother, a great princess an all round great person...how rare is that?! ^___^

You are right hillary nugent....'kind' of her is very rare ..how lucky QMII and the Danes...(by the way I am not Chinese, Danish, Austrian or even Polish but I like princess Alexandra as she is)

Polfoto 30-08-2004 Prins Joachim og prinsesse Alexandra aflagde mandag besøg på Maersk Sealands nye containerskib ved Langelinie i København. Skibsreder Jess Søderberg (bagerst) viste rundt. (Rikke Milling/POLFOTO)

Attachments

• DK-ch121297.jpg
    DK-ch121297.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 336
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom