Märtha Louise starting a school - news and discussion connected to the event

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's interesting that they're just quoting the negative remarks from the religious leaders - when this all started, Christian newspaper Vårt Land asked several Christian leaders - ranging from the state church to missionary organizations - how they felt about it - and not one of them mentioned excommunication. Many of them were doubtful about healing crystals and whatnot, though. I think that this is less of an actual problem for the church, and more something that has been blown up by the media, given that it is summer.

Its a pitty that there is not one article that gives negative & positive points. newspapers & magazines always try to exclude the positive for some reason also i think the media has put so much in it because of who she is which is not fair.
Summer is almost over, i wonder if theyll still talk about the same topic or move on..

Hasn't history shown us that when a person or group of people claim to have an ability or power (in this case HRH M-L) that bipasses or threatens the established order (in this case the Church or leading physicians), the establishment does everything possible to squash or ruin them?

If M-L started the school but had not planned to teach in it, would she have still received the same media attention & criticism she has?

Probably. The media would gloss over that little fact.

I admit I was a bit surprised when I read the news about Princess Martha Louise talking with animals and angels. I didn't know she was so spiritual!
I had a teacher who used to talk with plants. She said she could hear them singing, talking and even prayering. We, students, used to laugh with that but maybe she was right, who knows?
About the Church in Norway: the Princess didn't say anything contrary to the Gospel. The Bible is contrary to Astrology and to Magic, and not against special gifts.
For the catholic Church it wouldn't be a problem I guess. Saint Francis of Assis talked with animals too.

Last edited:
Angels appeared to and talked to people in biblical times so I don't see why it should be so unusual now. And the bible does mention the gift of prophecy among others. I also thought plants liked to be talked to - the carbon dioxide and all.

Martha Louise has unusual interests.:ohmy: I didn't know that. I am very sceptical about mistics, magic etc. It is very surprising that princess would start this kind of school. I did not expect this from royals in Europe, especially in Norway that is so modern.

I did not expect this from royals in Europe, especially in Norway that is so modern.

But don’t you think this is modern? I mean many this is a huge step of a royal starting something like this & isn’t spiritual etc stuff one of the “it” things today or do you mean what she is doing/said to do is going backwards?!

I think it has all been "pushed" too much...
I don't see any problem with Märtha-Louise being a spiritual person and beliving in angels (and talking to them).
I have to admit that I found it rather funny in the beginning, but I think you can see that it's really a serious topic for Märtha (now,that she's on sick-leave after all this criticism).
Well, I understand that there are discussions about the school she started, but I don't see any problem with her beliving in such things.
She can belive in whatever she wants... no matter if it's modern or not...
She's a princess: okay. But where's the problem? I really don't see any.. she didn't change her confession or something......

Not that this will matter to anyone, but I do think she has the right to practice what she perceives to be acceptable to her. As long as she isn't hurting anyone. This is a far better revelation to the world than someone who practices "black magick" or some inclandecent worship.

Angels are doorways to heaven and are always a positive study!! This can't be any worse than a 'Royal" who hunts "for fun" or someone who lives vicariously through what some might regard as negligent behaviour such as drugs and obsessions with sex. She isn't bad mouthing the prevailing church in Norway or the church her parents participate in , she has been given a gift and it all depends on how she uses it now. Christianity lives in your heart and how you live your life with relation to others and God through Jesus.

Many Royals throughout European history have always placed their faith in angels, "Gods messengers" and it has always helped them in times of personal trials. :angel:

I understand the very deep rooted laws and rules of any Royal lineage no matter where you belong on this glorious planet of ours. England is now being taunted with the fact many are claiming "unfairness" that any prevalant Royal who marries a catholic risks the chance of leaving the succession race; But in Norway however, I must say that because Norway is perceived as one of the most modern countries in our 21st century life, it also holds a responsibilty to act in a openly democratic way.

Besides, and forgive me, but this country is part of the most advanced democratic societies where it is very prevalant to find unwed mothers and commonlaw relations that many partners do not even attend church. I've many good friends who live there and whose family roots are from there and it is a general acceptance that this is the norm.
God bless Norway....even if I am Canadian of Portuguese decent!!
Thank You for listening,
MM

Last edited:
I don't think it is weird that she believes she can talk to Angels or animals. I don't think that it is weird that she has a "gift". I am a firm believer in Guardian Angels. I can't talk to them, but I do know they exist and watch over us.
What I think is weird about this whole thing, is that she opened a school to teach other people how to do this. Not every person has the "gift". It is not something that can be taught. You either have it or you don't. And for her to market this "gift" is what is strange.
people who have the "gift" and learn how to use it, want to teach other people how to use it and not to be afraid of it. To "charge people for it" even if they don't have the gift, but have an interest in it, is what I find strange.
She should have anticipated the criticism. This is not an everyday thing. Look at history in the past with people who had to hide their gift for fear of being killed.
We don't kill people now a days, but they are heavily criticized.
I hope she is learning to deal with the criticizm and goes on with whatever she wants.:flowers:

Well, if she is not preggers, she should be able to heal thyself rather quickly. Unfortunately, warm hands are not able to cure critiscm. I wonder if Mette-Marit regrets her testimonial from years ago, considering where this is all leading.

Princess' 'warm hands' treated sister-in-law Mette-Marit - Aftenposten.no

I'll bet she does regret it now. when she said it, she had no idea Martha-Louise would go on to start this school.

MM may well have been helped by the treatment, but now her comments are causing her to be associated with and perceived as 'endorsing' this controversial school.

Imho its not really fair to MM to bring this up. she made these comments when she was still new to the royal family and probably only underwent the treatment to be nice to her husband's sister.

I have a new sister-in-law and I want very much to have a good relationship with her. if I was sick and she wanted to 'lay her healing hands' on me, I'd think "why not? it can't do me harm and it makes her happy..."

I think you are right it can't do any harm but it can cause offence to some good catholics and teaching it is worse like you say if makes her happy martha has opened can of worms

It seems that this school is a good business to princess Märtha Louise - I have understood that it costs quite much for the pupils, am I correct?

Doesn't Queen Sonja support Martha Louise? I don't know if King Harald has replied yet. I heard that it costs a chunk of money, I personally wouldn't pay that much to go to learn to speak to angels, even if it was taught by a princess!

Doesn't Queen Sonja support Martha Louise? I don't know if King Harald has replied yet. I heard that it costs a chunk of money, I personally wouldn't pay that much to go to learn to speak to angels, even if it was taught by a princess!

Sonja said that she doesn't exactly believe in angels, but that there is more between heaven and earth than we know… She also says that Märtha Louise's business is her (Märtha Louise's) business, and then it is up to her to decide what the content is.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=174848

I saw on another board that ML made a press statement today with the lady whois her partner. Can anyone tell me what she said?
I'm just curious becuase was reported sick about the critism she rec'd when she announced the school and she cancelled a couple of events.

I saw on another board that ML made a press statement today with the lady whois her partner. Can anyone tell me what she said?
I'm just curious becuase was reported sick about the critism she rec'd when she announced the school and she cancelled a couple of events.

She basically said that she thought it was madness that so much fuss had been made over this, but it was nice that there was an interest - and to please not photograph those of her pupils that did not wish to be photographed. "Everybody is entitled to their privacy, and to decide themselves whether or not they want to appear in the media or not".

Link - with a video of the event: http://www.kjendis.no/2007/08/16/509042.html

I don't think it is weird that she believes she can talk to Angels or animals. I don't think that it is weird that she has a "gift".

I too believe in the power of healing, although the "strangeness" of this to me is that she discovers this at this time in her life. Usually the people that have such talents have early in life and it can't be taught. You can't just teach someone to heal or talk to angels. To me that is strange. $4000 for a course is quite expensive.

$4000 for a course is quite expensive.

The cost is about $2,000 for a semester. That includes teachings two days a week, as well as two weekend classes, according to the website. I don't find that particularly expensive given the cost of rent, and the level of wages they would have to pay instructors since this is Norway.

I don't think it is something I would have paid money for, though, as Norwegian state education in general is free on university level, and I'm sure I could have found some similar classes here and there under different branches. Physical therapy education, as Märtha Louise herself has taken, for example.

I was just reading an article from Yahoo in my homepage and to my surprise they had an article of Martha Louise. Found it surprising because it really has to be big for the US to not a foreign royal. Usually the British are noted. Of course the article talked about her new opening of the school and the criticism of her country.

Is she still on sickleave? According to a Dutch programme I saw she is upset by all the publicity around her recent revelations and she stays sick at home.

She returned from sick leave, to open Bislett Games. Then there was a big to-do about not allowing the press questions about the school, at that arrangement, as the focus was supposed to be on the Games and not her private projects - which in turn led to "Freedom of the Press" outcries, and caused them to say that it was okay to ask whatever kind of question one wanted.

Incidentally Haakon was asked by the press about her school, and said that he thinks it is great that his sister has the chance to do something that she wants to do.

I find it all a bit strange. I give people leave to believe whatever makes them happy and fulfills them, but the idea that you can teach someone to heal someone merely by touching them or what have you.....if I'm ill, I put more faith in Western medicine than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom