Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and Current Events Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for News and Current Events of Princess Ingrid Alexandra!

You can find the previous thread here:

** Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

It seems Ingrid passed her driving test on her birthday. There are pictures of her driving on her own.

Ingrid has a volskwagen id0.3 and his father has a tesla model x.

Has the Princess announced any plans for education or what she will be doing?

Has the Princess announced any plans for education or what she will be doing?

In her 18th birthday interview (with thanks to Princess_Eleanor for translating for us) she explained why she did not want to announce her plans for the future to the public:

Interviewer: What happens after high school?

Ingrid: We have a plan, but it changes often. I do not want to share it with the public yet, because it can change. And then I would set expectations for myself that it is perhaps wise to avoid.

Interviewer: Can the Princess say anything about which educational choices she is considering?

Ingrid. I have considered many, but it changes.

Interviewer: We have seen the Princess visit Camp Rena, you have flown on the F-16 in Bodø. Tell me about that.

Ingrid: It was pretty cool. I learnt a great amount about the military on my trips. They were also my first official engagements alone. Both visits were absolutely fantastic! I met a lot of wonderful people. Especially when I visited Rena – I met an all-female unit who was around my age. They welcomed me so wonderfully and were absolutely amazing. The flight was also very educational. Both visits were absolutely fantastic!

Interviewer: So will the Princess join the military?

Ingrid: I would rather not answer that.

Interviewer: But as monarch, you will be the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces. Do you have to join the Armed Forces to become Queen?

Ingrid: I have conscription on an equal footing with everyone else. The Constitution does not say that I need a military education. Not just because of my role, at least.

Interviewer: Would the Princess consider a gap year?

Ingrid: We’ll see.

At the moment she is a second-year student in high school, with one more year to complete, as akina21 said. She and her younger brother both attend Elvebakken, a highly selective public high school in Oslo. Princess Ingrid Alexandra is enrolled in the general studies track, as one would expect of a future queen.

More about her school and its course offerings can be read on its website.

https://elvebakken.vgs.no/fagtilbud/studiespesialisering/studiespeslialisering-vg1/

General information about the national curriculum for the general studies track can be read here:

https://www.vilbli.no/en/en/no/specialization-in-general-studies/program/v.st

Thank you both. I was thinking with my American thinking cap on. I was under the impression that given that she turned 18 earlier on she would be graduating the equivalent of high school soon

Last edited:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Boyfriend Information:

Magnus Heien Haugstad is currently studying in England at Lancaster University Management School. He is from Jar in Bærum and is the son of lawyer Hans Haugstad.

https://sosialnytt.com/avslort-dette-er-kjaeresten-til-prinsesse-ingrid-alexandra/

He seems to have been in the UK for almost 2 years, so if they've been in a relationship for some time, it will have been mostly a long-distance relationship.

Last year (Sep 2020 - Jun 2021) he did a University Foundation Program, Business, Economics & Maths at St. Clare's, Oxford
In October 2021, he started his Bachelor's programme at Lancaster University: Business Analytics BSc, Accounting and Business/Management. He expects to graduate in June 2024.

Upcoming event for Ingrid Alexandra, continuing her visits to the military branches.

20.10.2022 The Norwegian Navy
Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra visits The Norwegian Navy.

Upcoming event for Ingrid Alexandra, continuing her visits to the military branches.

Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra visits The Norwegian Navy.

No pictures or reports came from this visit but now a new one has been added to the calendar.

25/10/2022
Visiting the Army
HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra visits Setermoen camp. Pool: NRK and NTB.

Did the last visit with the tower jump not count because it was her confirmation gift?

"Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco

Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra visits The Norwegian Navy."

No pictures or reports came from this visit but now a new one has been added to the calendar.

25/10/2022
Visiting the Army
HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra visits Setermoen camp. Pool: NRK and NTB.

The Palace posted pictures from both visits today

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=216371&sek=26939

Great visits! nice to see the interest

The overriding impression I always get of IA is that she may indeed be kind, beautiful, and intelligent — but she is one tough chick.

It will be interesting to see how she fulfills her compulsory service, given she's been so cagey about joining the military, but she does seem like she'd fit right in.

Was her parachute jump part of a visit to the armed forces (I seem to recall that but am not completely sure)?

Was her parachute jump part of a visit to the armed forces (I seem to recall that but am not completely sure)?

She did a tower jump visiting the army. This one seems to only have been publicized now.

Back
Top Bottom