Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by samitude@May 11th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
Well, I suppose they were reacting to the crowd's reaction. If the crowd is yelling and cheering them on then it would look odd for them to have solemn faces. On the other hand if the people are all mourning and crying like they would have been at the funeral then it would be appropriate to be solemn.
Definitly was a reaction to the crowd. I saw images on tv and people were totaly crazy, calling their names, cheering them, waiting for give some gifts to them (flowers, candies, ect), to ask for an authograph. Of course that they smile and went salute the public ;) The joke of the day was that they needed to leave the station because was too much people there and the trains traffic needed to start :p. Even an american gospel group that is in Spain went to the station to dedicate a song to the royal couple (the were on of the station stairs and when Felipe and Letizia passed by they started to sing), was realy a cute moment :flower: .

Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 12th, 2004 - 6:01 am
During to visit to the "Ciudad de valencia" Public School
Visita al Colegio Público "Ciudad de Valencia" . (Santa Eugenia. Madrid, 11 de mayo de 2004)
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/images/vic11m02g.jpg
I don't know if I would like people just reaching out through the crowd and touching me the way this woman here is touching Letizia's cheek. I know she/they probably mean well, but some personal space would be appreciated ... (I guess this is among the many reasons why I could not be a princess! ;) )

wasn't letizia's jacket similar to the one that pia haraldsen wore the day of maud angelica's cristening? at least the sime type of cloth...

Originally posted by carlota@May 12th, 2004 - 9:28 am
wasn't letizia's jacket similar to the one that pia haraldsen wore the day of maud angelica's cristening? at least the sime type of cloth...
Tweed jackets with the frayed edges or grosgrain ribbon is very popular right now. I don't remember Pia's jacket at Maud Angelica's christening, but it is not surprising that Letizia has this jacket now. Everyone is wearing them these days!

apparently it was more than i thought. and apparently not a very elegant attitude from letizia......... :huh:

(about yesterday's post) peñafiel and letizia, face to face

translation at freetranslation.com

Letizia reprende en público a un conocido columnista real

El reclamo se produjo durante un cóctel en honor del príncipe Felipe. Entredichos.

El periodista Jaime Peñafiel, en su columna del diario “El Mundo” habló de la altura de la futura reina y dijo que debe esforzarse por controlar su carácter.

MADRID.- “Mírame a los ojos, tú crees que estoy triste”, le dijo en forma tajante Letizia de Ortiz al conocido cronista real Jaime Peñafiel, durante el cóctel en honor del Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida luego de que le entregaron la Medalla de Honor de la Capital en el Ayuntamiento de Madrid. El motivo: una columna de Peñafiel en “El Mundo”, en la que habría conminado a la que un día será reina de España a “sonreír, sonreír y sonreír y a esforzarse por controlar su carácter”.
“Esfuérzate, Letizia -habría escrito Peñafiel-, no sólo para controlar tu carácter, sino para que no se produzca en ti esa terrible dualidad que posees: una sonrisa expansiva y espontánea, por un lado, como gélida es la expresión cuando se produce la repentina desaparición de esta sonrisa, por otro”.

Tensa conversación
“Yo no he dicho nunca que estés triste”, afirmó Peñafiel en su tensa conversación con la futura princesa de Asturias, a quien, acto seguido, recitó unos versos de Gutierre de Cetina: “Ojos claros, dulces y serenos, ya que miráis, no me miréis airados”. La reacción de Letizia fue inmediata: “yo no estoy airada”, enfatizó. “Pero estás enfadada”, puntualizó Peñafiel. “No estoy enfadada”, replicó ella. “Pero me estás regañando”, contestó él. No obstante, la cosa no quedó ahí, porque la prometida del príncipe tampoco tuvo pelos en la lengua a la hora de reprochar a su “azote mediático” un comentario en su columna sobre la diferencia de estatura entre ella y el que será su esposo. “Dicen que mides 1,68 y que, por culpa de esta estatura, te verás obligada, toda tu vida o mientras dure tu matrimonio, a llevar zapatos con tacones de ocho centímetros para arriba. Incluso de 15, por aquello de intentar acortar la descompensada estatura que te separa de los 1,97 de tu prometido”, había escrito Peñafiel. “Eso no es cierto”, le replicó Letizia, al tiempo que levantaba la pierna para mostrarle los tacones que llevaba en ese momento.

Otro dardo
La novia del príncipe, haciendo gala de su condición de ex periodista, lanzó otro dardo al columnista: “deberías llamar a la Casa Real para confirmar la información”, le dijo. La reprimenda de Letizia llamó la atención en España, porque se sale del protocolo habitual que no hace comentarios sobre lo publicado por la prensa.
Por su parte Peñafiel escribió en “El Mundo”, luego del entredicho: “lo peor que le puede ocurrir a un periodista es que se interpreten mal sus comentarios. O que, a pesar de su buena fe, no acierte con lo que dice”. (Dpa y Especial)

I like the rear-view shot of how Letizia's hair is pulled back into a ponytail. She looks a little strained and nervous, though under the cirucumstances I guess that is to be expected. Also I'm sure she has a lot to think about with the wedding preparations.

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his finance Letizia Ortiz, right, make a toast with the President of the autonomous government of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, before having lunch with members of the local government in Madrid Wednesday May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married May 22.

Felipe & Letizia

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe signs a guest book as his finance Letizia Ortiz looks on during their visit to the autonomous government of Madrid headquarters in Madrid Wednesday May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married May 22.

Felipe & Letizia

Casa Real
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida, Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, durante el almuerzo que el Gobierno de la Comunidad de Madrid ha ofrecido a la pareja en su sede de la Real Casa de Correos de la Puerta del Sol, y al que han asistido, entre otros, la presidenta de la Comunidad de Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre; el delegado del Gobierno en Madrid, Constantino Méndez; el alcalde de la ciudad, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón; la presidenta de la Asamblea, Concepción Dancausa; y los portavoces de la oposición, Rafael Simancas y Fausto Fernández.

Felipe & Letizia

I hope she knows what she's getting into. . . .I just keep seeing her adoring looks, and I don't see them reciprocated. . . .

I like her hair like that...It suits her face...

I hope she knows what she's getting into. . . .I just keep seeing her adoring looks, and I don't see them reciprocated. . . .

Hmm...Well, Felipe could be one of those people who don't always show their emotions. I also hope she knows what she's getting into but I don't think she'll find that out until after the wedding (& honeymoon). After all the commotion dies down and the Royal Family as well as the Spanish people get used to Letizia, then we'll see if she's up to it. I wish her the best of luck - it must absolutely horrendous to be scrutinized in detail by the press. :flower:

Originally posted by agm@May 12th, 2004 - 2:38 pm
Spanish Prince Felipe (L), and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz talk as they attend a bullfight at the San Isidro fair in the Ventas bullring in Madrid 12 May 2004. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz are to get married 22 May in Madrid.
I really like how Letizia has done her hair in these pictures. It's pulled back and off of her face without being pulled back so tightly that it's like an instant face lift. Her hair done like this frames her face nicely and doesn't emphasize so much the sharpness of her features.

Also really love the scarf she's got on! Great colours!

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 12th, 2004 - 1:42 pm
Not reciprocated ? It has been 'love in the air' for months even under the public eyes. They have shown great chemistry and lots of affections towards each other.

Originally posted by donnaK+May 12th, 2004 - 4:29 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ May 12th, 2004 - 4:29 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@May 12th, 2004 - 1:42 pm
Not reciprocated ? It has been 'love in the air' for months even under the public eyes. They have shown great chemistry and lots of affections towards each other. [/b][/quote]
I agree. Take a look at this

photo

Bullfighter El Califa, bottom right, throws his hat, to offer his first bull to Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, top second left, and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, top left, during a San Isidro Fair bullfight in Madrid, Wednesday, May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married on May 22.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Originally posted by Dennism+May 12th, 2004 - 3:32 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 12th, 2004 - 3:32 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donnaK@May 12th, 2004 - 4:29 pm

Not reciprocated ? It has been 'love in the air' for months even under the public eyes. They have shown great chemistry and lots of affections towards each other.
I agree. Take a look at this

photo [/b][/quote]
I just see him looking at her condescendingly.

Yahoo! News
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, right, listens as his fiancee Letizia Ortiz speaks during a San Isidro Fair bullfight in Madrid, Wednesday May 12, 2004. The couple is to be married on May 22. (AP Photo/EFE, Alberto Martin)
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...ight_mad807.jpg

Bullfighter El Califa, bottom right, throws his hat, to offer his first bull to Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, top second left, and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, top left, during a San Isidro Fair bullfight in Madrid, Wednesday, May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married on May 22. (AP Photo/EFE, Alberto Martin)
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...ince_mad806.jpg

I like the curliness at the ends of her hair in these shots. Poor girl-she looks rather tired around the eyes in some of these. Hopefully, she can get rested up a bit before the big day. :flower: :heart:

yes! you are right... she looks a bit tired in those pics.
also, from what i have noticed she is much more sad or maybe she doesn't speak as much as she did.. she had changed completely since she had been learning protocol, which is in part good but also bad: she had lost a lot of naturality. for example, that didn't happen with mary, who talks a lot, even after that 'classes'. it's a pity that letizia doesn't mainly because she wins so much talking...

Such a sweet, sweet moment-can't blame the girl, though. He is just about the handsomest of the European princes, I think. Very nice pictures-thanks so much. :heart:

what will happen this week is there any official events before all the pre wedding and the wedding?

Back
Top Bottom