King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Yes, the mansion is very large and has a beautiful garden, where the king and Queen are in the photos. The photos are taken from the back of the mansion. This is true, it is a very big house for them, their children live in different countries, and they visit their parents in summer or for vacations. However, they have important friends and family, for example Queen Sofia, King Constantine in the interview says that he sees his sister very often, also members of the Danish royal family, such as Queen Margrethe, and Princess Benedikte, Benedikte is the one who visits them the most, they have many friends, and these are royalty, like the king and Queen of the Netherlands. In addition they make parties in the garden, like the birthday of Queen Anna Maria, I think that the birthday party of King Constantine will be celebrated in his house. I don't know when it could be celebrated, but I think it will be at home about summer

:previous:Yes, the mansion is very large and has a beautiful garden, where the king and Queen are in the photos. The photos are taken from the back of the mansion. This is true, it is a very big house for them, their children live in different countries, and they visit their parents in summer or for vacations. However, they have important friends and family, for example Queen Sofia, King Constantine in the interview says that he sees his sister very often, also members of the Danish royal family, such as Queen Margrethe, and Princess Benedikte, Benedikte is the one who visits them the most, they have many friends, and these are royalty, like the king and Queen of the Netherlands. In addition they make parties in the garden, like the birthday of Queen Anna Maria, I think that the birthday party of King Constantine will be celebrated in his house. I don't know when it could be celebrated, but I think it will be at home about summer

It is good hear that the former King and Queen get to meet their siblings and friends often on "home turf".

Today, I bought the magazine Hola!, and I have read and seen the photos. The interview enchanted me, but I recognize that the photos are very good. The King´s house has the shape of a palace, it is a small palace, very beautiful, and in a paradisiacal place, from where you can see the sea, and a great garden.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-layDxFEX...54985991400_3192334292151697408_n+%281%29.jpg

Wow! Is this their mansion in Porto Heli? It's massive.

However, they have important friends and family, for example Queen Sofia, King Constantine in the interview says that he sees his sister very often, also members of the Danish royal family, such as Queen Margrethe, and Princess Benedikte, Benedikte is the one who visits them the most, they have many friends, and these are royalty, like the king and Queen of the Netherlands. In addition they make parties in the garden, like the birthday of Queen Anna Maria.

I'm happy to know this. I hope Princess Irene gets to visit them often too. :flowers:

I would like to do a question. I think that King Constantine was going to celebrate his 80th birthday, and I think that he was going to throw a party because in the past he always celebrated his birthday with a party and members of royalty. The question, does anyone know where was going to celebrate the birthday party the King Constantine?

:previous:I do not know where that party would be held, but the reality is that this party was canceled by the coronavirus like it has been in Denmark with the birthday of Queen Margrethe.

In the interview I saw of him many years ago he said the best day of his life was when Princess Anna Marie agreed to marry him. You don't usually hear that from husbands.

Given all the trials and tribulations that befell them its wonderful to see them so happy and united.

Thank you for sharing the photos from Hello! Magazine. I have bought the magazine Hola !, Which has also published the interview, but I have verified that it is smaller in the Spanish version, it has fewer photos.

Following the instagram for the family of Prince Pavlos, his children, I see that they do not visit their grandparents in Greece frequently, it saddens me.
But following to the children of Princess Alexia, it is very difficult, because they do not share their lives with the public, I think they are closer to the grandparents of Greece, for example:

I read that on the 50th anniversary for the wedding of their grandparents, the king and Queen , the children of Princess Alexia, sent a visual congratulation, they were in Lanzarote, where they greeted the grandparents in Greek, and they congratulated them on their anniversary. This congratulation made their grandparents very happy.
Now seeing the shelves of the home of Constantine and Anne Marie, I liked the detail of seeing how the princess Alexia´s children has an individual photo .

In the photo, we can see in the background, a photo of the family of Prince Pavlos and the official photo of the engagement of Princess Theodora and Matthew, but on the shelves, it can be seen, the photo of Amelia, and Carlos, and in other site, the photo of Arrietta.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zycojwgr...24_3557508594277863_4202401293253214208_n.jpg

In the interview of the ¡Hola!Magazine, the King says that his daughter and her family visits them in the summer, and they have also spent some Christmas with them in Greece.
Even the king says he would like to be able to visit his daughter in Lanzarote, but he cannot.

:previous:I like the pictures of their grandchildren, but they also have a photo of Olympia on the table.
I don't know who the favorite grandchildren of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie , they adore their whole family, and the family is the most relevant thing for them. The king says, "I have lived eighty happy years. Of course there have been disappointments, but I have overcome it with the support and love of my family"?

Last edited:
King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie were recently interviewed by Aris Kavatzikis for Hello magazine.

That interview has been translated to Danish in Billed Bladet #32.
A pretty personal interview, especially of the King.

Is there an interest in a summary of that interview being posted here?

I have the interview in Spanish, it was published by the magazine ¡Hola!, But I have noticed that the interview published in Greece is much broader, with more questions and more photographs than the Spanish magazine. I think the ¡hola! , add questions about Queen Sofia and Princess Alexia because they live in Spain. I imagine that the Billed Bladet has different questions focused on Queen Anna Maria, I don't know if it is the wide version or the Spanish shortened version.
I'm not good at translating but I can try to translate the Spanish version, you have to give me time.
I would like someone besides the version of the Billed Bladet to be able to translate the Greek version

I want to remember that I am a disaster translating, but I could try.

Then perhaps I should do the BB version first and you can add what is missing?

:previous:okey!! I want to thank you in advance. Thank you.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I will put the questions that the Spanish magazine adds, and if a Greek friend can publish exclusive questions from the Greek version, the better, so we will have the complete interview, in all versions

Then perhaps I should do the BB version first and you can add what is missing?

Happy vacation and thank you for the offer to translate. Should you need help with English terms, I should be happy to oblige:flowers:

Summary of translated interview in Billed Bladet #32, 2020.
Interviewer: Aris Kavatzikis.

The interview took place at Porto Heli and was likely conducted in Greek, then translated to English, to Danish and now back to English.

Part one.
King Constantine. (KC)

Q: The 80th birthday is a significant point in the life of any person. Do You feel complete, full of experiences and happy?
KC: "I have lived for 80 wonderful years. Of course there have been disappointments, but I have always been able to overcome then with the help and love from my family."

Q: Will You describe Yourself as a fortunate/lucky person after all You so far has experienced?
KC: "Yes, I have a very happy life with my wife (formal word) and our children and it's wonderful to be back in my homeland."

Q: If You could live Your life all over again and the change the outcome of one moment while You ruled, what would that be?
KC: "The 13th December 1967."

Q: Of all the persons in the political and military life that You have met, are there anyone special You would like to point out?
KC: "It would be unfair to point out or name someone special. I'm just grateful for all in the armed forces who supported me on this tremendously difficult day in December."

Q: If there were someone or some who "betrayed" You, have You then deep down forgiven them?
KC: "I have forgiven them, but I will never forget that they didn't abide by their oath."

Q: What do You appreciate with the Greek people and what do You think is our biggest flaw?
KC: "I think the Greeks have been very resourceful since the Antiquity, there are many references in the works of Homer, The Iliad and the Odyssey about the inventive Odysseus.
The greatest flaw of the Greeks is the fear of taking responsibility and that makes them different."

Q: Do You still recall Your first thoughts and and first conversation with Queen Anne-Marie when You met?
KC: "When I met the Queen, she was just a little girl of thirteen. We fell in love when we met a few years later."

Q: Has the loss of the highest position in the land had an influence on the balance within Yourself and Your family? Have Your bonds as a couple ever been threatened?
KC: "We have never been in such a situation. On the contrary, it has strengthened our bonds even more. My wife (formal) have always supported my to the fullest in my personal adventures. I can only say that I have been incredibly lucky."

Q: Who among Your five children do You think have inherited most traits from You?
KC: "They have all inherited something from each of us. Perhaps I might say that their love for the country is something they have inherited from me and loyalty to the family from their mother."

Q: You supported Greece with all Your power in order to get the Olympic Games to the country in 2004 - is there anything else, You wish to do for the country, but which hasn't been possible in the current situation?
KC: "The well-being of my country has always been on my mind and I will always support any initiative in that direction with all my power."

Q: If we ask You to point out five important turning points from Your life, both personal or during the period of King of the Greeks, what would they be?
KC: "When I won a gold medal for Greece (in 1960), my wedding, the birth of each of my children, my first visit back to Greece and several years of exile and finally loving back to live in my homeland."

- The second part also includes Queen Anne-Marie being interviewed.

Part two.

Q: If You hadn't been born to the specific position You were, what occupation would You have had?
KC: "I've never thought about it, but when I went to school I appeared in various school plays and really liked it. So back then I got the thought that it could be amusing to be an actor. Perhaps that's where she's got, my daughter Theodora."

Q: Honestly, was it the Your love for the sea and sailing that made You choose Porto Heli as Your home?
KC: "I have always loved the sea. We have had so many fantastic summers here and then it's at the same time so close to Athens, that we can get in there pretty easily."

Q: What has frightened (odd choice of word!) You the most during the pandemic? Do You think that what we are all experiencing will mean a new era for mankind?
KC: "My wife (formal) and I hope that our children and the rest of the family will remain healthy and well and that Greece will not suffer the fate with huge and tragic loss of lives as we have seen in other countries.
Particularly because it comes after all those years where we have had an economic crisis. It has been and still is a concern both my wife (formal) and me. And yes, I think we have already entered a new ear for mankind after this ordeal which will make room for a new, I hope, and better situation.
I'm very optimistic, not least because Greek science and the state did so much for our safety."

Q: Due to the pandemic the wedding of Princess Theodora was cancelled and postponed, is there a new wedding date?
KC: "Alas, due to the situation we have at present not a date. When everything is settled again, God willing, then the wedding will take place in Greece."

Q: For someone like You, who has experienced so extremely difficult situations, is there anything that can scare You today?
KC: "A lot of things scare me, but I hope and believe Greece will again find greatness and will again be a pioneer."

Q: What are the thoughts and feelings of the Queen after 56 years of living together with King Constantine?
QAM: "I feel so fortunate that we found each other and that we have had such a wholesome and happy life together with five children and nine grandchildren - so far!

Q: How is the King as husband (formal word) and father?
QAM: "The fact that we have remained together for 56 years and that we have such a large family, does show I suppose, how strong and loving bonds we share."

Q: You learned to speak Greek and love Greece as your homeland. What has the country really given You, that has put such a mark in Your heart?
QAM: "I was very young when I came to Greece, but I fell in love with the country right away and has as such always felt at home."

- That's it.
Scans to follow. Probably tomorrow.

And here are the scans to the article: https://app.box.com/s/i1cu5d8lepi1aayhjuwmv1qbxxx0gyva

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Thank you very much for the excerpt from the interview. :flowers:

My pleasure. ?

It was nice to read what a dignified royal had to say.

My pleasure. ?

Well put Muhler and many thanks for your translation expertise. So nice to see and hear from this lovely couple. :flowers:

thank you ???. Muhler by the translation .

And now, I have to publish the added questions in the ¡Hola! Magazine. I warn you that my translation is not good.:sad::sad:

In addition to the questions published by the Billed Bladet, ¡Hola! magazine includes these three questions related to Spain.

Journalist (Martin Bianchi): Your sister is very popular and loved in Spain. What do you most admire about her? ´

King Constantine: I know how much my sister loves Spain and I am full of admiration for what she has done for her country
Thank God, we see each other often. She has a big heart and a wonderful sense of humor. What I have always admired of her, it is her way of bringing family members together wherever she goes.

Journalist (Martin Bianchi): For many years you and your family have visited Spain. What is the thing you like most about our country?

King Constantine: We traveled a lot to Spain, we also spent some Christmases in Spain, and in summer we went to Mallorca. All my family and I have very good memories of Spain. I have always had a close friendship with my brother-in-law (Juan carlos), and I will never forget the kindness and hospitality that he gave me and my family. Our older children are the same age as their cousins, so we always had a good time. They (cousins) are very close, I would say that they share a very special relationship. After returning to Greece, we did not visit Spain frequently, now we spend all our time here.

Journalist (M.Bianchi): his daughter Princess Alexia lives in the Canarias Islands. Do you have the opportunity to visit her?

King Constantine: Alexia is very happy in Lanzarote with her wonderful husband, Carlos, and with her four beautiful children. Unfortunately I can't visit her, but they all come to our house for two weeks in summer, and sometimes for Christmas

Last edited:
I think you did brilliantly, Lipe. :flowers:

The BB article was based on Hello Magazine, so King Constantine's remarks about the Spanish side was left out. A pity, I think. So your addition is most appreciated. ?

- I did notice something. In all the photos King Constantine was sitting down. I guess that while his mind is still sharp, his body has become more frail and it's understandable if he is not traveling abroad anymore.

Thank you:p?
Yes, this is true, King Constantine is always sitting in the photos. It is obvious that he cannot walk. However, I congratulate the photographer, Nikos Kominis, because his photos are good, seeing in recent years the physical deterioration of the King, I think those are good photos. I believe that it will be very difficult to see him again in real events outside of Greece.

I am glad that he granted the interview and posed for the photographer.:flowers:

So... he can't go to Spain because of his health, or some other reason?

I wonder what is the matter with him. We probably won't know, considering he's a private citizen?

At least he's home in a beautiful place.

It's quite clear that his health has deteriorated quite a bit in the last few years, so yes, he's been in Greece and no longer traveling it seems. If he still could travel he might visit his children all over the world but as he cannot, they have to come and visit him. Luckily at least one of his 5 children is nearby.

It would be interesting to hear his take on the current situation with King Juan Carlos, although I doubt he'd ever say anything.

My pleasure. ?

Both the King and Queen are indeed very dignified and very diplomatic! A very interesting interview; clearly the night of December 13 is engraved in the King's memory. I have great admiration for his courage in returning to Greece.
Thank you for the translations, Muhler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom