Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks iceflower...love seeing pictures of this couple....

crisiñaki said:
It's just me or Pavlos looks way better now than he did then?:rolleyes: ;)

Well, I think he looked quite breathtaking at the time of his engagement/wedding; this has vanished slightly. But of course he
still is a very handsome man (perfect combination from the best of the King and Queen...:rolleyes:)

Thanks for the pic, Iceflower. I have always thought Pavlos was the epitome of the fairytale prince: Tall, Dark & Handsome!

On the picture above, what orders or medals is he wearing? The Greek monarchy is not reigning, also how do other royals perceive them?

As a couple they both looked great during the Engagement/early Wedding years...not that they don't look good now.......

Pavlos has the Elephant from Denmark, given to him in 1997. The rest of his orders are Greek, though he might have the Golden and Silver Jubilee medals from EIIR.

You are most welcome, Piaa and Bella :flowers:
Here are some pics from 1998, taken in Berkshire, England. I can't remember having seen them here before:

2nw3ner.jpg
2hp4046.jpg
48f2atf.jpg
4cxkswg.jpg
3y28nx4.jpg

(Seeger)

These pics must have been taken a while ago as Nico looks much better than today! his old handsome self!

Great pictures, Iceflower. I've never seen these ones either. I think MC looks refreshingly relaxed and happy.

You are most welcome, girls :flowers:

Here are two pics from 1999, they were attending a concert as part of a wedding celebration:

2duhtvk.jpg

2v99f2g.jpg

(polfoto)

Thanks, Iceflower. I've never seen these pics either. It must be hard on Pavlos with his cousins on both sides belonging to reigning royal families and he's exiled.

I think MC looks really good there...

I also think it is a shame that we don't see MC and Pavlos pictured with Frederick, Felipe and their wives......

iceflower said:
You are most welcome, girls :flowers:

Here are two pics from 1999, they were attending a concert as part of a wedding celebration:

It was the pre-wedding celebration of Pavlos' maternal cousin (hence also Prince Frederik's presence) Princess Alexandra Berleberg (eldest daughter to Princess Benedikte) to Count Jefferson von Pfeil. Behind Pavlos and Marie-Chantal is Alexandra's brother, Prince Gustav.

Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina and Inaki, Crown Prince Haakon also attended, as did Prince Nikolaos' girlfriend at the time, Sofie Egmont-Petersen.

Please, please some more pics from someone who´s able to scan!

Thanks for the addtional information, Alexandria, normally I do have a good memory for royal names, but Princess Alexandra Berleberg and Count Jefferson von Pfeil are a couple whose names I always forget :rolleyes: :)

Marie Chantal and Pavlos in New York in 1997, again I don't think it has been posted before:

4hixvkw.jpg

(gettyimages)

Very nice, Icelflower. Thank you. I really like MC's dress in this photo. I wonder what she does with all her gowns and dresses; if she's saving them for Maria Olympia, if her sisters trade off with her or if she donates then to charity.

the older M-chantal gets, the prettier she gets.

I do agree with you dazzling. As for pictures, there are many (small size) rarely seen pictures in the "magazine clips" part of the marie-chantal commercial website. They come from several magazines,

sita780 said:
The official GRF website has a collection of all christmas cards since 1985. Lovely to see... I like the fact that they integrated daughter-in-law (MC) and then son-in-law (Carlos) in them each year, after each wedding.

http://www.greekroyalfamily.gr/index.cfm?get=archive&show=photos&ItemID=183
What a great link, Sita780!!! I loved looking at the Christmas cards! Alexia looks so much like her father! MC doesn't look too happy, though, in the pics from 2003 & 2004. The one for last year was really precious with all the grandkids. Now we'll have to see what they do for this year. Thanks again!

MC's youngest child was obviously photohshopped in on the 2005 card. Grandpa's hands aren't anywhere near him and he appears to be just standing in his lap. . .too funny.

I'm pleased you liked it. I think it is just the kind of thing to look at when you are a bit depressed or stressed by anything. Such incarnation of family values through hardships just keeps you going, I think. I agree with Aphrodite 26, last year's card is not the best. Let's wait for the new one...

thank you

sita780 said:
I'm pleased you liked it. I think it is just the kind of thing to look at when you are a bit depressed or stressed by anything. Such incarnation of family values through hardships just keeps you going, I think. I agree with Aphrodite 26, last year's card is not the best. Let's wait for the new one...
You are right sita780, it's so nice to see a family like this. they're still together even though this family has gone through alot, it's very sad when people live far away from there country,they are a beatifull family thanks.miaamor:flowers:

There was a nice photo of QA-M on her new boat with the grandkids in a magazine somewhere. I wonder if that'll be this years photo.

Does anyone know if MC and Pavlos and Alexia and Carlos take separate photos for their X-Mas cards to their friends and if so where they can be found

I saw 2 cards of MC&Pavlos family : one in 2002 with all family sitting on the grass, with the Greek flag jumpers. The other in 2005 with the 4 kids wearing angel wings (I prefered the 1st card. The other was too artificial to my taste. But you surely need a professionnal photographer and a studio to manage with 4 little lively models like this...). I don't know how to find them now, I saw them on several boards.
So we can reasonably assume that Alexia and Pavlos do their own cards each year. Nice tradition.

There is a directory on the Greek Royal website here. Select "Christmas Card Photos".

Great links, Iceflower! MC and Pavlos were certainly more smiley back then. Pavlos looks like he's lost weight in recent years as compared to these photos. I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since the NY gala! Time is flying.

yeah...i miss seeing photos of them especially photos of the early years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom