Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie was back in Denmark this weekend!

The couple arrived in the Joachim's brand spanking new flashy and tacky black Maserati Quattroporte. The name of the new kid, Josephine Margaretha Victoria Fleming and Mary was the godmother. The event took place at Valdemar Castle, Tasinge.

Also attending the Fleming christening: Carina and Gustav, Alexandra and Martin, and Mary and Frederik.

Click here , here , here Marie arriving in Denmark with Joachim at her side and one more to view the photos. Of course, my favorite new blog, Gekroonde Hoofden, has many more photos to enjoy.

I hate, hate her sheer black tights, :yuk: (in fact, I hate panty hose all together. Too granny, ick.) Spring is over, time to burn those ugly things and never ever wear them again.

Other than that the couple look happy together as always.

OMG!! This is HUGE. Marie is popping up at all these family/friends events like Mary did before she got engaged. Also, we know now that she has met Mary for sure! I think she looks good! I would have done bone or tan shoes, though, with such a light suit.

Still, she's wearing something similar to what we'd see Mary wearing. :flowers:

Last edited:
She's stopped talking to the press as much. I didn't see any backlash in the Danish press for her saying that. (Glittering Tiaras correct me if I'm wrong)

As far as I remember, no, not really.

The only backlash came from sporadic royal enthusiasts and loyalists to Countess Alexandra. But like all things, those sentiments eventually died down, but typically a rabid Countess Alexandra fan will bash Marie for no apparent reason other than to irritate others.

I believe it will stay like that, there will always be people comparing Alexandra and Marie, just like there will always be people who like Alexandra over Marie or Marie over Alexandra. That's normal and I have to say, not as much as it used to be on this forum. I think Marie looks like a sweet girl and if she and Joachim are happy, I hope they do get married, if or when is up to this couple. There were a lot of people who didn't like Mary at first and now adore her. I say, let the couple be and don't let them rush in to marriage.

Cheers,
Josette

Well, Marie looked good at this event,I liked her coat, she seemed happy. so Joachim did BUT why should she wear black stockings? It is summer after all!

i like the sheer black stockings with the pink suite coat dress. the material of the dress along with the shade of pink matches well with sheer black stockings. im sure she could have worn taupe,tan or even white but the sheer black stockings paired with black pumps draws more attention to the dress by down playing the legs. just my opinion also the material of the dress seems to be thick not light and airy. now if the dress was light and airy & pink a light style of sockings and shoes would have been a better choice imho
i think they look so cute together

Looks like an engagement will be announced sooner rather than later. I think there will definitely be some news by the end of summer.

Do you think Joaquim will want to get an engagement so soon!! I don't think so but....

Do you think Joaquim will want to get an engagement so soon!! I don't think so but....
The fact that Marie is being so openly courted by Joachim, even to the extent of attending events with other family members, indicates that the relationship is very settled and on the path to an engagement.

Well, Marie looked good at this event,I liked her coat, she seemed happy. so Joachim did BUT why should she wear black stockings? It is summer after all!

I wondered the same thing. those stockings seemed so hot in that sunny weather. maybe she was concerned it would be cold in the church.

I am still not sure about my attitude towards Marie. She seems sweet...:wub:
We'll see...Appearing in family event doesn't mean wedding is on the cards.
I really wish joachim to be happy and settled and if he considers her right woman for him, so LET IT BE!!!!

Yes I'am starting to like her but...I don't know, my opinion is that status is very important to her...this is my opinion!

I like Marie. She has a beautiful smile, she seems very nice. I hope they marry soon ;)

Yes I'am starting to like her but...I don't know, my opinion is that status is very important to her...this is my opinion!

what makes you think that? I havent seen her really pushing herself to fit in, to me it seems,like me or not the way i am, this is me, a fun person

what makes you think that? I havent seen her really pushing herself to fit in, to me it seems,like me or not the way i am, this is me, a fun person

I don´t understand why many people have problems with Marie´s black stockings. It´s completely ok for me that she wore so in summer.

I don´t think that Marie cares status so much. After all, she is from a wealthy family and visited private internat etc. She has status already.
The only negative impression she gave me was that she was too talkative. Although it is obvious that she likes to be interviewed and photographed, this is not a problem for me. Honestly, which pretty woman doesn´t like to be photographed?

I agree that Marie is a fun person who likes to have a lot of fun. This could be exactly the reason why Joachim likes her.

She was not at the ceremony this weekend! I thought so, my opinion is that Mary doesn't like her too mucht or that she isn't so in the family has we think she is....

She was not at the ceremony this weekend! I thought so, my opinion is that Mary doesn't like her too mucht or that she isn't so in the family has we think she is....

I wonder what makes you think so. Where did you get the impression that Mary doesn't like Marie?

I believe that in a "normal" family the second son would have been free to bring his new girlfriend while in such a family the presence of Marie would not only steal the show of Isabella's name, but become it's own topic.... So... I guess it was political correctness which prevented Marie from being present. After all, Joachim seemed to be in extraordinaily good spirits!

Marie was not invited on the weekend ceremony, maybe there is not official engagement. However, Gustav invited his girlfriend Carina.

Marie was not invited on the weekend ceremony, maybe there is not official engagement. However, Gustav invited his girlfriend Carina.
It seems as if Gustav and Carina are considered as de facto engaged/married by the family - only prevented from an actual engagement/marriage by the infamous will.

That Marie was not there is quite in keeping with the normal procedures in the royal family: only marriage partners or official fiancees are invited to these types of events.

I don't think it means anything, really.

I dont see why Mary wouldnt wanther around, maybe such events dont allow her to attened, Mary & Marie arent as close as we think OR she couldve been caught back at work, who knows?! it doesnt mean anything whether she did or didnt attened imo.

Mary said in her engagement interviews that they had long talks about the fact that a divorce was not a possiblity for them once they got married. I believe that at the time they approached the decision about an engagement, Joachim was already discussing divorce with his parents and brother - it is said that he waited till after Fred's wedding in order not to spoil it.

So it's my guess that Mary has commiserated with Joachim and has now every wish to see him happy again, as he is obvioulsy liked by Mary and she is so happy herself in her marriage. Thus Marie probably was received with open arms by the family including Mary.

I agree with you Jo of Palantine. Mary naturally wants to see Joachim happy, especially after the harsh time he was through, because the media blamed only him for the divorce. Now he defenetly seems happy with Marie, and I don't believe Mary has any problem with Marie at all. Moreover I agree that Marie was received with open arm by family , like Mary. Prince Henrik said in a recent interview that he finds Marie so sweet and he is pleased that they can speak French!

If an engagement were to be announced this year, I believe it would take place after the family gathering at Gråsten Palace. Perhaps sometime in mid-September or later.

Most likely I am way off, but if they are not engaged by that time, I do believe 2008 will be the year for the couple.

:flowers:

I don't think Marie not going to the christening wasn't a fact of Mary not liking her: it just wasn't in her place yet to attend it. I think that if they were engaged- secretly or official- Marie would have come, but I don't think that they're at that point yet. Besides, if she HAD come, there would have been all this gossip and speculation and attention on Marie and Joachim, and it would have taken all the attention off pretty Princess Isabella on her special day. And we may never know how Mary feels towards Marie, as what you see in public may be VERY different than what happens in private. Carina is pretty much a part of the royal family now, as she's been coming to events for ages.

And I also hate people comparing Marie to Alexandra and Mary. Of course, with ever new wedding, the bride will be compared to former wives, sisters-in-law, etc. It's wrong. Each woman is special in her own way. Princess X is no better than Princess Y or Princess Z, she is just different from them. The gossips just like cooking up these stories for media attention. Besides, if Joachim wanted an "Alexandra" he would have stayed married to her (and I honestly don't think he's looking for another Alexandra- or another painful divorce for himself and his little boys) and if he wanted a "Mary" he would have married her. Joachim wants a "Marie" and that is all that matters.

Well said, acdc1.
I just disagree with you on one point: I really think Joachim and Marie are secretly engaged...;) And I also think Marie didn´t attend Isabella´s christening because it´s not the tradition in the Royal family to admit a Prince´s companion at official events, when no announce of engagement has been made before.

While the Crown Prince couple are on holiday in Croatia, Joachim, the boys, and Marie are in Caix relaxing in the sun.

According to Se og Hor, Marie joined Joachim and the boys a couple of days after they arrived in Cahors and notes that the kids adore her (how the journalist knows this is beyond me.)

Click on the above link to read the article and to view four photos of Joachim and the kids at a farmer's market. Click here to see the cover of Se og Hor with a pap shot of Marie at Caix.

Nikolai and Felix are so cute. :wub:They look so happy. Joachim is a great dad.

It's good that she's interacting with the boys as much as possible. If she is seriously dating their father, or even going to marry him, she needs to have a nice, if not great, relationship with the boys. Of course, she doesn't need to be saying "I'm you're new mom" which I don't think she is. I think they adore her so much (you can tell from pictures that they do) because she's not trying to be a new mom, she's trying to be their friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom