Queen Anne-Marie News & Current Events Part 1: January 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do think she was the most beautiful Princess of her generation. She always had a slightly crooked smile, but her face and eyes did concern me this weekend.

Queen Anne-Marie's face has been drooping on one side all her life, but it does seems more visible now. A Danish friend believes that she had some surgery after getting some face injuries in a car accident in her childhood when her mother crashed her car into a tree.

The accident took place in July 1948. Queen Ingrid was driving with her daughters Princess Margrethe and Princess Anne-Marie when the vehicle skidded on a slippery road near Gråsten Palace and crashed into a tree. The chauffeur, who was sitting next to the queen, had been driving but yielded the wheel when the queen wanted to drive.

The two princesses were in the back seat, and they were reported to have suffered concussions as they were thrown against the back of the front seat. Queen Ingrid suffered a mild concussion, a cut above one eye, and a fractured kneecap. The queen was able to get her daughters out of the car herself, and the princesses were bleeding from cuts/bruises on their faces. The chauffeur was more seriously injured as he suffered a concussion, a fractured skull, and a crushed jaw. King Frederik was at Gråsten, he was quickly informed of the accident, and he drove himself alone in his car and arrived in time to help his wife, daughters, and the chauffeur into three ambulances.

They were treated at hospital in Sønderborg.

Last edited:
The accident took place in July 1948. Queen Ingrid was driving with her daughters Princess Margrethe and Princess Anne-Marie when the vehicle skidded on a slippery road near Gråsten Palace and crashed into a tree. The chauffeur, who was sitting next to the queen, had been driving but yielded the wheel when the queen wanted to drive.

The two princesses were in the back seat, and they were reported to have suffered concussions as they were thrown against the back of the front seat. Queen Ingrid suffered a mild concussion, a slight cut above one eye, and a fractured kneecap. The queen was able to get her daughters out of the car herself, and the princesses were bleeding from cuts/bruises on their faces. The chauffeur suffered a concussion, a fractured skull, and a crushed jaw.

They were treated at hospital in Sønderborg.

According to Margrethe herself, they were in front with their mother. (And the accident is responsible for the asymmetry in Anne-Marie's face.) It is possible that whatever is affecting her now is not so serious (she was at a whirlwind series of events functioning just fine), it's just her underlying facial structure making it more noticeable.

Queen Anne Marie is 77. And has suffered the loss of her beloved Husband and soul mate. It kind of reminds me of the Elizabeth and Philip love Story.

She too, is still grieving and hopefully re-centering her life. I can't imagine. Married to Constantine for nearly 70 YEARS. It must be heartbreaking.

I think for her age she looks very good, and hope She will get stronger and find peace and purpose. Luckily, She has a wonderful close relationship with her Sisters and Children. I wasn't aware of the horrible accident and injuries she suffered as a child, it certainly never affected her luminous beauty.

That being said, with all the heartache and stresses this year She suffered, OUR BODIES do physically react to life changing stress and sadness.

But, again at 77, whatever health challenges Anne Marie might be facing, She has access to the best care AND the love and support of her Family.

We should all be so blessed.

Last edited:
Queen Anne Marie is 77. And has suffered the loss of her beloved Husband and soul mate. It kind of reminds me of the Elizabeth and Philip love Story.

She too, is still grieving and hopefully re-centering her life. I can't imagine. Married to Constantine for nearly 70 YEARS. It must be heartbreaking.

I think for her age she looks very good, and hope She will get stronger and find peace and purpose. Luckily, She has a wonderful close relationship with her Sisters and Children. I wasn't aware of the horrible accident and injuries she suffered as a child, it certainly never affected her luminous beauty.

That being said, with all the heartache and stresses this year She suffered, OUR BODIES do physically react to life changing stress and sadness.

But, again at 77, whatever health challenges Anne Marie might be facing, She has access to the best care AND the love and support of her Family.

We should all be so blessed.

They did have a long marriage, but it was almost 60 years, not 70 years. :lol: (She married young, but not quite that young!)

This is true.
In a Danish documentary for the 50 years of her Reign , Queen Margrethe spoke about that accident, and she said that her sister, Anne Marie had paralysis in her face during her childhood, due to breaking her jaw in the accident. This paralysis was very evident in her childhood, but when she grew up, it disappeared, and she became a beautiful woman with a sweet smile.

When you see Queen Anne Marie in person, the truth is that you don't see any flaws in her face, you don't notice it, but when she is photographed, using a flash camera, it appears reflected in the photograph, however , if she is photographed During the day it is not perceived in the photo or goes unnoticed, but when photos are taken with a flash camera, it always appears reflected in the photo, although in person, it is not visible. Honestly, as we get older, the defects become more and more visible and I agree with Granada, stress and sadness also influence

Oh, Thanks Kalnel for the correction !!!!! Darn Math !

Spare a thought on this day for Queen Anna-Maria, as this is the first wedding anniversary in 59 years she will celebrate without Konstantinos.

Posts about Queen Anne-Marie and Prince Philippos attending the pre-view of "The Snow Queen" in Copenhagen can be found at this thread. Reposts have been removed.

2/2/2024
Queen Anna Maria at the Athens Concert Hall, where the charity concert "On the shores of Moldova - 200 years since the birth of Smetana" was held in memory of Kostis Sofianos. Part of the proceeds will go to the "Panagia Faneromeni" Koulouriou hospital in Hydra.

Kostis Sofianos passed away in 2009, he was a violinist. He Studied at the Anavryta boarding school in Athens with King Constantine. In the photo we can see Queen Anne Maria greeting Anna Michelle Asimakopoulou, she was the niece of Kostis Sofianos

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...KlyGtKvanEndSwqhB_ubX/w253-h400/basilissa.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Anna Maria, this morning, at the "507 Athens" hotel, at a meeting of former students of Anavrita, which was the boarding school where King Constantine studied, at this meeting , the most outstanding students were awarded and teachers from that school..At this event the New Year's cake (Vasilopita) of the former students association was also cut, this is a Greek tradition.
This is an annual meeting, always attended King Constantine, and now, Queen Anna Maria.

I like to see that Queen Anna Maria attends an event like this, for King Constantine it was very important to meet his old schoolmates, and he never stopped attending these meetings.

https://scontent-mad2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...Ns5hmoWpovQNVmXC5H6FsOecR8AwxfrPg&oe=65D80A92

https://scontent-mad2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...SnOkl9nc7pgq1LgGNc6YerAooh6mx-6tg&oe=65D741DB

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...41d61DYCrtlc9uWKDO3LgK4AGClBMeMUw&oe=65D6A790

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom