Japanese State Visits: General Discussion, Suggestions, Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
I think it's interesting to create a topic to talk about Japan's state visits.

I noticed that the current Emperor and Empress have not yet made state visits. Is it because of the Covid-19 pandemic?

The state visit to the United Kingdom also did not take place.

I think it's interesting to create a topic to talk about Japan's state visits.

I noticed that the current Emperor and Empress have not yet made state visits. Is it because of the Covid-19 pandemic?

The state visit to the United Kingdom also did not take place.

Certainly yes.

Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako made a state visit to Indonesia June 17-23, 2023.

It was confusing as many articles used various terms such as "goodwill visit" or "official visit" or "official visit as state guests" but it is a state visit. I found it very odd, why couldn't they simply use "state visit" ?

The last part of this Jiji article says (Google translation) "Their Majesties are scheduled to make a goodwill visit to the UK next year."

Last edited:
Maybe it's because Charles is supposed to visit them first, being the newer monarch?

Maybe it's because Charles is supposed to visit them first, being the newer monarch?

I do not think rules like that really apply these days.

Ehat makes you think that? As far as I can tell all monarchies still follow them.

So this means that King Charles III and Queen Camilla will have to make a state visit to Japan first, and only then will the Emperor and Empress resume their state visit to the United Kingdom. Interesting.
I thought they no longer followed that to the letter.

Back
Top Bottom